What's new

5 Simple Rules of Starting-up.

I am confused with your #1 point like you are being poetic. I understand that the solution is based on the problem but if you will start with the problem then that means you have no solution yet. The start up cannot be started, right? And who is in his right mind that would start a business when there is no solution to the problem yet? One example is capital. The problem is the lack of capital. Of course, you cannot start your business if there is no solution to your problem yet.

If you are thinking of a creating a start-up - let me save you years of aggravation and money wasted with 5 simple rules:

1. Do NOT start with the solution - start with the problem - solutions come from problems - not the other way around. People pay money for solutions to their problems, not your solution to something that is not a problem for them.
  2. The answer is always "why" - every aspect of your service, website, call-to-actions, pricing page - you need to have a written definition of 'why' for every aspect of your service in order to be optimised and successful. If you don't have reasons "why" for any part of your service - you will not be effective in serving your customer and fail.
  3. Define your target market by describing who the person is, and where they are in their daily journey. You need to find a way to deliver your solution to them right there and then - map out their discovery process and how they will find you.
  4. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Less is more. People take the shortest path to get to a goal. Make it easy for them. REALLY easy.
  5. [Golden Rule] - You want something in life? You give it. You get what you give. Always be giving - it comes back.
Have anything to add?
It is very important to me. It helps with motivation, it helps with credibility, and it helps stay focused on some of your unique differentiators.

Mehn this is an embodiment of wisdom embedded in just 5 nuggets. This is timely as am doing a research for a business which is launching soon with this new outlook i can get some good information from my analysis for the founders.

This is very good article, it's informative and educative article that can be always useful, thank for sharing it. You made a point of what you said. The only thing I can also add to this, it's that you do not start a business with the empty head, make sure you have knowledge/idea about business you want to start and you have passion for it.

If you are thinking of a creating a start-up - let me save you years of aggravation and money wasted with 5 simple rules:

1. Do NOT start with the solution - start with the problem - solutions come from problems - not the other way around. People pay money for solutions to their problems, not your solution to something that is not a problem for them.
  2. The answer is always "why" - every aspect of your service, website, call-to-actions, pricing page - you need to have a written definition of 'why' for every aspect of your service in order to be optimised and successful. If you don't have reasons "why" for any part of your service - you will not be effective in serving your customer and fail.
  3. Define your target market by describing who the person is, and where they are in their daily journey. You need to find a way to deliver your solution to them right there and then - map out their discovery process and how they will find you.
  4. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Less is more. People take the shortest path to get to a goal. Make it easy for them. REALLY easy.
  5. [Golden Rule] - You want something in life? You give it. You get what you give. Always be giving - it comes back.
Have anything to add?
You have articulated very well.
All the five rules of starting up is very important especially the numbers four and five.
Whatever you want you should be able to give it. It will surely come back whether we like it or not. This particular rule is an eye opener.

We can also choose to make it easy for people by keeping it simple.
Everyone needs a shorter cut we should do well to ensure that they achieve anything within the shortest time.

I've always said this anyone that wishes to prosper in his entrepreneurship journey must know his/her why ie the reason why he is venturing into that.... The most important reason should be to solve problems and give value.... Being a problem solver naturally brings money into your pockets

Ads by
Stop seeing this adWhy this ad?
Ad was inappropriate
Ad covered content
Not interested in this ad
Seen this ad multiple times
We'll try not to show that ad again
Ad closed by

Another reason for small business when starting a business you should not expect return quick, another important rule is to have enough capital, we need to plan before consider how to start up business,

The last rule (number 5) is especially good, my friend.
But you see, first of all I should first begin to understand the true meaning of what a start-up essentially is.
Secondly, to think about what I could plan, better something is not yet available for the many customers / buyers.
Thanks for the suggestions.

What you must know about starting a business is that every business in this world need passion time and consideration sometimes you need to be patient so as to build a group of trusted friends that will support and patronize you in every area of your business as a business personality you should never expect to make quick profit as starting a business you should have patient and wait for the right time before you think of making a reasonable amount of profit

• Give Before You Take.
  • Work With People With a Good Moral Conscience.
  • Surround Yourself With the Best.
  • Remember Life Is Short.
  • Build on Your Strengths, Hire for Your Weaknesses.

I am confused with your #1 point like you are being poetic. I understand that the solution is based on the problem but if you will start with the problem then that means you have no solution yet. The start up cannot be started, right? And who is in his right mind that would start a business when there is no solution to the problem yet? One example is capital. The problem is the lack of capital. Of course, you cannot start your business if there is no solution to your problem yet.
The man is trying to you should look for problems lots of people are facing and come up with the appropriate solution to the problem. That when people will pay for what you bring to the market. The mistake most people who want to start up a business make is that they will just come up with a product without doing finding first and that move is a bit wrong.

Have anything to add?
Here are the five basic rules to starting up

You are a Passionate About It. Money is no substitute for passion, so every entrepreneurial journey should start with a passion. ...
It's Simple. “Think big” is a common mantra for entrepreneurs. ...
One Revenue Stream. ...
Few Steps to Revenue. ...
You Know the Customer. ...

It is important to keep business as strictly business with anyone no matter the relationship. A business is more likely to go wrong at the starting time than the time of its growth because there are many foundational steps that needs to taken and many points to consider. If any of these goes wrong, the business is vulnerable.

Thanks for sharing such amazing tips here, honestly speaking I have learnt two things from your explanation. The first is define your market, it is lack of defined market that makes most businesses run out of sells. Next thing I learned is start by solving a problem. This would promote your sells.

Simple Rules of Starting-up.​

Make a business plan.
Secure appropriate funding.
Surround yourself with the right people. ...
Find a location and build a website. ...
Become a marketing expert. ...
Build a customer base. ...
Prepare for anything.

Before venturing into any business, make sure that you're armed with enough information about what you're venturing in, this way you can minimize your chances of failing early in the venture.
In the budding stages of your business, do not worry about what your returns bring. Be more focused on establishing the business firmly on its feet. You can think about bulk profit when your biz is fully established.

Well, in my experience, I delivered something good, but not in a format they would pay for. For instance, with my music lesson stuff, I wouldn't do videos, only text/audio lessons. Also a problem was my list was huge, but not big enough, especially without videos.
Running your own business takes sacrifice. For some, it is the loss of a social life as long hours, late nights and working weekends become the norm. For others it is a financial burden as they step away from the security of a steady paycheck and into the relative unknown of entrepreneurship. Then there is the strain that getting a business off the ground can place on health– both mental and physical.

When starting up any business, make sure you have enough capital to run the Business because a new start up business requires alot of capital to run due to the first losses that the business will incur in its first years of existence. During this time, it's the large capital that will finance these losses.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back