What's new

5 Simple Rules of Starting-up.

Crypto guy

Aug 16, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
If you are thinking of a creating a start-up - let me save you years of aggravation and money wasted with 5 simple rules:

1. Do NOT start with the solution - start with the problem - solutions come from problems - not the other way around. People pay money for solutions to their problems, not your solution to something that is not a problem for them.
  2. The answer is always "why" - every aspect of your service, website, call-to-actions, pricing page - you need to have a written definition of 'why' for every aspect of your service in order to be optimised and successful. If you don't have reasons "why" for any part of your service - you will not be effective in serving your customer and fail.
  3. Define your target market by describing who the person is, and where they are in their daily journey. You need to find a way to deliver your solution to them right there and then - map out their discovery process and how they will find you.
  4. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Less is more. People take the shortest path to get to a goal. Make it easy for them. REALLY easy.
  5. [Golden Rule] - You want something in life? You give it. You get what you give. Always be giving - it comes back.
Have anything to add?

Well, in my experience, I delivered something good, but not in a format they would pay for. For instance, with my music lesson stuff, I wouldn't do videos, only text/audio lessons. Also a problem was my list was huge, but not big enough, especially without videos.

If you are thinking of a creating a start-up - let me save you years of aggravation and money wasted with 5 simple rules:

1. Do NOT start with the solution - start with the problem - solutions come from problems - not the other way around. People pay money for solutions to their problems, not your solution to something that is not a problem for them.
  2. The answer is always "why" - every aspect of your service, website, call-to-actions, pricing page - you need to have a written definition of 'why' for every aspect of your service in order to be optimised and successful. If you don't have reasons "why" for any part of your service - you will not be effective in serving your customer and fail.
  3. Define your target market by describing who the person is, and where they are in their daily journey. You need to find a way to deliver your solution to them right there and then - map out their discovery process and how they will find you.
  4. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Less is more. People take the shortest path to get to a goal. Make it easy for them. REALLY easy.
  5. [Golden Rule] - You want something in life? You give it. You get what you give. Always be giving - it comes back.
Have anything to add?
I really appreciate the advice you are giving us. As an almost illiterate in entrepreneurship issues, each sentence is a universe of teachings, in particular what refers to the2 why" Along these lines, I would like your opinion on the subject of giving away some of our products or services from the launch: is it correct or is it a mistake? I am organizing an online academic training company.

Have anything to add?
These are great points, most of them are already implemented in my own business. I think always strive to improve is a great thing to add!

Very informative and educative article, there are no misses. When starting a business first ask yourself, what problem is my products/service solving?, What solution are they offering....

Another rule for small business owners and start up is not to expect quick returns like that. They need to be patient in any INDUSTRY they found them selves and gain their ground

Those are very good and practical rules for starting up. Indeed all business should start in order to provide solutions to problems and not the other way round. Knowing your target is also very important.

These rules are very valuable, especially for people who are starting a business. I trust to apply them but there are also other important details, such as not spending the first profits, giving time and saving to solve any situation that may arise, and personal finances should not be related to commercial ones. On the other hand, you must be courteous with customers to attract more people to your business.

Have anything to add?
Be an expert in the field you consider setting up a business. Be product or service knowledgeable. Establish your target audience. Know your market idiocy. Know who your competitors are and establish your personal unique selling point.

This write up is very nice and I love it. The choice of words were very simple. The five rules of starting up is very important when setting up a business. You need to understand your market. Firstly know what’s needed in your surrounding. Get a distribution chain and know your customer

Weldone the poster. I love the number one point. You create the problem and you sell the solution. That's what is making Apple to still be in business. Now they are now creating their own charger when they have stopped selling charger with their phones.

Very informative and educative post as a starter in entrepreneur these will really help one to come out productively, also it must be noted that consistency is key for a starter, things wouldn't just start blooming like that, you must consistently push on and not give up

One other thing that needs to be considered is not to start diving into the so called profit or gain if such businesses or company do not have nor follow a cash flow statement. You can not start spending from a business that is yet to turn cash flow positive. It is also not safe to even dive into spending at the point it becomes cash flow positive.

Those tips are very good and we need to always consider them before starting up every economic activity. I will like to add another tip which is the need to always be patient and work hard in any niche you decide to go into. Most people with little patience struggle in business because they might think it is not very easy to start making profit.

• : Keep your mortgage payment to 25% or less of your income. ...
  • Rule 2: Avoid private mortgage insurance by making a 20% down payment. ...
  • Rule 3: Understand how adjustable rate mortgages work and what risks are involved. ...
  • Rule 4: Know whether you'll actually be able to deduct your mortgage expenses

I agree with your rules, especially with the first one. If you're planning to start a business, it's better to think of the problems that may arise in the future. It coule be in the product, environment or the entry of a new competitor. Once you've thought about the problems that your business might encounter, think about the possible solutions for those problems. There are a lot of uncertainty that may happen in a business, so it's always better to come prepared.

Have anything to add?
Wow, this is great. Identify the problem first and then present the solution, once you can solve a common problem then you are swimming in money. KISS got me laughing though, I thought it was Keep It Short and Simple.

Indeed but another important rule is to have enough capital, we all know that capital is the backbone of the business, also don't be afraid of change ,at some point in the business to become more effective and profitable you have to hire people.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back