What's new

5 Simple Rules of Starting-up.

If you are thinking of a creating a start-up - let me save you years of aggravation and money wasted with 5 simple rules:

1. Do NOT start with the solution - start with the problem - solutions come from problems - not the other way around. People pay money for solutions to their problems, not your solution to something that is not a problem for them.
  2. The answer is always "why" - every aspect of your service, website, call-to-actions, pricing page - you need to have a written definition of 'why' for every aspect of your service in order to be optimised and successful. If you don't have reasons "why" for any part of your service - you will not be effective in serving your customer and fail.
  3. Define your target market by describing who the person is, and where they are in their daily journey. You need to find a way to deliver your solution to them right there and then - map out their discovery process and how they will find you.
  4. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Less is more. People take the shortest path to get to a goal. Make it easy for them. REALLY easy.
  5. [Golden Rule] - You want something in life? You give it. You get what you give. Always be giving - it comes back.
Have anything to add?
These are very strong points, some of which I have already implemented in my business and my business is doing very well and I think we have to improve a little more and implement it. By importing so that the business can run smoothly and be successful.

Make sure your idea has real customer value, a large opportunity, and a sustainable competitive advantage before you start. "Nice to have" or a 10 percent cost advantage alone doesn't make it these days.

Great points you’ve written and they’re just so hilarious thank you. Another rule for small business owners and start up is not to expect quick returns like that. Patience should play a big role here we should know nothing good comes easy.

Well, in my experience, I delivered something good, but not in a format they would pay for. For instance, with my music lesson stuff, I wouldn't do videos, only text/audio lessons. Also a problem was my list was huge, but not big enough, especially without videos.

You must have a plan about the kind of business you want to start up, you must have the required capital for the business, you must also have good knowledge of the kind of business you want to start up. You must also know the number of employees you want to employ or if you will start this business on your own.

The point of not starting with a solution but to start with a problem is getting me a little racked up. This is because I think in the rules of starting up, you have to identify a problem and then proffer solution as your service to people.

I think you have made alot of solid points on the rules to abide to when Starting up a business. I think the major rule is to be really knowledgeable about the business you are about to establish, make alot of research ask alot of questions from experts and more experienced people and another important rule is you have to be really hardworking and be really patient.

1. Do NOT start with the solution - start with the problem - solutions come from problems - not the other way around. People pay money for solutions to their problems, not your solution to something that is not a problem for them.
  2. The answer is always "why" - every aspect of your service, website, call-to-actions, pricing page - you need to have a written definition of 'why' for every aspect of your service in order to be optimised and successful. If you don't have reasons "why" for any part of your service - you will not be effective in serving your customer and fail.
  3. Define your target market by describing who the person is, and where they are in their daily journey. You need to find a way to deliver your solution to them right there and then - map out their discovery process and how they will find you.
  4. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Less is more. People take the shortest path to get to a goal. Make it easy for them. REALLY easy.
  5. [Golden Rule] - You want something in life? You give it. You get what you give. Always be giving - it comes back.

Create a LLC or Corporation. Register Your business Name. Apply for a Federal Tax ID Number. Determine If You Need a State Tax ID Number. Obtain business Permits and Licenses. Protect Your business with Insurance. Open a business Bank Account.

This is a very good article, the first point is apt, people are often looking for solution to their problems and most are insecured about this problem if you can provide a solution to their problems then you will surely make it big

Very informative. Many users can gain knowledge and information about your post. It is indeed an encouraging way to start up. Keep sharing your thoughts pal! 👍

rules of starting up are being consistent with whatever you want to do,be creative in your plans,have a open and right mindset to accept useful advise.have a good relationship with workers and possess a listening ear to customers

Another reason for small business when starting a business you should not expect return quick, another important rule is to have enough capital, we need to plan before consider how to start up business,
These rules are very important to observe to start a successful business.
Every business owner that want to be successful must ensure that they abide to some of the rules mentioned above.
Without keeping some rules in business it will be hard to succeed.

Wao amazing you shared such a valuable data for business purpose. To start a business is not much difficult but to manage it in a way that the business may succeed is difficult. In my opinion be an expert in the field you consider setting up a business. Be product or service knowledgeable. Establish your target audience. Know your market idiocy. Know who your competitors are and establish your personal unique selling point with a unique product which is need of that place.

I have to agree that these are very helpful and inspiring points, some of which I've already implemented in my former business.
The most important being, working to reach a desired target, I think It helped me a lot to reach where I am today. Making a goal and deadline for yourself is quite a good way to motivate yourself.

You can't identify solutions to problems you haven't identified. Identification of problems would give birth to the possible solution because solution before the problem is like putting the chart before horse

If you are thinking of a creating a start-up - let me save you years of aggravation and money wasted with 5 simple rules:

Have anything to add?
I love your points especially the last one. This is because that particular point not only applies in the business sector, but in all aspects of life. The golden rule is simple treat people the way you want to be treated. Keeping this rule in mind will ensure success in everything we do.
Post automatically merged:

Have anything to add?
I love your points especially the last one. This is because that particular point not only applies in the business sector, but in all aspects of life. The golden rule is simple treat people the way you want to be treated. Keeping this rule in mind will ensure success in everything we do.

According to my own point of view, the five simple rules to start you life is first give your best to get what ever you want, second be honest with your self and everyone around you, third always safe for your future, forth put God first in all things and fifty, always plan ahead.

Guys above have contributed a lot of ideas to the thread but permit me to add a summary to the thread.
1. Make sure you have enough capital to start
2. Don't be greedy
3. Be smart
4. Have aplan

Also, get to know investors, if the business you are starting will need investors to grow. Community angels and venture capital groups are a good place to look for one. Attend meetings they hold, or meeting investors are invited to speak.
Post automatically merged:

Also, get to know investors, if the business you are starting will need investors to grow. Community angels and venture capital groups are a good place to look for one. Attend meetings they hold, or meeting investors are invited to speak.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back