Writers Service Team
Staff member
Writer's Staff Team
1000 Posts Club
Sep 29, 2019
USD
$3.1900USD
Biznotes
Some people got sites with 4. For instance, this one site I saw last night had 4 in the name and the assumption was it represented the word "for". Of course, if you typed "for" in the domain name instead of "4", perhaps the domain wouldn't come up, unless that domain redirected to the one with "4" in it. Well, what do you feel about all of this?

An example is the maybe fiction site Guitar4Kids.com.

I think a lot of people do this type of name for their companies or name of a product. There are video games like Left 4 Dead, or Back 4 Blood. Those use 4 in place of for. But I would only use it if 4 had a meaning to the site or product. Like with the games I mentioned above. It probably wouldn't make much sense to just use it in place of "for" if there is no meaning behind it.

It doesn't mean you can't do it, just that it doesn't make sense to do it if there's no meaning behind it.

I think a lot of people do this type of name for their companies or name of a product. There are video games like Left 4 Dead, or Back 4 Blood. Those use 4 in place of for. But I would only use it if 4 had a meaning to the site or product. Like with the games I mentioned above. It probably wouldn't make much sense to just use it in place of "for" if there is no meaning behind it.

It doesn't mean you can't do it, just that it doesn't make sense to do it if there's no meaning behind it.
Do you think it's confusing for people visiting such sites, or do they get it? Myself, I think they get it. I don't think it's a big deal.

I have not used it but I think it is a cool way to make your domain interesting or come up with an interesting domain name. The main point of getting a domain is it should sound interesting and easy to remember, and having 4 can make a domain interesting and easy to remember. But 4 should also have a purpose on the domain.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back