What's new

⚽Business in Sport: Which one comes first Money, Trophy, or Entertainment?

The three; money, trophy and entertainment are basics of a good sport. Clubs want to make money, players are after trophy and fans are more concerned with entertainment. The joining point is that when clubs earn more trophies, they make money and consequently the value of their players rise, then the entertainment sought after by the fans will be compensated with the pride found in the trophies won by there clubs.

Be it money, trophy or entertainment, one thing should come to mind is that football is a business and profit making is the aim. Even club that plays football with professional players will have to pay its players' wages and that can only be realized from money made.

Is your pick is trophy?
Modern round leather game fans would jump on this but for me the first and most important is Entertainment.
As the club owner, fan, or a player the first is entertainment.

What is your view?
For me Trophy comes first, that is the price
You don't want to run a business and go bankrupt

Try and balance the two
While. You entertain others
Try also to make money

Thanks

For club owners what comes first is money then, trophy. We can see clearly a team like Manchester United, places business first before signing any player because club owners are businessmalen and what they want is profit. For the fans what matters is entertainment and trophy.

When it comes to sporting business what matters to the owner may be differ from what matters the fans. Some club owners solely want profit and they don't care about trophy and some business owner like trophy but when it comes to the club fans they solely care about trophy. But to me trophy and profit making matters a lot in a club. When a club win more trophy they make the fans happy and the owner too.

For me, l would say l love sports because it's a very effective form of entertainment and almost all the fund do involve in it because of this function. But maybe club owners and some players too may choose money first before entertainment.

In sports, I believe the most important thing to both fans, players, managers and club owners is trophy, because it usually comes with both money and entertainment. Before a club wins a trophy, they will have to play and win lots of teams, which will be entertaining to the fans, who will then pay to come and watch their winning team, thereby generating revenue for the club, and when the team finally wins the trophy, that will also be more money for the club.

When it comes to sporting business what matters to the owner may be differ from what matters the fans. Some club owners solely want profit and they don't care about trophy and some business owner like trophy but when it comes to the club fans they solely care about trophy. But to me trophy and profit making matters a lot in a club. When a club win more trophy they make the fans happy and the owner too.
I wouldn't want to disagree with you on this but it's your views. I like to ask what you would say about fans supporting teams you and I know can't win any trophy in recent years but they have fan base that us loyal and they keep paying for tickets to watch the team play.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know if I'm the only one seeing it this way. Without the fans, there won't be money for the club and wihotu entertainment there won't be sport. Entertainment is a necessity before Money and Trophy can be realized.

Last edited:
Football is entertaining. But the entertainment can get a lot better if there was something to be won, a trophy. Tournaments helps bring more intensity to the game and makes it more entertaining. Trophies are very important in the round leather game.

In sport entertainment comes first because the main purpose of engaging in sporting activities is for entertainment purposes. The second is money which is the motivating factor to get a thropy. Though each participatipants has his own target or reasons for engaging in the sport. In a nutshell, people engage in sport for entertainment or fun.

In sport entertainment comes first because the main purpose of engaging in sporting activities is for entertainment purposes. The second is money which is the motivating factor to get a thropy. Though each participatipants has his own target or reasons for engaging in the sport. In a nutshell, people engage in sport for entertainment or fun.
I agree with you in totality. Most people don't align with my point of view because they are seeing the present change in the sport word which is currently dominated with money 💰. If the fans aren't entertained profit won't be realized.

I think entertainment comes first in football games, starting from the audience watching at thestadium it's played down to viewers on Tv. Then the money aspect comes for those that bet on matches or games. A team either wins or loses, if there's a win the trophy comes in.

You know the funny thing is all you listed is associated with money, when you win trophies you win prize money. When the sports is entertaining people will pay to watch or even subscribe to watch exclusively.

I'm not a core sports lover or person so for me, it's entertainment first, then money or trophy can come next.

Sports are the money collection. In conclusion, sports are clearly tied to patterns of class, class relations, and social inequality in society. Money and economic power do matter, and they matter in ways that often reproduce existing patterns of social class and life chances.

You know the funny thing is all you listed is associated with money, when you win trophies you win prize money. When the sports is entertaining people will pay to watch or even subscribe to watch exclusively.
Trophy won after every competition is as a result of hard work and perfection the team must have shown at it. 10 years ago clubs win trophies for the fans who paid so much to be entertained, and the team strive to get the trophy to of prove to the fans that they are the best team to lookout for when it comes to entertainment.

Is your pick is trophy?
Modern round leather game fans would jump on this but for me the first and most important is Entertainment.
As the club owner, fan, or a player the first is entertainment.

What is your view?
If one is strictly for business in sport then trophies comes 1st and the trophies will produce money. So far you are already in sport, sport is largely for entertainment so no matter how, will still get entertained.

In as much as most footballers as most footballers and club play for entertainment and the passion they have for it if they are not being paid well they won't have much zeal and motivation to continue in the game.... so. it's money and entertainment for me

If one is strictly for business in sport then trophies comes 1st and the trophies will produce money. So far you are already in sport, sport is largely for entertainment so no matter how, will still get entertained.
@Thosynho I agree with you on these. But majority of of profit earned by most clubs aren't from trophies. Although, the amount earned form winning the league trophy is just a fraction of profit realized by the Club.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back