What's new

⚽Business in Sport: Which one comes first Money, Trophy, or Entertainment?

Different clubs have their own priorities, smaller club prioritize money that is why they sell their good players, why big clubs priorities trophies, some club like Barcelona prioritize entertainment. As a barca fan I prioritize entertainment.

As a sports and footballer, I'm always engaged in sport for the entertainment in it. I don't do gambling or betting so I don't think their is any way I could make money from sport but the best I could derive from it is entertainment. I love when my club wins and lift trophy at the end of the season

As a sports and footballer, I'm always engaged in sport for the entertainment in it. I don't do gambling or betting so I don't think their is any way I could make money from sport but the best I could derive from it is entertainment. I love when my club wins and lift trophy at the end of the season
That is how it should be for all football fans. As far as it is sport what comes first is entertainment. Without entertainment, all other factors and aspect of business can't be achieved. Imagine supporting a club whole heatedly knowing the club won't lift trophy anytime soon.

Sports or games have different me definition to different personalities. I love football as a means of entertainment and means of socialization among the people of the world to create a peaceful coexistence among every one...........

I would say entertainment comes first for me. I support a football club because I enjoy how they play and how they win. Then trophies would be next, you don't entertain me and win matches to go home empty-handed. I really don't know how money works with fans like me though.

Concerning what comes first in business sport either money, trophy, and entertainment. Well, I think it is good to derive all from sport. As a sport, I take priority on the entertainment sport especially football. As a footballer, I prioritize the money over the rest

Sports is a very interesting and innovative activity. Apart from the health benefits we all know, they people involved in sports are also millionaires. They make money from sponsors, ticket selling and so on

I'm also a good player in football so for the concerning what comes first in business sport either money, trophy, and entertainment. Well, I think it is good to derive all from sport. As a sport, I take priority on the entertainment sport especially football as it is my best game.

Yes, entertainment comes to my mind first each time I thought of sport, after that I will start thinking of money in sport, before finally thinking about trophy. Any day I gamble on any particular sport, I don't watch for entertainment or think entertainment, I think money straight.

Is your pick is trophy?
Modern round leather game fans would jump on this but for me the first and most important is Entertainment.
As the club owner, fan, or a player the first is entertainment.

What is your view?

It's the trophy first. Of what use is playing attractive football when you can't win a trophy? This is why I like Jose Mourinho of Tottenham of England. He is always focused and always pick trophies ahead of playing exciting football. This is what you should wish your club as a fan too.

There’re lots of investment opportunities in sports. As a club owner, the most important thing to consider is profit. Investing in sports requires a lot of capital and it’s the most ideal thing to make profit. Other things fall behind this.

Sports keep the player active and healthy .As a player for me i think trophy is the first. Because we work through out the year for this event. During the practice the club or board invest money on the club . And the people of the country also demand to win from his players. So get profit in the event it is very important to win trophy .

When it comes to sporting business, the priority should be money so as to focus mostly on the business aspect of the business. The clubs that I know mostly take the business as lucrative as they make up their mind about selling of players and also buying of other players.

Last edited:
Depends on what the club wants at the stage they are and the club pedigree, some clubs focus more on trophies while some just play for the money and not to get relegated, but most big clubs plays for money and trophies in their cabinet

I am a fan of mixed martial arts and I always watch the UFC fights, it is the premier league of MMA. The president of UFC - ultimate fighting championship - admits that their "promotion" is business so they prefer to feature fighters who are popular. In other words if the fighter is excellent in fighting but has no fans then he will not easily get to the limelight. For the fighters, they admitted that it is the money first before the accolade. One fighter named Dustin Poirier refused one fight that he was offered because he did not agree with the amount of the purse.

In recent years, the rapid integration of sports and leisure has been the key to the continued growth and financial success of the sports business industry. Money Games not only analyzes how industry stakeholders have earned this conversion, but also provides readers with answers to the fundamental question: How can the sports business continue to thrive on sports and business fading? Author David M. Carter covers a wide range of disciplines in television content, video gaming, athlete branding, the Internet, mobile technology, gambling, sports anchored real estate development, venue technology and corporate marketing. There are now opportunities for sports and entertainment to merge.

Money is everything. The club plays for the money, the players play for the money. Since they play for the money, they try to play very well. They can earn more by playing well. When they play well, they will win the trophy. When they play well, and when they win the trophy, entertainment will obviously follow.
Post automatically merged:

Money is everything. The club plays for the money, the players play for the money. Since they play for the money, they try to play very well. They can earn more by playing well. When they play well, they will win the trophy. When they play well, and when they win the trophy, entertainment will obviously follow.
Post automatically merged:

In recent years club no longer focus on entertainment anymore and I think they now focus on the trophy which will bring them a lot of money
Club such as Arsenal haven't won the Epl for a long time, so I don't think such club is willing to be playing for entertainment anymore, they are now fighting to qualify for other top competition that will fetch them higher money

Different clubs as there own mind set and not all of them think of such but as for me If I own a club I will never think of entertainment nor money but all I think of is trophy because I can get money from the trophy my club won and also have many entertainment doing that process also

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back