What's new

Your view about Airdrops requesting for deposits?.

ahmedo24

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 9, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have noticed lots of Airdrops that don't tell members initially that that they will deposit ethereum to claim their rewards until at the point of withdrawal. I am personally scared to donate like $10 ethereum to claim an Airdrop that may never come or worthless. Have you deposited and got the reward?.

I feel the whole

How to Profit from Crypto Airdrops and Avoid Scams Along the Way​

Originally published by Mina Down on August 3rd 201815,111 reads

heart.png
heart.png
heart.png
heart.png

light.png
light.png
light.png
light.png

boat.png
boat.png
boat.png
boat.png

money.png
money.png
money.png
money.png

Author profile picture

@mina.downMina Down​

I am a researcher and writer interested in new technologies that contribute to the social good
LinkedIn social icon Twitter social icon

1*P6yHER2RLyifaXdCGqSsTQ.jpeg

An airdrop involves an organization “dropping” small amounts of free crypto into individual wallets

Airdrops are a central feature of the cryptocurrency space. The first time I participated in one I didn’t even fully understand what it was or the value of the tokens I received. I was new to crypto and had read something on social media about “free ETH”. I followed the link and provided my ETH address. In actuality, no one was giving out free ethereum. A startup was airdropping their new token. The amount they were giving away was going to cost .5 ETH during their upcoming Initial Coin Offering (ICO). I got the tokens but it wasn’t until later I understood I had 1000 ERC20 tokens that could eventually be worth something on an exchange.

Since then, I have participated in hundreds of airdrop campaigns and made thousands of dollars in profit. I want to share my experience navigating the world of airdrops, as well as the scams I saw along the way.

What are Airdrops?​

The concept of an airdrop is simple. It involves a business “dropping” small amounts of free crypto en mass to individual wallets. Benefitting from an airdrop usually involves registering through a google form, a Telegram bot, or directly on a project’s website. Often an airdrop campaign will also offer the chance to get additional tokens for referring others via a unique link. The referral system creates an incentive to share the airdrop with as many people as possible. Many people hear about airdrops through individuals sharing their links on social media.
Post automatically merged:

The concept of an airdrop is simple. It involves a business “dropping” small amounts of free crypto en mass to individual wallets. Benefitting from an airdrop usually involves registering through a google form, a Telegram bot, or directly on a project’s website. Often an airdrop campaign will also offer the chance to get additional tokens for referring others via a unique link. The referral system creates an incentive to share the airdrop with as many people as possible. Many people hear about airdrops through individuals sharing their links on social media.

I have also joined a lot of airdrops especially during erc20 and they will give me they are asking for a deposit because eth's fee is high. even if they give about 2 $ you can not trade before the token. you also can't widraw because of the high fee

I have noticed lots of Airdrops that don't tell members initially that that they will deposit ethereum to claim their rewards until at the point of withdrawal. I am personally scared to donate like $10 ethereum to claim an Airdrop that may never come or worthless. Have you deposited and got the reward?.
I do not really like such airdrop program where you are asking your members for initial coin offering before they could claim their cryptocurrency. it sounds and appears like some kind of scam to be honest, this is more reason I stopped opening my pcash account. they're asking for ICO.

There are a number of ways people can obtain cryptocurrencies and one of them is through airdrops, a type of distribution where creators send free coins to numerous crypto wallet addresses in order to drive adoption. Airdrops have been leveraged for years and token distributors believe that it’s a great way to disburse coins fairly and to raise awareness. New airdrops are announced nearly every month that allow people to obtain free digital tokens.

I would have love it if you dropped the airdrop details , so we can as well check the review and know if its actually real or scam , then we can now at least make judgement on if you should join the airdrop or not i think , because i have seen so many people get scammed for such airdrop you just need to be more careful in your dealing i think
Post automatically merged:

I would have love it if you dropped the airdrop details , so we can as well check the review and know if its actually real or scam , then we can now at least make judgement on if you should join the airdrop or not i think , because i have seen so many people get scammed for such airdrop you just need to be more careful in your dealing i think

Any Airdrop that ask for deposit before withdrawal can't be trusted. I won't even take that risk.

You give people task to perform for an amount of Airdrops and when it's time, you still ask them to deposit before withdrawal.
How does it make sense.

Some airdrops are just coded scams bare, it you engage in them tgey will promise you a lot of coins. When the time comes for them to deliver on there promises, you will begin to see a new terms and condition about you depisiting a particular amount to claim your rewards.

The most important thing you should always note whenever an airdrop asked you to deposit is to check the reputation of the platform. There are a lot of scam sites and projects that now use this strategy as a means of exploiting people and you should take note. Let's take for instance the airdrop binance offered for safepal token recently, one of the tasks was to deposit and hold some amount of SFP before you could get the coins and people that did the task got their free tokens which was around 50 SFP and above.

The most important thing you should always note whenever an airdrop asked you to deposit is to check the reputation of the platform. There are a lot of scam sites and projects that now use this strategy as a means of exploiting people and you should take note. Let's take for instance the airdrop binance offered for safepal token recently, one of the tasks was to deposit and hold some amount of SFP before you could get the coins and people that did the task got their free tokens which was around 50 SFP and above.
You are right as regards reputation, I don't there will be any airdrops coming from Binance, blockchain or coinbase and few other reputable platform that one will reject honestly but most of those telegram channels are bullshit.

I think it is a strategy to scam people of their hard earn money, and I also advice legit companies that want to use that form of airdrop should try and use another form of airdrop because I don't believe in deposit before I should receive free airdrop.

I think it is a strategy to scam people of their hard earn money, and I also advice legit companies that want to use that form of airdrop should try and use another form of airdrop because I don't believe in deposit before I should receive free airdrop.
Honestly the deposit system of Airdroping reward is too risk and they don't demand for small amount , the worst part is that they have people planted to act that they are paid after depositing the said amount, I am more comfortable with Airdrops on Exchange platforms.

Aidrop is supposed to be free. Asking for deposit before you withdraw your airdrop is mostly requested by scammers most real airdrops don't ask for deposit or tokens before you can have access to your airdrops, any websites that asks you to deposit before you will receive your airdrop, you must be very careful before you do it.

Waat! Have you checked their reviews! I thought airdrops is free and gives altcoins free. That's why its called airdrop.
Quote of the day
Stay focused: don't be distracted with worldly activities, it will stray you out of course of destiny: always stay focused

From day one I have never been a part of airdrops. No matter how nice they paint it to appear, I won't participate in it. I see them as fake and scam. An airdrops will come out and before you know it you will not hear from them again after wasting all your time to gather people to the site as referrals. Too bad. That is my take.

Binance will support the QiSwap (QI) Airdrop Program for Qtum (QTUM) holders. The snapshot for the airdrop will take place at the Qtum Network block height of 793,284 or at approximately 2021-02-12 03:00 PM (UTC).
  • QTUM deposits and withdrawals will be suspended starting from 2021-02-12 01:00 PM (UTC). Please note that trading of QTUM will not be affected during the airdrop.
  • Deposits and withdrawals will be reopened after the snapshot is completed.
  • We will take a snapshot of QTUM tokens held by Binance users at the above time, and will distribute QI tokens at a ratio of 1 QTUM =

Those kind of airdrop are outright scam. I once did one with Bitcoin mining on one particular website like that and after reaching the minimum withdrawal they sent me their Bitcoin wallet to fund some Bitcoin with it beofre I will be able to withdraw my mined coin

Please don't pay them any transection or other type of fee, in the last 9 months i have joined more than 30 airdrops and most of the airdrops were scam.
I also pay ethereum fee for getting my tokens but unfortunately i was scammed.

Please don't pay them any transection or other type of fee, in the last 9 months i have joined more than 30 airdrops and most of the airdrops were scam.
I also pay ethereum fee for getting my tokens but unfortunately i was scammed.
That's really sad , I am always skeptical when they ask me to pay for transactions fee when obviously they can deduct from the coin they want to send to me . I have not fall victim of this before.

I feel those Airdrops that always request for deposits are scammers and fraudsters. we should always endeavour to run away from such as Airdrops immediately they starts requesting for deposits because there are chances that they out to scam people of their hard-earned money because I know a genuine airdrop will not request for deposit.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back