What's new

Would you accept to administrate a community running on any script?

Deleted member 403

Some people are picky when it comes to dedicating their time to administrating an online community and take into consideration if they like forum script or not. For example, I know people that dislike certain forum scripts (such as vBulletin or XenForo) and would never accept to administrate communities running on said scripts even if they were offered to them for free.

What about you? If someone offered you to be co-owner on their forum, would you accept it regardless of the forum script on which said community ran on?

I will actually accept to administer a forum running on any script because I can easily adapt to any kind of forum as I am a quick learner and any challenges that the forum will be having as a result of the kind of script that it is using will be sorted out with time.

I would never reject an offer just because I do not like the script used, my acceptance will be related to thing thinks like time I have for the job, skills I have and interest I have.

It sounds funny that some one will reject offers given to them because of script. I respect their opinion though because they are also humans. But I won't reject such an offer on grounds of the script it is been run on

From my little knowledge, you have a chance to create and do good for your self by accepting what comes and then changing it to suit your terms, that is what I would do.

Hehehe honestly i dont even have an idea of these things. Work but if i am being called upon to take such position, i would agree to it as long as i am getting paid or would have some certain benefits. I can learn to adapt to the various scripts the forum make use of

Yes, I'm very picky about what sites I would be a moderator or administrator on because it depends on what software is in use as to how comfortable I would be using it. As a user most softwares are fairly straight forward but some can be quite tricky with moderator privileges. I tend to only moderate on IPB or phpBB forums due to my prior knowledge of them.

Of course I would, there's no harm in that, I don't think I'll have to possess a great deal of coding to run the script; all I'll need to do in my opinion would be to be familiarized with the script.

Yes, any administrator can create an SBA and share it not only with the rest of their organization, but also share it with the ControlUp community. Users are automatically notified when there are additions and updates to either community or organizational SBAs for easier understanding

I think that t all depends on the type of reward that you would get for being an admin because there is a lot of work that would be involved with this as well and therefore it has to be worth your time.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back