What's new

Will Youtube monetization requirements get even harder?

Patrik

Verified Noob :)
5000+ Posts Club
Apr 19, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Before some few years, to have your videos monetization, you were in need of only 10.000 of total views in your youtube channel, and you didn't even have to apply for monetization, which means, monetizing your own content was a piece of cake, till the 1k subscribers and 4k hours of views rule appeared, which is extremely difficult.
Do you think it will get even harder?

I remember when monetization requirement was just 10k views. I never thought I would be trying to make money from youtube, therefore, I did not care much. The current requirement is so tough that most of the people will simply give up.

Before some few years, to have your videos monetization, you were in need of only 10.000 of total views in your youtube channel, and you didn't even have to apply for monetization, which means, monetizing your own content was a piece of cake, till the 1k subscribers and 4k hours of views rule appeared, which is extremely difficult.
I definitely think that thy will increase it even more with time and eventually it will be a very hard thing to achieve that could take months or even a year to reach that point before you can monetize it and in my opinion at this point the number of new YouTube channels will be decreased significantly.

that most of the people will simply give up.
not really, if people really want to know how adsense's money tastes like, they will try many ways, such as, buying already monetized channels or simply buy traffic that's not coming from bots
I definitely think that thy will increase it even more with time and eventually it will be a very hard thing to achieve that could take months or even a year to reach that point before you can monetize it and in my opinion at this point the number of new YouTube channels will be decreased significantly.
then people will try to find another platform

not really, if people really want to know how adsense's money tastes like, they will try many ways, such as, buying already monetized channels or simply buy traffic that's not coming from bots

then people will try to find another platform
Yes this is likely and this will be bad for YouTube in terms for their usage and the revenue. But not only that it will present a very good opportunity for those that are looking to create a video sharing site that can compete with YouTube or even for those video sites that are out there already that are not getting as much attention like Dailymotion. I think that if something like this happens it could really push that these other sites as well.

I don't think the terms and conditions for monetization of YouTube channel will get harder. The terms and conditions have been the same for a couple of years and I doubt it will change. If it does there will be a lot of backlash from you tubers.

There is possibility that the process will becomes harder in the nearest future as some people are abusing the process. It will be good if they are just abusing the process alone, but they are also sharing it on YouTube video in order to gain more subscribers. This makes it possible for Google to detect their cheats and come up with tougher measure.

I think at this point this is enough for YouTube and they won't increase the limit. Their main goal was to stop everyone from creating dozens of channel and monetize their videos almost instantly so they added some small requirements to make sure that channel actually puts some effort into it

Yes, it's very tough to complete youtube requirements, specially the watch time of 4k hours.
But on the other hand, to earn money we have to work harder however what the place its. Try to have the bestest niche that will attracts people more to drive subscribers and watch time.

Those were the good old days when you only need this figure which by the way at that time may seem much, but comparing it now to the current requirement for monetization, it's can only get worse.

Yes of course it is harder because First, to qualify for monetization your channel has to have at least 4,000 hours of watch time within the last year and at least 1,000 subscribers. ... Since YouTube ultimately wants to keep users on the platform for as long as possible, watch time has becomemore and more valuable to creators.

I am disgusted with the monetization of YouTube. My earnings of $100 or $200 a year had stopped because of the required minimum number of subscribers and minimum watch hours. YouTube is like ignoring he small publishers who have no big audience. I hope there would be an alternative of YouTube that will cater to small publishers who cannot muster that minimum requirements of Google for monetization.

When the monetization requirement was just 10k views, I waa trying to monetize my channel. However, I did not give much attention asI was not a video creator. With the current rules, I don't think I can monetize my channel any time soon.

The more viewers ate on YouTube the more it get harder because if the usual rule was still in place, where who they get their profit. And the population of pistols using though this days as increased so I believe more rules will be placed in own favor.

Probably because there's a lot more people trying to make it big in YouTube as the days go by... My friend is having a hard time getting the 4k hours of views despite the raw subscribers he have.. the reason why there's a lot of aspiring youtubers are relying on buying Views to get started.

The current monetization requirement was introduced in order to discourage low quality videos. I think has worked. If you create useful and interesting videos I don't think it is harder to monetize youtube videos.

YouTube is tightening the rules around its partner program and raising the requirements that a channel/creator must meet in order to monetize videos. Effective immediately, to apply for monetization (and have ads attached to videos), creators must have tallied 4,000 hours of overall watch time on their channel within the past 12 months and have at least 1,000 subscribers. YouTube will enforce the new eligibility policy for all existing channels as of February 20th, meaning that channels that fail to meet the threshold will no longer be able to make income from ads.

I as for me I believe YouTube monetization will get harder in the past years it was easy and the price was low but right now the price is high and as years goes by I believe it will get more expensive, because everyone will like to own an account and the more account the monetization

Click on your profile image in the top right-hand corner of the screen, and then click on the YouTube Studio link. This is the new YouTube Creator Studio, and from here, you want to click on monetization from the left-hand navigation panel.

Yes, not even only YouTube monitization, even Blogging platform monitization is now hard to get approved now. The saddest part of all this is that they won't even tell you any reason why your account for both YouTube and Blogging is not approved they will just Tell you to keep trying till you get approved.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back