What's new

Will internet be free someday?

• Thread starter Deleted member 403
  • Start date
Do you think the internet will be free someday? Perhaps it will be considered our human right in a couple of decades?
What I know that can be able to be done about this is that the government will take care of paying the bills of the internet for their citizens and declaring it as their civic right, so the state pays for it.

It's about time the government reviewed their policies by making the internet free and accessible with no hidden charges incurred. Although Opera mini gives a quota of 50mb daily which doesn't amount to any reasonable thing you can access on the net.
Yes. I am enjoying the free 50mb from opera mini too. I feel it is possible for internet to be free at some point.
If the internet providers can devise another means to make their gain.

I hope so. I mean, who would love it apart from the big telecommunications owners. If the internet becomes free, it would put them out of business. Anyway, I don't see the possibility

If internet ever gets free, then I am sure that developed country will be some of the first countries where free internet would be available to people. I think there are a few places where internet is already free. Free internet is already available in many restaurants and coffee shops.

If internet ever gets free, then I am sure that developed country will be some of the first countries where free internet would be available to people. I think there are a few places where internet is already free. Free internet is already available in many restaurants and coffee shops.
Thats the benefit they would enjoy ,I think in terms of many social benefit the developed countries have always been helping ,so it will be very easy for internet to get free

Though it is conceivable in some places, speaking over the internet for free someday is basically unachievable due to the pace at which people will misuse it being larger than the rate at which others will make good use of it.

every country every state have there some rules. Thay also need of budget to run country problem. Also some others company have there sources of incomes only is internet. That why it look impossible to be internet free in someday.
First of all, the internet service providers are private businesses, and the governments do not have control over the internet service. Therefore, the companies making money by selling the internet will never allow this to happen. Secondly, the internet service business has an operational costs.

Because so many things are done online everyday, people conduct conferences there, sell their goods there, and so on—the internet will only become more useful in the future. I don't see any reason why it will ever be free.

No. It is not something needing to survive. You can get basic internet for $30, in some areas even less than that. If these companies stopped charging people and just gave everyone free internet, it would cause a price influx elsewhere. You would have to pay or rent a modem for example.

The internet can never be free till the end of the time because people do many thing on the internet on daily basis , you can communicate with your friends and family near and far away , advertise your business, read news , watch movies and so on .

no, i can never be free, that is why you need to make good use of your time online to make money for yourself instead of being a troll or just having fun with nothing in return

Do you think the internet will be free someday? Perhaps it will be considered our human right in a couple of decades?
Even though there is no assurance that the Internet will ever be totally free, there are projects designed to make it cheaper and widely available. For instance, there are programs to offer free public Wi-Fi in specific locations.

Demand drives the price of a commodity and from my experience so far, the internet would be more expensive as the years go by because the demand for it would increase as every industry is moving towards the internet and digitization.

no, i can never be free, that is why you need to make good use of your time online to make money for yourself instead of being a troll or just having fun with nothing in return

I think that running the internet has its own cost and this means that it would be quite hard for the government or private organisations to offer internet for free.

The telecommunication companies in my country is never going to accept for internet to be made free of charge for everybody to use because they are going to be completely eliminated from business where they are making billions of dollars from the people without even giving them a standard service that is worth the money they are paying for it.

I've been praying for this to happen for years but deep down in my heart, I know it's never going to happen. This is a big business for companies into selling of the services. The government is paid high taxes from them, they will never give the money up to make their services free.

No. It is not something needing to survive. You can get basic internet for $30, in some areas even less than that. If these companies stopped charging people and just gave everyone free internet, it would cause a price influx elsewhere. You would have to pay or rent a modem for example.

Yeah, that's very correct. There is no way those companies that are rendering the services of providing internet connection for people to make use of would be able to sustain and survive in their business, this is the reason why they need to constantly charge for their services.

The good thing is that some of their packages are not that very expensive. So, it depends on what someone wants to make use of.

Well, it would be awesome if the food was as available as the internet. :sneaky: In fact, I heard a joke about Black Friday on social media where someone wanted groceries to be on Black Friday, not big screen TVs. Anyway, no doubt, the internet is free to a big amount in the US. In fact, it's free at the library and some hot spots, and for people buying the internet, it's often not that much.

For me today it is difficult to think that the internet can be free in the society we live in where we pay for almost all services directly or indirectly (public or private) maybe in the future it will be possible, but I don't see it in the near future.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back