What's new

Which is worse: grand or petty corruption?

Petty corruption is worse because it has got the potential to escalate into something big in the future. This is due to the fact that they don't get noticed on time at all .

Both are very bad. Petty corruption gives or gives to grand corruption. When someone or group in engaging in Petty corruption with being punished will mature to grand corruption.
This is the fact. Anyone who's guilty ought to be dealt with. No pardon should be given at all. Those who are guilty would definitely go ahead to repeat it somewhere else.

I think that the gramd corruption would be worse because the gravity of such offence will be greater than then the two corruption that was highlighted above. None of the type of corruption is good.

Corruption is something that should be discouraged no matter how it is being practiced. The people in government are always supposed to lead by example for others to follow.

As you have explained in your thread, the answer is not a far fetched . It is the grand corruption that has more gravity than the petty corruption and should be treated as one.

Which is worse: grand corruption or petty corruption? Or both?

This could be locally, regionally, or nationally. What do you think?
Both forms of corruption are bad and should be condemned in very strong terms. However, grand corruption carries far more greater effect and it seems to be the worst.

I don't support any kind of corruption because it does not promote equality and justice in the society. Whether grand corruption or petty corruption, they are very bad. it is sad that corruption exist in the world in which we live where by people use their money to maneuver situations.

in my opinion, Both are bad. Grand scale corruption takes money meant for communities. Petty corruption leads to people losing confidence in the system.

in my opinion, Both are bad. Grand scale corruption takes money meant for communities. Petty corruption leads to people losing confidence in the system.
It is true that we cannot pick one as being good or better. Both petty and grand corruption are corrupt practices that most be condemned outrightly in the community because corruption is a big problem of the economy.

I am going to say that avoiding petty corruption is the best because you are going to be preventing a drive from the grassroot-level before it starts to escalate and affect a lot of people.

There is no level of corruption which is to be acceptable, so I won't agree to count one better or worse than the other as all affect people just that the former affect large number while the latter affect a few tho.

Corruption in general is something that should be kicked against and in every opportunity if you would be discouraged two people especially children who are just going up in school.

None of the petty corruption and grand corruption is good but the grand corruption is worse because the gravity of the offence committed in this type of corruption is way higher.

To me i sees corruption as corruption and nothing like pretty or grand corruption. As far anything you are doing is not according to the rules guiding that particular place or organization is corruption.

To me, all will always remain corruption since at the back of its corruption is attach to it so they are all the same as I am concern but one is more punishable than the other in my country I guess so think wisely before you get yourself into any of it.
Probably, every kind of corruption is not advisable because it can bring bad reputation to a business and an individual. Business ventures must try as much as possible to stop all kinds of corruption.

To me i sees corruption as corruption and nothing like pretty or grand corruption. As far anything you are doing is not according to the rules guiding that particular place or organization is corruption.
I understand your point. However, there are different levels of corrupt practices and I believe the punishments should be proportional and relative to the corrupt act in question.

Which is worse: grand corruption or petty corruption? Or both?

This could be locally, regionally, or nationally. What do you think?
I think corruption starts on a small scale then grows to become a widespread malaise. Once certain practices are adopted and condoned, the spread becomes bigger till there's no way to curb the larger effect.
Corruption on a petty level must be stopped quickly before it's too late

I understand your point. However, there are different levels of corrupt practices and I believe the punishments should be proportional and relative to the corrupt act in question.
Yes, but most of the corruption cases are going on in my country are mostly on political aspects, then followed by educational sector before the economical sectors that is why when a product increases, it never drops.

I think that the question asked as been answered by the topic of the thread because a grand corruption is more severe than the petty corruption and as such, it will attract a very heavy penalty and that makes it worse than the petty corruption.
Both are corrupt practices, but the gravity of one is greater than the other . The degree of offence committed in the petty corruption is not as high as one that is committed in the Grand corruption and both have penalties under the law.

Last edited:
I think that the question asked as been answered by the topic of the thread because a grand corruption is more severe than the petty corruption and as such, it will attract a very heavy penalty and that makes it worse than the petty corruption.
Both are corrupt practices, but the gravity of one is greater than the other . The degree of offence committed in the petty corruption is not as high as one that is committed in the Grand corruption and both have penalties under the law.
Both are corruption it shouldn't be practice no matter the punishment it will attract. , I don't know but everyone should be looking forward to have a corrupt free society.. unfortunately corruption is becoming a normal thing in most African countries.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back