Which is the best free forum software

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$3.0000USD
Biznotes
There are a lot of open-source forum scripts that can be used absolutely free to create forums and communities. For instance, MyBB, PhpBB, SMF, etc. I have tried a handful of these free forum software and I think all of this forum software are great. If you have experience with free forum software in your opinion, which one is the bets forum software?

Some people prefer MyBB while others PhpBB I have heard that the same theme or template has a little change in PHPBB 2 or PHPBB3 or MyBB or Invision or these different free software of forums.

At the moment, it seems to be phpBB. The reason is solely because it has mobile compatibility starting with the default theme. I don't understand why MyBB hasn't made this move in its newer versions.

Flarum. You are not going to find a more modern free forum software. This is why I like it and if I ever went the free route, I would go with this one.

It is very user-friendly and easy to set up as well. Plus, it looks clean and organized, not outdated in the least bit.

download.png

Flarum. You are not going to find a more modern free forum software. This is why I like it and if I ever went the free route, I would go with this one.

It is very user-friendly and easy to set up as well. Plus, it looks clean and organized, not outdated in the least bit.

View attachment 55
I'm curious about this and also WoltLab (Burning Board). Maybe I will try them soon. Anyway, there is so much other software besides the top ones.

MyBB for me easily. I don't think any other free forum software comes close to it for a multitude of reasons. The selection of themes and plugins (both free and premium) is outstanding. And the fact the community is so large means there is a lot of support available if you encounter any issues.

This has been asked a lot but I will probably say the best forum software would have to be vbulletin and invision for paid but not paid probably myBB.

Paid software for a website is so good to have since your investing so much in the site itself.

The software phpBB is very advanced now. Everything about it seems top-notch. It's a threat to paid platforms. Well, does anyone see problems with it?

The software phpBB is very advanced now. Everything about it seems top-notch. It's a threat to paid platforms. Well, does anyone see problems with it?
I have a site with phpBB. I like it but the only problem I have with this software is it can be difficult for someone with limited knowledge. It is comparatively harder to use

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back