What's new

What are the main factors that cause PayPal accounts to be restricted?

There can be several reasons for an account limitation: An unauthorized person may be using your account. If PayPal believes someone is using your account without your knowledge, the account could be limited to protect you from fraudulent charges while PayPal investigates the suspicious transactions

There can be several reasons for an account limitation: An unauthorized person may be using your account. If PayPal believes someone is using your account without your knowledge, the account could be limited to protect you from fraudulent charges while PayPal investigates the suspicious transactions
This is acceptable but for most of their account holds and suspension policies, they also need to consider the need of account holders to make available their funds immediately. I still really find it too harsh for them to hold a payment for more than 60 days.

My problem with PayPal is that it's always wishy-washy and not specific enough. I've had my account restricted a couple of times but the reason cited is always the genericky "suspicious activity". It always leaves me baffled because I can tell you now, PayPal accounts don't come any more kosher than mine is. Maybe if they were more open we could find definitive, long-term solutions.

All I do in that account is receive and transfer my money to my bank account. I rarely send anyone money and if I do, it's my husband. AND I never move any large amounts of money to raise alarm bells. The most I've ever had in it at any one time is $500.

PayPal is restricted in my country. I can only use the personal PayPal account instead of a business account. This restriction came with some difficulties as I could send money but couldn't use my account to receive money.

paypal is a very good and common method of payment but it is known for its irrelevant bugs. The things that can make a PayPal account not to work and be restricted is wrong information provided and if your nationality is restricted for example in Nigeria you can't send and receive payments

I do know that one of the things that makes PayPal to restrict some accounts is when they send payment to or receive payment from unverified accounts. Again, accepting a large volume of cash into a PayPal account and withdrawing the same within a short while could lead to restrictions, as there are fears that such accounts may be used to launder funds.

One of the major reason why PayPal restrict members account even with fund inside is using different ip address to login to your account. If PayPal notice different ip address opening your account, they will restrict your account. Another factor is if you move your funds immediately out of PayPal immediately you receive it, they can restrict the account thinking the funds is Illegal.

Every bannable reason is stated on their website, some reasons aren't stated for users safety, but remember that as long as you are following the rules and being legit, there is nothing to worry about in the long term

Paypal are mostly restricted for certain unreal reason I cannot tell exactly why. Developed countries are the ones at advantage of using PayPal payment account smoothly without any high charges or interferences.

While those in the developing countries are suffering the limitations. Mostly because of certain transaction in such region are not straight forward and consider illegal according to PayPal authority.

I feel PayPal authority should check their system and lighten up their terms and conditions to allow more country to experience the joy of PayPal.

Paypal has strict rules and regulations which they also follow strictly , once one breaks any of this rules , the person is liable of getting his or her account limited. Prior to their acceptance of cryptocurrency trading , they are very fast to limit account that deals with cryptocurrency exchange

Sorry i don't have paypal service in my country so i don't know too much about paypal. but i hope paypal will operate in pakistan in future

There are a lot of things that can cause PayPal account to be restricted on a particular location or country example of such thing are high criminal rate, a situation in which there are a lot of online scammers scamming people and converting scam money to PayPal account or bitcoins and widraw to their currency in this case to prevent further transaction by the scammer then paypal account must be restricted from that particular location or country

Paypal is a very good payment tool because the transaction is fast and can also be used in various countries but why have I recently seen in my own country that some of their accounts are limited and can only be opened within 180 days, approximately guess What causes their account to be like that, do they use multiple accounts on one device or have they ever made unfair transactions?
This is a first for me, I mean this is the first time I have heard of a PayPal account been blocked or am I the one failing to comprehend the question, If I am then can you help me explain or provide an example of what a suspicious transaction is because i dont understand what a suspicious transaction is.

Paypal is a site which is working since 1998, this is the platforum where we can easily transfer money to another account and this is one of the fast service so i don't have an idea about paypal account restricted because they plays the best role and works faster than all others,but i have heard that this service is not working in most of the countries due to some personal issues.

PayPal is good to be using. But I too also experience such limitation of transaction, And I been think that it was only me that they are doing that for, but I can see that not only me. Though i think what they are doing is right because of fraud.

The country you live in, PayPal features might be limited there.
And if you haven't confirmed your account by providing details like national ID card or any other means of identification.
And also if they sense fraud/scam is about to take place on your account. They may limit features
Post automatically merged:

And if you haven't confirmed your account by providing details like national ID card or any other means of identification.
And also if they sense fraud/scam is about to take place on your account. They may limit features
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Sometimes new PayPal accounts get restricted when you receive payment and then make a withdrawal in same time you received the money. This makes everything looks suspicious and would lead to the account being restricted. They also restrict account of some countries that are known for fraudulent activities.

Sometimes I feel Paypal really takes the Michael and instead of restricting account holders, it could do well to run some verification tests, conduct investigations that the person is made aware of and ask very specific questions. This would be a lot quicker and more courteous. I've heard of accounts being restricted for up to six months and that to me is just too much.

PayPal is very good payment because the transaction is very fast, and it can also be use any various countries, PayPal will only restrict an account, if there are too many that is trying to reverse their transaction.

These are the main reason why PayPal account are restricted,
When an unauthorized person is suspected to be using your account without your knowledge or permission, they may restrict the account until further investigation is taken. When the account is out of compliance with regularity requirements, they account might also be restricted

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back