What's new

What are the main factors that cause PayPal accounts to be restricted?

My country of Botswana is not banned and can still use PayPal. I believe PayPal's decision to ban certain countries stems largely from crime and money laundering activities and to be fair, my country's level of crime is among the lowest in the world. But having said that, my PayPal account is UK-based, thank God.
that's good sound because you can use Paypal, did you verify it?

Paypal is a very good payment tool because the transaction is fast and can also be used in various countries but why have I recently seen in my own country that some of their accounts are limited and can only be opened within 180 days, approximately guess What causes their account to be like that, do they use multiple accounts on one device or have they ever made unfair transactions?
In each and every country where PayPal is operative, they have to work within the rules and regulations imposed by that country's central bank. For instance for India, it is Reserve Bank of India. That may be the reason.

Maybe in each country there are limitations because of renewal from time to time. If you have registered for a long time there may not be any restrictions.

that's good sound because you can use Paypal, did you verify it?

I've had and used my PayPal account for years and years. My PayPal account is a UK-based account that I got when I was living in the UK. And yes, it's verified, that's why I've been able to use it all these years. As I understand it, you can't use the account until it's verified.

I've had and used my PayPal account for years and years. My PayPal account is a UK-based account that I got when I was living in the UK. And yes, it's verified, that's why I've been able to use it all these years. As I understand it, you can't use the account until it's verified.
ah that's great, many African guys suffered to verify it because they don't have credits cards.

ah that's great, many African guys suffered to verify it because they don't have credits cards.

Yeah, I was very lucky to have secured mine in the UK because when I'd newly arrived back from the UK, many banks were only just becoming familiar with PayPal. I tried to introduce a friend to PayPal but when she enquired with her bank and she was told to get a credit card to link it to her account, she flat out refused. Credit cards are not popular here.

BTW my account is verified against a UK debit card, not a credit card.

Maybe in each country there are limitations because of renewal from time to time. If you have registered for a long time there may not be any restrictions.
did you mean they used multiple accounts?

Paypal is a very good payment tool because the transaction is fast and can also be used in various countries but why have I recently seen in my own country that some of their accounts are limited and can only be opened within 180 days, approximately guess What causes their account to be like that, do they use multiple accounts on one device or have they ever made unfair transactions?
Most accounts limited by PayPal are as a result of suspicious activities. Paypal only limits accounts that may have violated their terms, sometimes could be an account opened using a VPN or in a restricted region

Why is the PayPal account limited, Because PayPal always monitors all user transaction activities, if Paypal gets a suspicious transaction, then the account restrictions will appear immediately, Settlement, you must be able to prove that the Paypal account is really yours, also you must be able to prove where to get it money, as this is PayPal's normal protocol for reverifying an account.

I know that for example if your paypal account has several hundreds of $ on it and it is used somewhere that is not related to your location or your IPs it might get restricted believing that it is not you who use it.

I know some people who got their PayPal accounts restricted and was not able to use their money inside.. i think it's because they haven't submitted their real datas so when paypal starts to detect something unusual they can't fix it anymore

I do feel sometimes PayPal can be too security conscious. While I do like that it's stringent, sometimes I feel like it goes overboard and inconveniences account holders. Worse still, it becomes a nightmare when you try to contact them. Anyone who's struggling to contact PayPal, always go on the site and look for the chat service. I've found it's the fastest way of getting assistance.

Froudlent activities that are being papetriated through PayPal accounts is the main reason why some countries are restricted from using PayPal account. It's not about multiple accounts ok?

Here are some of the factors that may cause some restrictions to be placed on your account: Your account has not been properly verified or
There are several possible reasons for account limitations: An unauthorized person may use your account. If PayPal believes that someone is using your account without your knowledge, the account may be restricted to protect you from fraud charges while PayPal investigates suspicious transactions. The verified email for your account is typed in

Well, as far as I know, PayPal accounts are only restricted when there are transactions susceptible to fraud or suspicious, for example: the repeated reversal of operations, or when the account in question has not been able to be

Restrictions of Paypal account here in Nigeria according to my findings is sorely caused by different factors, among them are; having a suspicion of using the account for fraudulent act, frequently receiving money on the account without tangible definition, using of foreign data to activate the account, not sure about the true identity of the App user and using an invalid details to open the account. I believe this impetus will be useful for the members in this forum who seek for information on causes of PayPal restrictions.

You can never be too careful with PayPal. Even when you follow and abide by all their rules, you may still end up losing your account. But I think verification of accounts is very important especially if you deal with big funds, logging in on multiple phones may cause an account to be flagged too.

PayPal accounts get restricted for so many reasons, one of which is using a PayPal of another country because your own country is banned from receiving payment. When the authority discovers this, they would restrict your account immediately.

I've been using PayPal for many years and until last year, you could not say a single word against it without me jumping to its defence. Last year, PayPal suspended my account and to this day, I don't know for sure what the issue was. I gave them a tongue lashing until they eventually unsuspended it. This week, it's happened again - again no explanation.

I must explain I haven't used my account for a while now, so I honestly don't know what suspicious activity could have been taking place when it's been lying virtually dormant. What I don't like about PayPal is the fact that sometimes they don't tell you definitively what is supposed to have happened. And then trying to seek assistance from them is a mammoth task. I don't think suspending an account for 180 days is the answer, it's actually ridiculous.

I've had it with PayPal and quite frankly, if all the online sites I'm a member of didn't require it, I'd start looking for alternatives, of which there are countless. I've even discovered some payment processors have a much more favourable rate! PayPal has become so overrated it's unreal!
This is so very true. Why hold funds for 180 days without very specific details for the hold? I just wish that there would be another payment processor who would challenge Paypal coz it seems they're taking advantage of it. Without any concrete competition, they will stick to their stupid ideas of handling people's money.

This is so very true. Why hold funds for 180 days without very specific details for the hold? I just wish that there would be another payment processor who would challenge Paypal coz it seems they're taking advantage of it. Without any concrete competition, they will stick to their stupid ideas of handling people's money.
That's my exact sentiment! I know in recent years we've had a few promising payment processors come up but in my opinion, we really need one that can proper rival PayPal. I don't feel Paypal feels in any way, shape or form threatened by any of its competitors. And we all know what happens when providers take that stance - they rest on their laurels and start taking their customers for granted just as PayPal is doing right now.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back