What's new

What are the disadvantages of using voice search plugins?

Good-Person

VIP Member
VIP Member
40,000 Post Club
Feb 6, 2021
USD
$1.9200USD
Biznotes
Voice search optimisation is a new concept. It helps people to search for anything using your website. Many people think that using voice search is an extra feature on a website. However, what many people do not realise is the fact that there may be many disadvantages of using voice search feature. So, what are those disadvantages?

I have never used voice search plugins in all my years of being into forum management. I don't think that it's very much needed in forum management and I don't know if most webmasters make use of it. I haven't see the voice feature in any forum that I have been using recently, so I'm not even sure what its disadvantages would be like.

These days most mobile devices and even PC web browsers will have options for text voice searches. I don't see a need to put the option on your own site, as if someone were to use a mobile device like a smartphone on their site, the device itself can utilize its own voice to search function, defeating the purpose of needing one on your site.

The voice search concept could misspell words and this is a common problem as you know there could be some external noise that could disturb whole searching operation or misunderstand the sound so doesn't seem to be ideal solution.

Voice to text doesn't seem to really be a viable option for writing forum posts. All cases I've seen so far contained misspellings and struggled with being understandable. Writing needs to be curated and crafted in sentences and paragraphs, which is kind of hard to do with your voice. Some people probably can do it, but it's a skill that needs to be learned, and most aren't willing to learn it for just posting online.

The voice search concept could misspell words and this is a common problem as you know there could be some external noise that could disturb whole searching operation or misunderstand the sound so doesn't seem to be ideal solution.

Even without having some external noise that can disturb whole searching operation on a website, the way that you pronounce words will misspell words. This will defeat the whole purpose. Even for ordinary typing, I find using voice typing very difficult.

I've never seen where voice search plugin is used in either forums or blogs. I've not it on my forum because I don't recognise how it's going to work for my ranking on Google. This is why other website owners haven't been using it.

Voice to text doesn't seem to really be a viable option for writing forum posts. All cases I've seen so far contained misspellings and struggled with being understandable. Writing needs to be curated and crafted in sentences and paragraphs, which is kind of hard to do with your voice. Some people probably can do it, but it's a skill that needs to be learned, and most aren't willing to learn it for just posting online.

Some people usually make use of the excuse that English isn't their first language but when you see someone who's making a very good effort in writing contents that are less ridden with grammatical errors, it's going to be very obvious. With the use of voice to text feature for writing, it's never going to work out in forum posting or even writing anything decent online.

Yes, there are some disadvantages to using voice search plugins, including privacy concerns if the data is misused.

So in order to avoid the disadvantages, it's important to use voice search plugins from well-reputed providers. Also, stay informed about privacy settings and data handling policies.

It's also advisable to be cautious about sharing sensitive or personal information through voice commands.

Making use of voice search is most likely going to be less efficient than typing a search inquiries, especially when you're looking at making a far more longer or more complex inquires. This is one of reasons why making use of voice search plugin is looked down on because of its inherent flaws and inefficiency.

I have never used voice search plugins on my forums and I don't even know if voice search plugins are available for the software I use for my forums. I have also never come across voice search features on any forums I have used. Therefore, I do not know how this actually works.

I have never used voice search plugins on my forums and I don't even know if voice search plugins are available for the software I use for my forums. I have also never come across voice search features on any forums I have used. Therefore, I do not know how this actually works.

I've seen where people use voice chat feature in their smartphone keyboard to type and the kind of errors it generates. Using the same feature as a plugin in forum will be a disaster. It can never give a flawless result.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back