Paid Poster Using AI

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$1.0000USD
Biznotes
Do you hire paid poster on your forum? Has a paid poster used Generative AI to create forum posts? Well, recently, I found that one of the paid posters had used ChatGPT to create forum topics. I found this by asking the topic question to ChatGPT, the generated content was more than 90 percent identical to the posts created by this user.

Last edited:
I think it's fine to utilize AI to help you come up with topic ideas, like the title, but when you use AI to create the actual content of the post, that's going a bit too far. I'd ban that user if they are also using the AI to write the actual post. But if it's just the title, I don't see an issue with that since I've asked these chat services for topic ideas in the past and have used suggestions. But I always make the topic mine by writing in my perspective. As long as you do that, it should be fine.

Using AI to generate content will likely lead to nothing less than forum spamming. Users of such will likely flood the forum with uninteresting and repetitive postings.

Using AI to generate content will likely lead to nothing less than forum spamming. Users of such will likely flood the forum with uninteresting and repetitive postings.
It would be easy to catch too, considering AI is kind of easy to sometimes spot. But the problem with these AIs is that they continue to learn and get better. Soon enough we'll see AIs that act like humans, and respond in a human way. I'm sure something like that is already happening.

It's going to be interesting in the future, because I think there will be a lot of people using AI to create posts, especially in the near future with how fast AI is advancing. It's kind of scary.

It would be easy to catch too, considering AI is kind of easy to sometimes spot. But the problem with these AIs is that they continue to learn and get better. Soon enough we'll see AIs that act like humans, and respond in a human way. I'm sure something like that is already happening.

It's going to be interesting in the future, because I think there will be a lot of people using AI to create posts, especially in the near future with how fast AI is advancing. It's kind of scary.
That is quite true the pace AI are taking is surprising. I once read a story with full thought of it being a true life, only to realize it is the hand work of an AI.

Sora by openai platform can create a stunning high quality video that is far beyond my expectations. Couldn't spot any flaw to be AI generated.

I think it's fine to utilize AI to help you come up with topic ideas, like the title, but when you use AI to create the actual content of the post, that's going a bit too far. I'd ban that user if they are also using the AI to write the actual post. But if it's just the title, I don't see an issue with that since I've asked these chat services for topic ideas in the past and have used suggestions. But I always make the topic mine by writing in my perspective. As long as you do that, it should be fine.
Forums thrive only when humans interact, when users posts generated by AI, there will be no human interaction. If there are no real conversations, there is no point of running a community. However, I also believe using AI to get content idea can be good.

Things need to have a personal angle. AI seems to not be good at that. Well, to show people that I wrote something, not AI, maybe I would include some personal story that AI would have a tough time coming up with.

Actually, you can even generate personal story using an AI, for instance, you can include "write in first person view" "refer to experience of some individuals" etc. in the prompt and generate personal point of view using AI

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back