What's new

Were you forced to change a name or logo due to similarities with another brand?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever been forced to change your site or businesses name or logo due to being too similar to another brand or company? I never had the issue myself, but I know a lot of people are forced to change a name or logo because of similarities. Have you ever had to deal with that?

One of my friends had actually used the slogan of a famous juice shop as the name of his business. Once the other juice shop owner came to know of it, their lawyers sent a notice and my friend had to withdraw his trademark application.

Well, this has not happened to me. I have never copied someone's logo and trademark knowingly and I have never received complains about infringing trade marks and logos.

Personally, I wouldn't have to wait for me to be forced to change the business name or logo of my business when there is a very close similarity with another business. This is because I need to have my own business to be unique so that my customers will not get confused and go and patronize my competitor.

When I first went for my business registration, to be on the safe side I have to provide about three different names for checking just in case someone else has used one of the names so that no one call me for change anything..

Have you ever been forced to change your site or businesses name or logo due to being too similar to another brand or company? I never had the issue myself, but I know a lot of people are forced to change a name or logo because of similarities. Have you ever had to deal with that?

I have heard and read a lot about a business changing the name because the name resembled the other company or it was just too similar. However, I think that it depends on where your business is located. If you business is located in a different country, then things could be different.

Luckily, I have not had a situation where I was forced to do so. I have had logos in the past that doesn't even relate to having to change their design because of a rival business. Maybe, it is because I cherish uniqueness and try to set out some of those things when I am planning of what to setup in my business.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back