Using your real identity

Kaynil

Up-and-Coming Sensation
100 Posts Club
Nov 23, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I've noticed that sometimes people use their real identities. They have their real names as usernames and their pictures of avatars. This was a practice that used to be frown upon so badly a decade ago, but with the rise of social networks and the internet becoming available to almost everybody, it has become less of a taboo.

How do feel about it? How far are you willing to go about reveal your real identity in a community?
Would you use your name as your username? Your picture as your avatar? Where do you draw the line?

I am willing to reveal my identity provided the site is save and have no scam traces. What is worth doing is worth doing well

I've noticed that sometimes people use their real identities. They have their real names as usernames and their pictures of avatars. This was a practice that used to be frown upon so badly a decade ago, but with the rise of social networks and the internet becoming available to almost everybody, it has become less of a taboo.

How do feel about it? How far are you willing to go about reveal your real identity in a community?
Would you use your name as your username? Your picture as your avatar? Where do you draw the line?
This is one thing that i do not do because i feel that there are lot of security concerns when it comes to doing this and therefore i think that it can pose a major risk to you.

It depends upon the site. If the site is professional and helps you to gain knowledge interacting with like-minded people, then won't mind using my true name and avatar. For the Sites where I participate for fun, would use nicknames and made-up avatars.

Using your total real name on forums seems kind of dorky to me. However, the first name is O.K. Also, I don't mind people's real pictures if that floats their boat. However, secrecy has a cool thing to it.

Using your total real name on forums seems kind of dorky to me. However, the first name is O.K. Also, I don't mind people's real pictures if that floats their boat. However, secrecy has a cool thing to it.
There's a lot of people that do use their real name on these forums and from my personal point of view i think that even a first name can be enough for people to find out information on you.

I prefer anonymity online. Unless it's a social networking site where you can limit people who see your posts or personal details (Twitter, etc.). I don't feel safe and comfortable revealing my true identity, especially when the people I interact with are total strangers. You never know who to trust online.

I prefer anonymity online. Unless it's a social networking site where you can limit people who see your posts or personal details (Twitter, etc.). I don't feel safe and comfortable revealing my true identity, especially when the people I interact with are total strangers. You never know who to trust online.
there is a lot of people that tend to feel this way and i do agree with you as well because at the moment there is a lot of concern with many people when it ocmes to online security.

When I started working online, I started by using my real name and identity. I still have accounts on multiple sites, where I have used my real identity. However, later I started using various name because o privacy concerns and after I had issues on with multiple websites and individuals. These days, I am using the same screen name on multiple platforms.

It's part of growing your image and reputation. If you want to promote yourself, it's usually the best way to do it. I think most people in business reveal their real names, because it makes sense to do it. If it's not a major job, or whatever, maybe then they can lie about who they are, and keep their name a secret.

I've never used my real identity on forums and I don't plan on doing it. Forums doesn't demand for your real identity to be used and I don't plan on over playing it. I have a few of my real pictures on my Facebook, Instagram and TikTok accounts.

I've never used my real identity on forums and I don't plan on doing it. Forums doesn't demand for your real identity to be used and I don't plan on over playing it. I have a few of my real pictures on my Facebook, Instagram and TikTok accounts.

I think that it is not just about using your name on the forums as you may use any kind of username when it comes to using forums and other online platforms. However, when you start or run a real business, you may need to use your real name as you have to use it in order to get your business registered.

I think that it is not just about using your name on the forums as you may use any kind of username when it comes to using forums and other online platforms. However, when you start or run a real business, you may need to use your real name as you have to use it in order to get your business registered.

A real business which you are to start offline is what you meant I suppose and by that, it's nothing like using a forum. Forums can be used for different purposes but it cannot be like what's required to manage an offline business. You need to register an offline business. There are many original documents of yours which will be required to carry that out.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back