What's new

Tracking your personal/household budget

Do you track your monthly or weekly household budget? If you do, care to give an example of what you do to make sure you do not over spend?
Yes, weekly though.
I designate a specific sum of money which I get to spend for a week and ensure to manage it.
With that, I don't get to overspend.

Do you track your monthly or weekly household budget? If you do, care to give an example of what you do to make sure you do not over spend?
I try as much as possible to remove the amount of money I will be needing for a day.
I also make sure I do not withdraw and keep too much cash at hand.
This helps me curb over spending and helps me watch my budget.

There was a time I tracked all my house hold budget right from the provisions, the clothes and food stuffs I bought, it has helped me a lot in order not to over spend and up to now am still enjoying it.

Yes, I usually track my personal budget to make sure that I don't overspend. This is by setting goals on how much I make and how much I should spend. I also make sure that I have a list of the main things that I need so that I only buy those and never buy anything impulsively.

Yes, I usually track my personal budget to make sure that I don't overspend. This is by setting goals on how much I make and how much I should spend. I also make sure that I have a list of the main things that I need so that I only buy those and never buy anything impulsively.
A budget is very important in order to maintain financial discipline. Without proper planning on how to spend money, you might be caught up in impulsive buying and reckless spending.

I don't really track mine, though I try to set a limit as to what I can spend per day. I look at what I have at hand at the moment and calculate when next I would get something, then I try to manage myself till something else comes my way.

?

Your needs — about 50% of your after-tax income — should include:
  • Groceries.
  • Housing.
  • Basic utilities.
  • Transportation.
  • Insurance.
  • Minimum loan payments. Anything beyond the minimum goes into the savings and debt repayment category.
  • Child care or other expenses you need so you can work.

I maintain my personal financial records. I write my income and I write my expenses. By the end of month, I made a total of my income and expenses. If my expenses seem little higher, the next month I will cut some of my expenses.

I don't really track that because I try to set what I'm going to spend and make a well budgets about it considered what is at hand before some else comes to my way.
When it comes to budgeting a lot of people don't always have it there is which is why some contract special assistants who help them to handle their budgets so that they will not be getting into too much expenses.

Never track my monthly or weekly household budget once but trying to do it, it is kind of chart u drawn to be well planned
Some people have the challenge of not being able to plan their budgeting well which is why saving and expenses is a very big issue for them as they always run out of money when they are supposed to still have money.

Tracking ones budget would go a long way in helping save money for the future, at the moment I'm not tracking my spending and I can feel the effect too so it's definitely I'd like to work on in the future

Once the money comes we normally have the things we plan to spend our money on,and that takes top of our budget,which include,feeding expenses,groceries purchase,consumables,and some missileneous among others.
Planning and but budgeting is something that is very important when you want to come to your senses very well because it is going to show you the best way to use your money to avoid wasting it.

Yes I track my personal budget monthly so I do not over spend. I make list of things I need every month and how much I budget to spend for that month. Then by the end of the month, I go back to my budget to calculate how much I spent the full month
That is actually why a lot of people track their own budgets as well because there are so many expenses that are associated with someone's home spending which if you're not careful they are going to create a lot of financial losses for you.

I've never tracked my expenditures. I however avoid spending on unnecessary things, and this one thing has helped keep things in check for me.

However, when I have a fixed income, I always budget before I start spending out of it.

In order not to over spend, one have to know the difference between want and need in his budget, a need always come before want so when you always pick your need before your want, you will not over spend.

I don't really track that because I try to set what I'm going to spend and make a well budgets about it considered what is at hand before some else comes to my way.
If you have already made the budget and why you need to spend on your household I believe that you have already made the job less stressful for you when it comes to tracking what you need to spend.

As long as you are able to keep tabs on what you are spending, that it is going to be very easy for you to know when you are going out of your way trying to spend on things that are not necessary.

As a student, i track my weekly budget so as not to over spend. I usually bring out a particular amount of money each week and i try to limit my spending so i won't spend more than the money i've brought out for that week.

I don't track that but trying to set on how to spend, as a business person you should know how you should spend never to spend much, you should know how much you can spend daily.

I am somebody who tends to get lost whenever I am spending money so I prefer to keep a record of every single thing that I am buying.
I believe that there is some application that will help you to do this very well instead of doing it in a manual way with sometimes you can lose the documentation and you will start all over again.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back