The victims of the Ledger Wallet hack are now facing blackmail

BrolySSJ

The Legendary Super Saiyan
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 23, 2020
USD
$-0.1000USD
Biznotes
Last year in June 2020 there was a hack on the Ledger hardware wallet where a lot of user data was unfortunately compromised. However, this is not the end of the leak. Having believed the leak to be contained, as it was not heard from over the course of the last six months, it seems that the hackers are now blackmailing the victims and demanding 10 EETH or 0.3 Bitcoins or else the information will be shared with local thieves.

There is over 20 thousand users whose information was hacked during this time. The company though has offered a bounty of 10 BTC for those that can find these scammers, and will likely present them for legal action when found.

This is really something that can't be ignore, we are in the age of crypto now, they should upgrade the level of security and encryption methods they're using.

This is really a devastating moment for the victims who are involved in this mess due to the negligent of the platform they trusted with their platform. If as an investor or anything you might be if you want to input your data on any platform you need to make sure that you check the security status of the platform before doing that.

This is really a devastating moment for the victims who are involved in this mess due to the negligent of the platform they trusted with their platform. If as an investor or anything you might be if you want to input your data on any platform you need to make sure that you check the security status of the platform before doing that.
Yes, especially with Ledger being a hardware wallet I am sure that many were quite sure about its security and those that choose to use hardware wallets often have a considerable amount of crypto that they are hopign to keep safe. So to have a security leak on such a wallet is truly a problem in security and causes a lot of unrest.

This is really something that can't be ignore, we are in the age of crypto now, they should upgrade the level of security and encryption methods they're using.
The names, mailing addresses, and phone numbers for 272,000 customers of cryptocurrency wallet company Ledger have been released online by hackers. The hackers gained access to the information when they penetrated Ledger's databases in July this year. According to reports, the stolen information has been posted at Raidforums, a site for sharing hacked databases.

Twenty thousand is a large number of exposed accounts and apart from the funds that could have been stolen, the platform must have suffered more from what a lack of trust and confidence in their business by customers would do to it.

Last year in June 2020 there was a hack on the Ledger hardware wallet where a lot of user data was unfortunately compromised. However, this is not the end of the leak. Having believed the leak to be contained, as it was not heard from over the course of the last six months, it seems that the hackers are now blackmailing the victims and demanding 10 EETH or 0.3 Bitcoins or else the information will be shared with local thieves.

There is over 20 thousand users whose information was hacked during this time. The company though has offered a bounty of 10 BTC for those that can find these scammers, and will likely present them for legal action when found.
This is the main reason why people should avoid putting their funds in CEX , because once the system is hacked , they stand the chance of losing their entire investment . Presently they should change these details that have been compromised ,and close some of them that is possible .

I thought hardware wallets are secure? Can't the victims just transfer their assets on different wallet? Downside of crypto. It's not easy to trace those hackers or the account ls that's linked to them. Hope they get caught and jailed for doing this.

Some of my friends told me, they hack email, names and phone numbers but not the crypto. But still it is a hardware wallet it must be secure.
Since a lot of people using cryptos today, They need to secure all access of their members and customers. They need to caught the hackers.

Last edited:
Most of these hacking is done with access to previledge information by insider , it is never easy to hack into secure wallet but people given some vital information to enable them easily access the wallet, we need to be very careful with the team members we engage with.

Those papetriator should be brought to book and as well take their own dose of the medicine, They must suffer for their misdid, and as well pay for their sins cos you can not steal someone's money and go Scott free, they should face the law, and no one is above the law.

I think this is a really sad story no matter the perspective which you look at it. The company trying to blackmail them is not the best approach as they stand the change of loosing more and more member if they go this path.

Concerning the victims of the ledger wallet hack now facing blackmail. Well, this is really a sad and devastating moments especially for the victims of this incidence. It is really unfair for people to face this after having a level of trust in the wallet and later getting hacked, this is really bad

I still wonder how could a hardware wallet be hacked. I always though that hardware wallets are the most secured wallets for storing crypto currencies.

Wow, this is a sad experience,I think there was nothing any human being can do about this hacking you're talking about because thousands of people to be hack is not something simple, what could we have done to prevent the hacking from taking place ?

I thought ledger wallet is hardware wallet and with what we do here is that hardware wallet is the most secured wallet. Well at first I don't like hardware wallet because Indo fear the damage or the lost of the hardware

This is really a sad event for those who are facing the blackmail from the hackers. That's why it's very important to have good security measures in any crypto currency exchange Business or PLATFORM one wants to establish

My condolences to the victims of circumstances that were affected by this unscrupulous act. This is one reason why some government decide to completely ban the crypto market, it can encourage illegal activities.

I thought ledger wallet is hardware wallet and with what we do here is that hardware wallet is the most secured wallet. Well at first I don't like hardware wallet because Indo fear the damage or the lost of the hardware
It is a bit ironic when you think about it because hardware wallets are actually supposed to provide you with better security however this was not the case in this situation. I think that is why people are very sceptical when it comes to performing a verification process.

This is not good and it's quite unfortunate that the reason for having such wallet has been compromised and violated. I feel sorry for the victims, but was anything done to salvage the situation or were they allowed to bear the burnt alone?

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back