What's new

The victims of the Ledger Wallet hack are now facing blackmail

This is not good and it's quite unfortunate that the reason for having such wallet has been compromised and violated. I feel sorry for the victims, but was anything done to salvage the situation or were they allowed to bear the burnt alone?
I think that that was various steps undertaken by the company in order to try and compensate the people however once the data has been leaked there is no way to actually prevent it from going any further because it is at the mercy of the hacker.

It is a bit ironic when you think about it because hardware wallets are actually supposed to provide you with better security however this was not the case in this situation. I think that is why people are very sceptical when it comes to performing a verification process.
You are right. Because when I first knew about bitcoin. And I asked for the best and the most secured wallet to store our crypto currency. I do received answer that hardware wallet are the best. And the funny part is that they are very expensive

Last year in June 2020 there was a hack on the Ledger hardware wallet where a lot of user data was unfortunately compromised. However, this is not the end of the leak. Having believed the leak to be contained, as it was not heard from over the course of the last six months, it seems that the hackers are now blackmailing the victims and demanding 10 EETH or 0.3 Bitcoins or else the information will be shared with local thieves.

There is over 20 thousand users whose information was hacked during this time. The company though has offered a bounty of 10 BTC for those that can find these scammers, and will likely present them for legal action when found.
Problem no dey finish! Why can't they stop at withdrawing peoples amount. But they have grown to the point of blackmailing account owners... this is a bad thing...

That is really a large number, and a very serious case, many of them do not even have such amount in the first place, how would they raise it up. What can be done to fish out these hackers?

Last year in June 2020 there was a hack on the Ledger hardware wallet where a lot of user data was unfortunately compromised. However, this is not the end of the leak. Having believed the leak to be contained, as it was not heard from over the course of the last six months, it seems that the hackers are now blackmailing the victims and demanding 10 EETH or 0.3 Bitcoins or else the information will be shared with local thieves.

There is over 20 thousand users whose information was hacked during this time. The company though has offered a bounty of 10 BTC for those that can find these scammers, and will likely present them for legal action when found.
Yes I think people work on internet 11 they are also work on internet to earn money because I belong to what family and I want to divide use this for iOS work on it and your money and every websites

That is really a large number, and a very serious case, many of them do not even have such amount in the first place, how would they raise it up. What can be done to fish out these hackers?
The thing with hackers is that they can be very hard to find and to take legal action against them because they use a vpn so as not to be traced, and at the same time what they do is that they ensure that the website has no link to them.

The thing with hackers is that they can be very hard to find and to take legal action against them because they use a vpn so as not to be traced, and at the same time what they do is that they ensure that the website has no link to them.
That's true though, before taking such bold step, they would have created every means possible for them not to be traced

That's true though, before taking such bold step, they would have created every means possible for them not to be traced
However i think that when it comes to a VPN there is many that actually pay for it and if they have paid for it then perhaps the VPN company will be able to trace them and hold them accountable for their actions.

However i think that when it comes to a VPN there is many that actually pay for it and if they have paid for it then perhaps the VPN company will be able to trace them and hold them accountable for their actions.
That's a good idea though but I think it would still be hard, there are so many VPN apps or companies with millions of users, and it's also possible that the activities of these users are not monitored 24/7. Then again don't you think these hackers have the ability to create their own VPN or network to be more secure?

T
That's a good idea though but I think it would still be hard, there are so many VPN apps or companies with millions of users, and it's also possible that the activities of these users are not monitored 24/7. Then again don't you think these hackers have the ability to create their own VPN or network to be more secure?
This is a good point as well, and it is possible that they are able to spoof their ip addresses without the need for these applications and perhaps they have created their own anonymous way of browsing and creating sites. I think that this is the concern with any online system.

How people fall for such scam in this modern era baffles me,one thing I know and I believe it won't stop soon is fraud as long as people want to get rich quick

Some these cryptocurrency wallets do not really guarantee safety, that's why I always put my cryptocurrencies in different wallets.
Having different wallets is a good idea if you are able to manage them all easily and have a good system where you are able to stay up to date with all of the funds that are in each wallet.

Having different wallets is a good idea if you are able to manage them all easily and have a good system where you are able to stay up to date with all of the funds that are in each wallet.
Definitely it is very important to have different wallets and also you need to have proper information in order not to lose your funds.

Definitely it is very important to have different wallets and also you need to have proper information in order not to lose your funds.
Sometimes what can be quite useful as well as to have a single wallet that has various different cryptocurrency private keys in order to try and manage your funds in an easier manner. However like you have said it will come with a risk.

This is not a good testimony at all. You can imagine the pain these hacked victims will be going through at the moment. It can really be very depressing when you know that someone is having what is termed private to you in the Open

Tbis is terrible news I must say, compromising them is not enough but even going ahead to blackmail them for extortion is something not to be condoned, it might have even been released

Tbis is terrible news I must say, compromising them is not enough but even going ahead to blackmail them for extortion is something not to be condoned, it might have even been released
That is the risk, and that is why i think that there are so many people that are trying to stay away from giving any of their personal information online because there is a lot of danger in this.

That is the risk, and that is why i think that there are so many people that are trying to stay away from giving any of their personal information online because there is a lot of danger in this.
Yeah and who can blame them if this keeps happening and definitely not the first occurrence of misplaced and stolen informations just hope security becomes tighter so as not to repeat

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back