What's new

The squatter problem when buying a property

That is one of the many disadvantages to buying lands in the rural areas. People could come tomorrow, occupy your land and tell you that they were the original owners and the land belongs to their ancestors.
Dealing with them can be very difficult, sometimes you have no option but to pay them to leave.

That is a also a really big problem in this part of the world as these squatters always feel entitled to the property maybe because they have been living in it for a while even though they didn't make any legal purchase of the said property.

This is a very big lesson for those who want to purchase land and properties and you have actually given us a clue on what to do when to purchase properties.

I don't think this would be a problem. So long as the area isn't being demarcated wrongly or permanent structures erected on the land, I'll just simply give whosoever is occupying it an ultimatum to leave after which I take action if not listened to.

Nice tips from you Alexandoy. These are things we will not imagine could leads to problem in a new property to be acquired. You have enlightened us concerning this and i would be careful when buying a property.

The issue of squatters in landed property is a popular one. Most time we end up negotiating and paying them to relocate to another place to take full ownership. The issue of squatters in land laws aren't addressed properly leaving the buyer no option to take legal actions with certainty of judgement that favours you.
Well for me as a person,the issue of those that are squarting in the land you just aquire should be taken and addressed with tack and care,if you have the means to settle them for them to relocate,then that would be ok.

Those squatters have a high level of entitlement. They feel anywhere they occupy is their own. I just advise people to use law enforcement agents on situations like this. And don't show yourself too much in the process.

How can anyone buy a property just by looking into the property papers and never checking on the location? If the squatters are living there illegally, you can try evicting them through the help of local authorities.

That is a also a really big problem in this part of the world as these squatters always feel entitled to the property maybe because they have been living in it for a while even though they didn't make any legal purchase of the said property.

There are many people who have encroached the land and properties of the government and the court ordered their removal. However, the law was not implemented in the right manner.

The best thing to do in order to avoid squatters problem and any other issues on the land you are buying is to investigate thoroughly before buying the land in case there is an unsolved issue .

This has always been a problem, especially in Africa countries. This is why does who have capital usually try their best to complete the house as soon as possible, some even go as far as securing and fencing the property round just so they can be sure it's safe.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back