The squatter problem when buying a property

Alexandoy

Ledgendary Member
5000+ Posts Club
Aug 10, 2018
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
A neighbor's sister bought a 1-hectare land in a rural area near the coastline with the plan of a fishing business. After consummating the sale the sister went to the property with a land surveyor. Lo and behold there was a shanty inside the property. The squatting family said they have been there for a long time so they have a right to stay there. It took the sister a year to settle the problem because the squatter is a member of a rebel group and always show up with a gun by his waist. This is a good warning for those who plan to buy land in the rural area. Be sure that the land is not occupied.

The issue of squatters in landed property is a popular one. Most time we end up negotiating and paying them to relocate to another place to take full ownership. The issue of squatters in land laws aren't addressed properly leaving the buyer no option to take legal actions with certainty of judgement that favours you.

A neighbor's sister bought a 1-hectare land in a rural area near the coastline with the plan of a fishing business. After consummating the sale the sister went to the property with a land surveyor. Lo and behold there was a shanty inside the property. The squatting family said they have been there for a long time so they have a right to stay there. It took the sister a year to settle the problem because the squatter is a member of a rebel group and always show up with a gun by his waist. This is a good warning for those who plan to buy land in the rural area. Be sure that the land is not occupied.
I am feeling very sad for that sister. we should learn from this incident, always be very careful before buying any land.
Do a proper paperwork and sign contract between buyer and seller in order to avoid any type of conflict in future.

I never believed that something like this is still happening of recent until hearing it from you once again, it's been ages I last heard something like this. I feels so sorry for that sister. Because she would definitely have to cough another money out just to settle this issue. I'm glad she finally settled it successfully.

That is one of the many disadvantages to buying lands in the rural areas. People could come tomorrow, occupy your land and tell you that they were the original owners and the land belongs to their ancestors.
Dealing with them can be very difficult, sometimes you have no option but to pay them to leave.

This is always a major challenge when buying a property and now it is high time for people to be very careful when buying a property.
For anyone who have a plan to buy a property to always investigate and ensure that the property won't cost you later after you have bought it

I like the fact that the issue was resolved without violence, it's always better that way especially with these kind of people. They won't hesitate to cause trouble if need be because they don't have much to lose. For next time, she should arrange for the seller to handle this kind of scenario.

Why would people even buy a property that they are not there to physically access? It seems like something reckless to do, before you buy a land, make sure everything is suitable to your taste.

If something like this happens I believe the force is the best agency to be informed,they will make their investigations and make you know what is really going on.
You can never be too sure,there may be some agreement between them.

This is a nice tip from you on property acquisition. But at least I think each country has its own task force that regulates real estate investment sector. If you think you are experiencing some problems after getting a land you can contact your state task force to help you resolve the issue.

The squatters have no right whatsoever over the land because it has been fully paid for.... if I'm the lady in question I will call the police on them.... To avoid problems like this in future one should visit the land in question and survey it before purchasing it

There's still a lot of squatters nowadays. It's hard that even though the buyer has the right to make them go away as they have paid for the land, those who are living in the squatters area refuses to leave. Best to settle it the right way but there shouldn't be violence. On a side note, it's better to check the property first before purchasing it to avoid such problems.

Indeed, I think this situation is worldwide, and it is difficult to solve it quickly. In general, I advise people that before closing a deal to buy land or houses, take the time to investigate with details so that they do not have a bad time. Since it costs in occasions to remove the squatters, even many times the government favors them which causes losses for the buyer.

With the environment I am and seeing so many squatters take over lands and houses. I would never buy a land without proper investigations. There was even a case of someone who built his house and was yet to complete the finishing and just like that some people moved in and started paying rent to some street thug. It took changing locks and engaging security operatives to evict the squatters.

This is quite a Scarry situation 😲, I will always advice people to do a thorough inspection of any property that they want to buy, in the process of that, they should also ask the owner of the property questions about the property before they buy it.

Adverse possession, sometimes colloquially described as "squatter's rights", is a legal principle under which a person who does not have legal title to a piece of property — usually land (real property) — acquires legal ownership based on continuous possession or occupation of the property without the permission of its

It is very common in the rural area. They do lease out land stil sell that land again. I think there should be laws guiding against such an obnoxious act. And people fall for it because these lands are always cheap. So let's becareful of cheap things.

The issue of squaters is common in my area, sometimes you will see a group of people coming to tell you that they are the youths of the community, that you must settle them because you invest in your land, they are ready to distroy your property if you don't settle them it's normal here.

Once you serve the eviction notice, you couldget lucky, and the squatter might leave. If not,you'll need to file an unlawful detainer lawsuit, which is the formal way to evict. Make sureyou follow your state's laws. Hire the sheriff to force the squatter out

That my friend is one of the many disadvantages you will face when buying a land in the rural area, most of these guys are locally called omo ni le, meaning land owners, they end up invading your land and most of them are dangerous, the best way to settle these issue is to go to an army barrack not police station and file a complain so they can follow you there and clear them out or best you meet the community chief in the area and explain to him they should be able to help easily.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back