What's new

The squatter problem when buying a property

Sometimes the squatter advise the buyer wrongly, they have very strong influence on the buyers decision, the seller of the properties must be able to convince both the sister and the buyer before the transaction can go smoothly. Persuasion is very important in every business.

So if it's fundamentally a resource problem, where are the resources in society? How are those resources really created, the resources we're going to need to deal with all these societal challenges? Well there, I think the answer is very clear: They're in business. All wealth is actually created by business.

This is a very big problem. Squatters occupying lands feel entitled and they are hard to chase from the land. Some will keep telling you history of how many years they've been living or farming on the land. It's always tough.

That's a bad and stressful scenario, i know our country has a lot of that cases and so we should visit the property before we have a deal with the owner and have the owners deal with the settler's actually. You can go and ask for the authorities help dealing with making them go away. Since even if they're staying on the property for a long time since it wasn't a government property and you didn't let them stay there. You don't owe them anything

On the off chance that something like this happens I accept the power is the best organization to be informed,they will make their examinations and make you realize what is truly going on.
You can never be too sure,there might be some understanding between them.

A neighbor's sister bought a 1-hectare land in a rural area near the coastline with the plan of a fishing business. After consummating the sale the sister went to the property with a land surveyor. Lo and behold there was a shanty inside the property. The squatting family said they have been there for a long time so they have a right to stay there. It took the sister a year to settle the problem because the squatter is a member of a rebel group and always show up with a gun by his waist. This is a good warning for those who plan to buy land in the rural area. Be sure that the land is not occupied.
The issue is like that in my country, they refer to them as land grabbers they encroach your land or part of it, it is either you settle them amicably with money for them to leave your land or ho into war with them provided that you have the resources to do so.

A neighbor's sister bought a 1-hectare land in a rural area near the coastline with the plan of a fishing business. After consummating the sale the sister went to the property with a land surveyor. Lo and behold there was a shanty inside the property. The squatting family said they have been there for a long time so they have a right to stay there. It took the sister a year to settle the problem because the squatter is a member of a rebel group and always show up with a gun by his waist. This is a good warning for those who plan to buy land in the rural area. Be sure that the land is not occupied.
Of course this are the things one should look for when purchasing a land property anywhere in Nigeria, because the people you will see when buying the land will be different from the one you will see when building on the land.

it is always advisable to make proper research and know the kind of land you are by him very well before making your purchase. Such things happens in the rural areas.

That's a bad and stressful scenario, i know our country has a lot of that cases and so we should visit the property before we have a deal with the owner and have the owners deal with the settler's actually. You can go and ask for the authorities help dealing with making them go away. Since even if they're staying on the property for a long time since it wasn't a government property and you didn't let them stay there. You don't owe them anything
You are right that it is a bad and stressful scenario to one day discover that the lot you own has an occupant. The law here protects the squatters so the land owner is on the disadvantage. That is why vacant lots in the city are fenced with locked gate and notice that it is not for sale just to let people know that the owner is monitoring his property.

Wow!! What an awful experience there. One need to be really sure of the property before finally closing such deals this days. Infact, take it upon yourself to go on an actual and physical site seeing before any negotiation

Wow!! What an awful experience there. One need to be really sure of the property before finally closing such deals this days. Infact, take it upon yourself to go on an actual and physical site seeing before any negotiation
One of the problem when buying a property is agreement in price which is very important most buys may like the property but when an agreement in price is not met such property cannot be bought.

I dont think it is advisable to purchase land with squatters in the land or occupying the property because it is highly risky to some extent the property may be denied without question or if the land owner can set out the squatter before I can be able to purchase the property better.

That's why we need to ask questions, not even from one person but from different persons to get satisfaction before going on buying a land.

That my friend is one of the many disadvantages you will face when buying a land in the rural area, most of these guys are locally called omo ni le, meaning land owners, they end up invading your land and most of them are dangerous, the best way to settle these issue is to go to an army barrack not police station and file a complain so they can follow you there and clear them out or best you meet the community chief in the area and explain to him they should be able to help easily.
This squatters problem in buying property is household as man because there will always be homeless people that will be making use of your incomplete property as their temporal are both due to the fact that they do not have house to stay but what I will do in such an instance is that I will give such people some Grace period and also give them some money for them to rent place for themselves.

Interesting story you have got there. But I don't see how someone would not make enquiry and even personally surveying the property before paying.

How can an individual even be so do bills to the extent of selling a property that is already occupied to someone. To be sincere I consider this as a fraud of a higher magnitude

I think these issue is common everywhere but is good as them revolves the problem, because such problem really happen in rural area.

I have heard of similar issues a lot.
The person selling the property should ensure that squatters are moved out of such properties before even inviting a potential client.

The issue of squatters in landed property is a popular one. Most time we end up negotiating and paying them to relocate to another place to take full ownership. The issue of squatters in land laws aren't addressed properly leaving the buyer no option to take legal actions with certainty of judgement that favours you.
The option you highlighted is a good one,if you are magnanimous enough you can relocate them to some other place,and that would give them a great relieve.I remember a friend of mine who was in such situation,they have to be compensated to look for another accomodation.

There are numerous instances of squatters finding it difficult to leave a property including buildings after they have been sold and for the new owner to take possession of it,some it was the security agent that were employed to eject them from the said property. It is better to settle the issue of squatters even before payment for such properties.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back