Some Common Terms Used in SEO

Mika

Madly Diligent
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 16, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
When you start working online, you will come across SEO, or Search Engine Optimization. Topics like what is SEO, how SEO is done, how SEO actually works can be a topic of elaborate discussion, in this article I will give short notes on key concepts.
Keyword, Keywords, Key Phrase: Keyword, Keywords, or Key Phrase are a word or a group of words that are used on various search engines to find appropriate answers. For example, "what is SEO" is a keyphrase, likewise, "iPhone reviews" are keywords, etc.
Long Tail Search Term: This is a set of words that people use on search engines to find answers. For instance, "what happens when I eat too many mangoes." just for an example)
Backlink: Backlink means your website link or post link shared on other websites. When your links appear on other websites, what they are doing is pointing towards your website. Search engines will take a count of how many websites are pointing towards your website.
SERP: Search Engine Result Page is the page displayed after someone performs a search on Google, Yahoo, etc.
Website Rank: The position of a website on the search engine result page for a given keyword, in a given location. The ranking of the website will be different for different keywords and in different locations.

SEO is really important for website, but it's mainly a tough nut to crack, especially when you are new.

One thing that I've found really valuable is the creation of backlinks, it's helps to show search engines that other sites know your stuff is good enough.

When you start working online, you will come across SEO, or Search Engine Optimization. Topics like what is SEO, how SEO is done, how SEO actually works can be a topic of elaborate discussion, in this article I will give short notes on key concepts.
Keyword, Keywords, Key Phrase: Keyword, Keywords, or Key Phrase are a word or a group of words that are used on various search engines to find appropriate answers. For example, "what is SEO" is a keyphrase, likewise, "iPhone reviews" are keywords, etc.
Long Tail Search Term: This is a set of words that people use on search engines to find answers. For instance, "what happens when I eat too many mangoes." just for an example)
Backlink: Backlink means your website link or post link shared on other websites. When your links appear on other websites, what they are doing is pointing towards your website. Search engines will take a count of how many websites are pointing towards your website.
SERP: Search Engine Result Page is the page displayed after someone performs a search on Google, Yahoo, etc.
Website Rank: The position of a website on the search engine result page for a given keyword, in a given location. The ranking of the website will be different for different keywords and in different locations.
I really needed this post. Thank you. SEO optimization has been a matter I’ve been trying to get a hang of recently. SEO in the aspect of writing. I sometimes write articles for post and websites. Now everyone wants an SEO optimized post. I’m still on the learning process now. I’m sure I’d get a hang of it soon

I like the way you simplified the importance of SEO and how the software can be used to rank a blog or Website for bloggers or webmasters. Also, you didn't include both white hat and black hat SEO in blogging or managing a website. White hat SEO can help you rank your blog well while black hat SEO can badly affect your ranking.

I like the way you simplified the importance of SEO and how the software can be used to rank a blog or Website for bloggers or webmasters. Also, you didn't include both white hat and black hat SEO in blogging or managing a website. White hat SEO can help you rank your blog well while black hat SEO can badly affect your ranking.
Black hat SEO techniques are a sure shot way to climb the search engine rank in a short time. However, the techniques not approved by search engines, therefore, when they discover that a site has been doing black hat, they will pull it down, might even block the domain on their search result.

The terms I the SEO are the keyword and phrases in your web content that make it possible for people to find your site via search engines. A website that is well optimized for search engines "speaks the same language" as its potential visitor base with that help connect searchers to your site.

Wow! I added some knowledge to what I used to know, I learnt previously that SEO is a whole lot, before I thought google does all the work when stuff are searched for online, but i learnt here that SEO actually does the work and direct people to sites, hence it can be monetized.

Market-defining keywords: Market-defining keywords are terms and phrases your target audience uses when talking about your business or industry. These phrases are usually very broad and generic, so they are often much harder to rank for than others; nonetheless, they are still extremely important.

Great! Search engine optimization looks much easier reading through your explanation. And I have come to understand the role of backlinks.

When I see links on certain blog post online, I try clicking, before I know it, I am on another page entirely different.

From your explanation I have come to understand that backlinks found in website serves as a way of optimizating their website on Google search.

PBN: this stands for Private Blog Network, these are blogs with strong SEO power in someone network controlled to pass link juice to money sites. People used this to gain rank in highly competitive niches.

DA: this stands for Domain Authority of a website, it's e metric invent by Moz to measure to he power of website in Google SERP.

CF: this is called Citation Flow, this shows this shows the quality of the link power a website can pass to another one. Etc

Domain authority and page authority are also two common terms used in seo. while domain authority measures backlink power on the primary domain, page authority analyzes backlinks for the individual pages. These two concepts were introduced by moz, a seo company, and measures a website in the scale of 0-100 where higher number indicate better metrics.

Market-defining keywords: Market-defining keywords are terms and phrases your target audience uses when talking about your business or industry. These phrases are usually very broad and generic, so they are often much harder to rank for than others; nonetheless, they are still extremely important.
Thanks for adding a new term to the list (new because I missed it while making the list). I would also like to add a couple of more SEO terms, such as evergreen topic, current topic, and commercial topics. Evergreen topics are the topics that do not get stale ver the time. Current topics are trending topics that lose relevance soon and commercial topics are the topics that get more attention from the advertisers.

Backlinks are one of the best ways to boost SEO when done well. Optimizations work better when you avoid getting your Backlinks from poorly ranked websites and many the mistake of getting their links from such websites. That is a grave mistake.

Search engine optimization helps to improve your website and make it become more relevant there attracting more traffic to your website or webpage.
SEO considered the operation of search engine and the program that dictate it's behavior.

The list may not bw complete but I think the list gives good information to the people like us who have just stepped into the field. The OP mentions website rank, is this same as page rank? Or are these concepts different?

Sincerely I really think am lost here what is SEO like what is it all about. Is this SEO a get paid to site also our is it a traffic monetization platform? Well all I know is that even if it is a very paid to site, I would have heard about it. So I think it's new

I like how you explained all those keywords. Many atimes most people keep coming across those words without knowing the actual meaning. With the way people talk about Search Engine Optimization, it is glaring that it is very important.

SEO is really important for website, but it's mainly a tough nut to crack, especially when you are new.

One thing that I've found really valuable is the creation of backlinks, it's helps to show search engines that other sites know your stuff is good enough

SEO abbreviated as Search Engine Optimization. It has much role and having importance as a back bone in the body. A well and competent SEO can make your platform ranking high for getting traffic.

The first tip is to get more traffic from your existing pages by covering subtopics that Google wants to see. Last year, we did a study on 3 million searches to find how many keywords you can rank for with one page and found that the average #1 ranking page will also rank for about 1,000 other relevant keywords.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back