What's new

Some Common Terms Used in SEO

10 blue links: The format search engines used to display search results; ten organic results all appearing in the same format.

Black hat: Search engine optimization practices that violate Google’s quality guidelines.

Crawling: The process by which search engines discover your web pages.

De-indexed: Refers to a page or group of pages being removed from Google’s index.

Featured snippets: Organic answer boxes that appear at the top of SERPs for certain queries.

Google My Business listing: A free listing available to local businesses.

Image carousels: Image results in some SERPs that are scrollable from left to right

ALT Text/Tag or Attribute - A description of an image in your site's HTML. Unlike humans, search engines read only the ALT text of images, not the images themselves. Add ALT text to images whenever possible.

Anchor Text - The actual text of a link to a web page. On most websites, this text is usually dark blue and underlined, or purple if you’ve visited the link in the past. Anchor text helps search engines understand what the destination page is about; it describes what you will see if you click through.
Post automatically merged:

Java, 29.04 percent
TypeScript, 26.32 percent
Python, 23.89 percent
C#, 23.75 percent
PHP, 18.88 percent
C++, 8.87 percent
Ruby, 6.44 percent
Kotlin, 4.86 percent
Go, 4.43 percent
  • C, 3.43 percent

There alotbof terms used in SEO but one of most know by most folks is An algorithm or “algo” is a program utilized by search engines to determine what pages and sites to suggest when a user enters in a search query. You will hear the term used frequently when talking about the various programs, including Penguin and Panda, that search engines use to weed out “bad” sites that use tactics to improve their SEO ranking

Backlink :

A backlink for a given web asset is a connection from some other site to that web asset. A web asset perhaps a site, page, or web registry. A backlink is a reference practically identical to a reference.

the manner in which you rearranged the significance of SEO and how the product can be utilized to rank a blog or Website for bloggers or website admins. Likewise, you did exclude both white cap and dark cap SEO in writing for a blog or dealing with a site. White cap SEO can help you rank your blog well while dark cap SEO can gravely influence your positioning.

The terms I the SEO are the keyword and phrases in your web content that make it possible for people to find your site via search engines. A website that is well optimized for search engines "speaks the same language" as its potential visitor base with that help connect searchers to your site.

10 blue links: The configuration web indexes used to show list items; ten natural outcomes all showing up in a similar arrangement.
Black hat: Search motor enhancement rehearses that abuse Google's quality rules.
Crawling: The cycle by which web indexes find your web

A title tag, or page title is a tag in the .html denoted by <title>. The title tag represents the page’s title and can be seen on the tabs in your browser or in the headline of a search result. Title tags help both the search engines and internet users identify what your pages are about. Best practice for title tags is to create unique, relevant titles for each one of your pages.

Your SEO keywords are the keywords and phrases in your web content that make it possible for people to find your site via search engines. ... Keywords and SEO are directly connected when it comes to running a winning search marketing campaign.

On-paid SEO is used in increasing rank on Google but it is not the only keyword research option. All you need to do is to put all the keywords you have searched for on your SEO metal tags. You must also tag your images.

SES is another terms for SOS
SES stands for Search Engine Submission. SES is a lot of SEOer interested because it is the fastest way to help a new website can be listed in the directory of the search engine.

If I remember correctly there are so many terms for the SEO that I had seen like the Black Hat and the White Hat and some others like keyword stuffing. It seems like people who are learned in the technology have the penchant to coin new terms. For me, I just prefer the traditional terms that black hat is not good and white hat is good.

There are a lot of terminologies used for SEO. The ones that you need to remember is keyword usage, backlinks, and meta tags. The ones you need to avoid are: keyword stuffing, clickbait, buying backlinks, etc. You need o know the difference between what you should uses and what you shouldn't.

I think user interface and user experience, denoted with UI and UX are also widely used SEO terminologies. User interface is overall look for your site and user experience is how the visitors feel after visiting the site.

When you start working online, you will come across SEO, or Search Engine Optimization. Topics like what is SEO, how SEO is done, how SEO actually works can be a topic of elaborate discussion, in this article I will give short notes on key concepts.
Keyword, Keywords, Key Phrase: Keyword, Keywords, or Key Phrase are a word or a group of words that are used on various search engines to find appropriate answers. For example, "what is SEO" is a keyphrase, likewise, "iPhone reviews" are keywords, etc.
Long Tail Search Term: This is a set of words that people use on search engines to find answers. For instance, "what happens when I eat too many mangoes." just for an example)
Backlink: Backlink means your website link or post link shared on other websites. When your links appear on other websites, what they are doing is pointing towards your website. Search engines will take a count of how many websites are pointing towards your website.
SERP: Search Engine Result Page is the page displayed after someone performs a search on Google, Yahoo, etc.
Website Rank: The position of a website on the search engine result page for a given keyword, in a given location. The ranking of the website will be different for different keywords and in different locations.
Thank you for bringing this to my notice. It is quite educative and informative. I never thought I could see this here. Well, that's what we also get from bizdustry apart from the money.

The best thing about search engine optimisation is that it has to do with good and highly quality content that will have this search terms that people normally do search on search engines like Google search.

Search engine optimisation is very important for the success of any online business. Any online business owner who does not understand SEO may definitely not succeed.

When you are building backlinks, instead of sharing the link directly, you should always backlink through anchor text. Anchor text is a word or words on the article that will be hyperlinked with backlinks

SEO Terminology - A Glossary of the Most Popular SEO Terms
301 Redirect or Redirection. A page that when visited, immediately send users to a different page on a site.
404 Not Found.
Algorithm.
Alt Text/Tag.
Analytics.
Anchor Text.
Black Hat SEO.
Branded Keywords.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back