What's new

Should younger people be paid less?

Age is so feeble a criteria to use to measure the pay package of a person. There are better indices like skill level, education and competence in doing the job at hand. I have seen young people of about 20-21 years old who offer more value to an organization than advanced people.

As long as they are not expecting younger people to work more than the older people used to work and still pay them less then I don't think there is anything wrong with it. But generally it's something weird if I must be very honest because as long as someone is hired and fit enough to work, they shouldn't judge his salary by his age.

Personally I think if the younger people are paid less amount of money for their labour, it will definitely affect the economy because most of them will not be willing to offer their labour for the promotion of goods and services.

Why should age be a criteria for paymemt in an organization. I think it is wrong, The number one thing that should be considered is how much they are contributing to the organization. The skills they have is also a criteria.

Why should age be a criteria for paymemt in an organization. I think it is wrong, The number one thing that should be considered is how much they are contributing to the organization. The skills they have is also a criteria.

Seriously, I believe that it is something that is very wrong to do in any business organisation because it is going to be a very big discouragement for younger people to work in that company.

Seriously, I believe that it is something that is very wrong to do in any business organisation because it is going to be a very big discouragement for younger people to work in that company.
Yes it is very bad and discouraging. It is just like assuming Men should be paid higher than women though there are doing the same work in an organization.
That is discrimination and it should not be encouraged.

I was the youngest in my workplace but there was a time I was earning the highest. That was becuase I was adding the most value to the organization. It is not by age but how valuable you are. That's what should be used to pay staff.

As long as they are not expecting younger people to work more than the older people used to work and still pay them less then I don't think there is anything wrong with it. But generally it's something weird if I must be very honest because as long as someone is hired and fit enough to work, they shouldn't judge his salary by his age.

I think that older people should be given much easier jobs as compared to the younger people. However, it all depends on the individual as well. Not all the young people are capable of doing tough jobs.

I just don't buy this idea in any way, the payment for your jobs should not depend on your age but on what you are able to offer. There are a lot of underaged people that can do great jobs than the older ones, not fair.

Everybody must be paid according to the kind of job he or she does whether the person is young or old. And people must be paid more when the put a lot of concentration in the work they do. So they must be paid based o their hardwork
I also do not support paying people less because they are young. Employees should be paid based on the value they are offering. However, in any organization, people with more service years are always consider experience workers. Hence, they are paid more than those that were just employed. This is a right thing to do. It's a norms everywhere.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back