What's new

Should you volunteer for work without pay ever?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I know some people take internships that don't pay, and some people volunteer their time for free to help out with certain jobs. But have you ever volunteers to work without pay? I did a while back, where I did some work for a friend. But it wasn't much.

I think it's a good thing to volunteer once in a while, because it helps build character, and also helps build out your resume. Would you volunteer if there was a good thing to come out of it?

I have never worked as an intern all my life and it's something that I am not going to be interested in doing at least for now but if there is a company which I really need to get the knowledge of what they are doing and they have provisions on hiring interns, I will be interested in joining such company for a period of time in order to learn what I want to learn.

I would if this is for a cause that I support like environmental work or for organizations that help stray animals. I'm willing to give my time for free.

I would if this is for a cause that I support like environmental work or for organizations that help stray animals. I'm willing to give my time for free.

The only volunteer job which I can remember ever taking was working for Red Cross some years ago.

There was a massive sensitization to vaccinate people on get vaccinated against Polio. I felt the need to play a part in the process and I was very happy with contributing.

I have never worked as an intern all my life and it's something that I am not going to be interested in doing at least for now but if there is a company which I really need to get the knowledge of what they are doing and they have provisions on hiring interns, I will be interested in joining such company for a period of time in order to learn what I want to learn.

Well, I may work as a volunteer for the good cause. However, till now I have never worked as a volunteer. It all depends on the kind of volunteering work. I have never got the opportunity to work as a volunteer. Having said that, some volunteers get paid for volunteering in a few cases. So, it depends.

Well, I may work as a volunteer for the good cause. However, till now I have never worked as a volunteer. It all depends on the kind of volunteering work. I have never got the opportunity to work as a volunteer. Having said that, some volunteers get paid for volunteering in a few cases. So, it depends.

Most volunteer jobs in my country are not paid for. There's a reason why they are called volunteer jobs, if they are paid for, they wouldn't call it volunteer jobs. The only thing you can get in most volunteer jobs here is stipends. They are never enough but that's what you get.

Most volunteer jobs in my country are not paid for. There's a reason why they are called volunteer jobs, if they are paid for, they wouldn't call it volunteer jobs. The only thing you can get in most volunteer jobs here is stipends. They are never enough but that's what you get.
I would do it as long as it was for a cause I believe in, yesterday I was watching a video about volunteers in Kesington (Philadelphia) who helped people addicted to Fentanyl and really these people are very necessary because they are willing to not charge anything with such to help when a crisis of any kind arrives.

Majority of the volunteering "jobs" do not offer financial compensation. However, there are a few volunteering jobs that may offer financial compensation. You do a google search about paid volunteering opportunities and you may find many of them. These paid volunteering opportunities are offered by many companies.

Majority of the volunteering "jobs" do not offer financial compensation. However, there are a few volunteering jobs that may offer financial compensation. You do a google search about paid volunteering opportunities and you may find many of them. These paid volunteering opportunities are offered by many companies.

The basis for the one's available in my country is that they are going to make sure to pay some money that's going to cover for your transportation cost.

This is a very good gesture in my opinion because they don't owe it to the volunteers to pay for their transportation fees.

The basis for the one's available in my country is that they are going to make sure to pay some money that's going to cover for your transportation cost.

This is a very good gesture in my opinion because they don't owe it to the volunteers to pay for their transportation fees.

In case if they are offering "Non-paid" volunteering opportunity, then they are the ones who should take care of volunteers. This not only involves bearing the expenses for transportation, but it also involves other expenses as well such as food expenses as well.

In case if they are offering "Non-paid" volunteering opportunity, then they are the ones who should take care of volunteers. This not only involves bearing the expenses for transportation, but it also involves other expenses as well such as food expenses as well.

Volunteers don't get the privilege of having their feeding allowance being covered by the company they are working for. It's not a bad thing for such companies to pay for their feeding too but all of them are trying so hard to cut down on cost, thereby there's no room for paying for volunteers food.

I would know there's what I will get in return for being a volunteer for such job which is going to priceless. It can be knowledge or any other thing but it's what is going to add much value in my career. I won't waste my time as a volunteer for nothing in return.

That's really cool of you! This is exactly the type of talk I wanted. To discuss how we can volunteer our time not just to work related things, but to helpful causes and more. Putting your time in to help others, is always commendable in my book.

I would do it as long as it was for a cause I believe in, yesterday I was watching a video about volunteers in Kesington (Philadelphia) who helped people addicted to Fentanyl and really these people are very necessary because they are willing to not charge anything with such to help when a crisis of any kind arrives.

Some people see volunteer work as a community service which it is up to them to render to those in need of it in their community. It's a very good thing because those people who are going to benefit from those that are into such jobs they volunteered to do just to help out are always going to be happy getting that kind of help from people they are not going to pay.

I mean I do not unless it's for my family or for nice person working for free is hard and I do not think you do that for people that are not related to you in any way

I never liked the idea of working for free, I have never worked for free. I also do not like the idea of hiring people to work for free. I always make sure I pay my workers and also get paid for working. Having said that I have worked for free for my friends and family and in a hope to get better prospects.

I have worked for free for friends and family. I have also worked for free in the hope to get better earning opportunities. When I work for free for friends and famil;y, it is purely a philanthropy. However, when I work for free for other people my motive is to impress this client so that he actually hires me for paid job. Sometimes this strategy works and sometimes does not.

If you value the knowledge that you are going to get working as an intern, then I don't see it as a big deal working for a firm online or offline without a pay.

The bigger challenge is when you are not yet financially strong to handle the expenses of doing this work, then I will suggest finding another job that pays so as you can sustain your lifestyle and pay bills.

If you value the knowledge that you are going to get working as an intern, then I don't see it as a big deal working for a firm online or offline without a pay.

The bigger challenge is when you are not yet financially strong to handle the expenses of doing this work, then I will suggest finding another job that pays so as you can sustain your lifestyle and pay bills.

It is very correct what you said about having some sort of financial stability in your life before you decide to take on job of being a volunteer without pay. This is because there is no way you can be able to take care of your responsibilities and expenses that you have to pay while you are only working on a job as a volunteer which you don't get paid in.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back