What's new

Should all schools teach you how to do taxes?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Do you think that all schools should teach their students how to do their taxes at some point? I took money math in high school and learned a bit, but I never learned how to do my taxes until I was an adult. And even now I still don't fully know what I'm doing half the time. With that being said, should learning your taxes be a part of schooling going forward?

It's a knowledge which is going to be very useful for all students. Yes, it's supposed to be taught in schools because whether you like it or not, those students will graduate from high school and college to face the world. They need the knowledge of how to do their taxes.

As far as I'm concerned it will be a very good thing for schools to have this kind of study for their students to cover during their semester in school. This is because it is going to be very beneficial to anyone that was able to learn it in school unlike coming out to start learning it as an adult.

As far as I'm concerned it will be a very good thing for schools to have this kind of study for their students to cover during their semester in school. This is because it is going to be very beneficial to anyone that was able to learn it in school unlike coming out to start learning it as an adult.
Yes, the problem is that in most countries schools teach practically nothing about financial education, and that is why later as adults, there are so many people with problems managing their finances, the solution to this would be to learn on your own how to manage your finances, but many people do not, in my case I had to learn on my own, since here in my country they don't teach anything about money or how to handle it, let alone knowing how to pay your taxes.

It would be helpful if schools taught basic life skills like how to do taxes, but it's not necessary for all schools to do this. There are many different skills and subjects that schools can teach, and it's up to individual schools to decide what they want to prioritize in their curriculum. It totally depends on schools activities.

Yes, the problem is that in most countries schools teach practically nothing about financial education, and that is why later as adults, there are so many people with problems managing their finances, the solution to this would be to learn on your own how to manage your finances, but many people do not, in my case I had to learn on my own, since here in my country they don't teach anything about money or how to handle it, let alone knowing how to pay your taxes.

It is something that is detrimental to kids growing up because they are lacking the information which is going to be beneficial for them when they grow up and such information is something which would be of a very good positive effect if they start learning at a young age and it's practically also going to impact on their saving habits.

I have always mentioned this when a topic comes up regarding what you are taught in school and also how much of it you use when you leave school out in the real world.

All of what I learned in maths, a lot of it I never use now aside from maybe the plus, subtraction, multiply and divide and also in some cases percentages as well.

Something such as taxes is needed by everyone at some point in their life and I really do feel that schools should teach that.

Another thing I wanted to mention, was that a lot of schools teach Home economics, which teaches you life inside the home, like cooking, childbearing, sewing, and other household duties, but they don't teach people how to do taxes, or even handle money properly. I think all schools should teach the basics about life. Hell even car repair and repairs around the house. We could learn more if anything.

Another thing I wanted to mention, was that a lot of schools teach Home economics, which teaches you life inside the home, like cooking, childbearing, sewing, and other household duties, but they don't teach people how to do taxes, or even handle money properly. I think all schools should teach the basics about life. Hell even car repair and repairs around the house. We could learn more if anything.

I would say that teachers are not even paid way for them to go to that extent of teaching all those things which are very important for someone to learn when they are still in school before they start facing life generally.

If the government should work on paying teachers better, I believe that they would have to include all those in their curriculum so that students can be able to receive the knowledge at the younger age.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back