What's new

Sharing content vs using content

You are actually talking about citation, given credits to the original poster on quoting his write up. This is not plagiarism or any other form illegal copywriting,it's is recommended globally make a citation after quotation.

That's citation if am get what you mean by saying quote. It's actually accepted worldwide to make a citation referring to the original source of the quoted write-up.
giving citation to the original owner of the content should be done properly like for social media for instance, a link should be dropped that redirects people to the original article

giving citation to the original owner of the content should be done properly like for social media for instance, a link should be dropped that redirects people to the original article

Citation is necessary, especially when you use the quote of someone in your work. This is important if you want to avoid issues related to plagiarism in your work.

You can share content which seems to be normal and the content owner will even be glad that you shared his content but you can make use of the content which will be at the person's permission

It is completely wrong to just copy someone's contents and post it as your own. It is an infringement that can get you sued and you pay damages. It is not wrong to share it since it has been made public.

Taking someone’s content without permission can lead to legal consequences. It can negatively affect a business’s reputation and financial stability, ultimately impacting the ability to convert users into customers. That’s where you may need to implement strategies to enhance your mobile conversion rates, for example. Here is an article on this topic: https://onilab.com/blog/mobile-ecommerce-conversion-rate/.

To avoid damage to your image and metrics, follow the fair use principles. They will let you use someone’s materials without consent for purposes such as criticism, commentary, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research. I advise you to get the author’s permission before using content online and adhere to fair use. Give proper credit to the original creator and source the materials back to them to avoid copyright infringement claims.

I think sharing or reposting content is perfectly fine so long as the original creator is credited. This actually somewhat motivates the content creators to make more so as to inspire different people across the world
If someone shares my content, I don't have an issue with it, but what I would have an issue with is if I am not credited as the original author of that content, that is where I would be angry

Always make sure that the source of the content is quoted in a link so that if people like the content, they might go to that source to get more. Under fair usage, you don't need to ask for permission to share.

When you share a content most especially online , more people get to know about the existence of that particular content but the originator of the content must be appreciated.

I am a content creator, therefore, I create content and distribute content through multiple channels. I cannot create content without consuming content, I have to read books and articles and watch videos and listen to podcasts. Therefore, I share content as well as use content.

As the author says, there is the possibility of reuploading content from another content creator, but that usually has copyright infringements, it is always better to create your own content, especially if you have hopes of monetizing it, in addition, you will not have to answer to anyone for copyright issues.

A lot of times, people share videos and pictures without even knowing who they belong to because someone before them shared it, and someone before them shared it, etc. etc. but I think with blockchain technology, things can change. The content you share or make can be tracked like an NFT and prevent this from happening as everyone will know the original source.

It's better to just create your own content and the best thing these days is that you have various AI softwares to do that for you, so you dont need to have any certain skill or be a content creator to actually create one.

When it comes to content on the internet, there's always the chance that you could be illegally using copyrighted material. One thing I found though, is that sharing content is much more safe than just outright posting someone else's content.

If you want to share something, say something from social media, you can, but make sure you tag that person/company as well as link back to it if possible. As well, you should also ask for permission just in case, as some people will still come after you even if it's just content you shared.

What do you think on this subject though? Do you think sharing content is fine as long as it's sourced back to the original creator?

There are many online marketers who tend to utilise content used and written by others. We can find an article on one site and the same article could be found on the other site as well. This is what you call "Private Label Right" content that is used by many people.

When it comes to content on the internet, there's always the chance that you could be illegally using copyrighted material. One thing I found though, is that sharing content is much more safe than just outright posting someone else's content.

If you want to share something, say something from social media, you can, but make sure you tag that person/company as well as link back to it if possible. As well, you should also ask for permission just in case, as some people will still come after you even if it's just content you shared.

What do you think on this subject though? Do you think sharing content is fine as long as it's sourced back to the original creator?

This is something that I can relate to very well when it comes to how I make use of Facebook because most of the content I see on Facebook, I majorly share them instead of posting them myself because I would not be sure about the copyright or the source of it so that anything that goes wrong with such content cannot be pointed back at me as the originator of the content.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back