What's new

Recovery of rent from ex-tenants years ago?

Yes, agreement is the most important thing. In case the issues is taken to court, what will serve as evidence is the agreement that both the house owner and tenant sign. I think the house should now be using lawyer or notary to bound the agreement sign.
Yeah, signing of an agreement is compulsory in this part of the world before you rent any house. So the both parties have to respect the agreement irrespective of what happens..

So, one of my former landlords is asking for money (1500$+) from years ago, claiming that I owe rental payments. Where do I legally stand and what does everyone think about this? Of course, laws will be different depending where you live.
You haven't updated us on how this ended. As long as the man was laying a false accusation against you then you will have a high chance of winning if he has to used the law on you. .

Though if the tenants signs the agreement form before no into the house and he packed out of the house without paying the fee he or she is owing , he is binded by law and should be arrested.
Yeah, signing of an agreement is compulsory in this part of the world before you rent any house. So the both parties have to respect the agreement irrespective of what happens..

Though if the tenants signs the agreement form before no into the house and he packed out of the house without paying the fee he or she is owing , he is binded by law and should be arrested.
Probably, the law must always take it cause. That is why it is always important and necessary for you and your tenant to sign legal agreements before they go into your house.

So, one of my former landlords is asking for money (1500$+) from years ago, claiming that I owe rental payments. Where do I legally stand and what does everyone think about this? Of course, laws will be different depending where you live.
I think that if your paperwork and legal agreements between both parties, then you should not be concerned at all, even if he presses on to declare a lawsuit against it. He cannot threaten or coerce you to obtain the money, so this impasse should be settled at the courthouse

Does your landlord have court documentation supporting his claims, signed by both parties?
If not, he lacks legal grounds to bring a lawsuit against you.

Does your landlord have court documentation supporting his claims, signed by both parties?
If not, he lacks legal grounds to bring a lawsuit against you.
Most of the tenants always takes their landlord for a fool most especially when the landlord is nice to them , some decided to run away with the landlord money knowing he won't press any charges against them .

He either chase you out of the house and forget about the unpaid rent or he takes you to court in which you will have an upper hand in the sense that the court will ask you some questions and also allow you to pay back for as long as you like, depending on the amount you choose to deposit daily, monthly or yearly

According to the laws of my nation, in a situation like this, both parties would need to hire attorneys and present evidence to support their claims in court, but typically the judge will assume that you must have settled the issue with your tenant before he vacates.

Has your landlord produced evidence to support his assertions, such as a signed court document? In the event that it does not, he lacks legal grounds to sue you.

Leaving everything in the hand of the law is the best thing you can do in order to handle a tenant that decided not to pay hos or her landlord , most tenant knowingly owes their landlord knowing fully well that they wont have to pay their remaining rent .

As long as you aren't guilty of this. You don't have any problem because everything will be open.. does it have any proof that what he is saying is true or is it just a mere accusation ?

Well, I think that there comes a time when the contract might become void by the passage of time. In that case, the recovery might be really hard if you ask me.

Evidence is what both parties needed here to sort out the problem , as the tenant , if you have the evidence to prove that youbare not owing your landlord , then it's all going to be in your favour , and thats why you need to be collecting your evidence of payment everytime you make a payment as a landlord .
According to the laws of my nation, in a situation like this, both parties would need to hire attorneys and present evidence to support their claims in court, but typically the judge will assume that you must have settled the issue with your tenant before he vacates.

If there is legal agreement with the landlord and tenant then the issue will be resolved legally by charging the tenant to court but if there's no legal agreement it will be very difficult to recover such rent. So since it has been long people in community will intervene that the landlord should have forgotten this and nothing would be done.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back