What's new

Must you have a degree before you can start a business?

I think it is more important that a person has a courage to take a risk and an enthusiasm in doing business in order to start this endeavor.

Having a degree is not just a collection of papers. It also means you have the knowledge and skills to do certain things. If you don't go to college and university, how would you learn to start a business?

Actually having a degree certificate is not compulsory to start a business but I believe it's an additional advantage to be able to run a successful business.

it will assist you with some basic strategies which can help you in making decisions.

Let's take for example coding as a hard skill. You don't need to go to any college or university to learn how to code. Is it engineering skills that are learned on the streets? Universities in this our times are complete waste of time. I am a BSc holder.
Well, it depends on your course of study and your passion. This is why it is important people should not study what they are not passionate about in the university because it will be a complete waste of time for them. But to be honest there are many skills you can learn on your own and make a lot of money with it.

Well, it depends on your course of study and your passion. This is why it is important people should not study what they are not passionate about in the university because it will be a complete waste of time for them. But to be honest there are many skills you can learn on your own and make a lot of money with it.
And the reason why people don't make businesses out of their courses of study is that university education is mainly theoretical in my country. By right, an engineer should come out and open an engineering firm.

And the reason why people don't make businesses out of their courses of study is that university education is mainly theoretical in my country. By right, an engineer should come out and open an engineering firm.
it is actually not every engineer that have the money to open an engineering firm. It is also engineers that work under those firms and a few technicians. that is what you have to put it into consideration.

it is actually not every engineer that have the money to open an engineering firm. It is also engineers that work under those firms and a few technicians. that is what you have to put it into consideration.
My point is that every course if study should not focus on producing job seekers. The curriculum should be tailored to produce job creators. That way, people can monetize their courses of study and reduce unemployment.

That is the same here in my country. The education system focuses a lot on theories and so little on practicals. So many graduates spent their entire schooling cramming for exams, no practical skills to start a business or company. That is why a degree doesn't help many to start a business.

Let's take for example coding as a hard skill. You don't need to go to any college or university to learn how to code. Is it engineering skills that are learned on the streets? Universities in this our times are complete waste of time. I am a BSc holder.
I don't think going to university is a waste of time. The only issue with universities
in some developing countries is that they are running on outdated curriculum. They are not training their students to be self reliant and independent. Rather, they trained them to depend on government for job. This coding that you cite as an example can be learned in the university. But unfortunately, the students will only be taught on its theoretical aspect. They won't be any practical.

I don't think going to university is a waste of time. The only issue with universities
in some developing countries is that they are running on outdated curriculum. They are not training their students to be self reliant and independent. Rather, they trained them to depend on government for job. This coding that you cite as an example can be learned in the university. But unfortunately, the students will only be taught on its theoretical aspect. They won't be any practical.
I was taught programming in the university. As a matter of fact, I was taught Fortran. That's a very old programing language that I don't think is still in use today. And I was taught on the board with no computers to practice. How would I graduate and make a business with that knowledge? No way.

Personally I believe it's not most to have a degree certificate before you can start a business even though it might be an additional advantage to your business when you have.

There are alot of people who dont have but they are successfully running a business.

My point is that every course if study should not focus on producing job seekers. The curriculum should be tailored to produce job creators. That way, people can monetize their courses of study and reduce unemployment.
I share the same point of view with you in this regard. The school system should be more focused in producing job creators and not job seekers. I think this is the problem a lot of countries face.

If people do not have jobs despite having a degree, do you think it is the fault of the education system or the degree holder itseld? Learning also means knowing how to use your knowledge to make money.
This is true. But to me, if people who have degree do not have jobs, then the education system need to be reviewed. Education should do more to people than getting government job. A good education system will empower people to stand on their own.

You don't need a degree to start a business, as many people have started businesses without one. But it does help a lot to have one. I myself don't have a degree, and I think it'd be great to one day have one, but I don't think I'd put my time into going to college again.

This is true. But to me, if people who have degree do not have jobs, then the education system need to be reviewed. Education should do more to people than getting government job. A good education system will empower people to stand on their own.
I cannot say about the kind of educational system you have there but in my home country, there is no fault with the education system. It is the learner who should know how to use education to get jobs.

Absolutely no. a degree certificate is not a guarantee to start a business even though an added advantage to your skills and knowledge.

There are people running a successful business around the world but without certificate to show.

Absolutely no. a degree certificate is not a guarantee to start a business even though an added advantage to your skills and knowledge.

There are people running a successful business around the world but without certificate to show.
Having a degree is not an assurance that you are going to succeed in any business venture. I have seen a good number of people who do not have degrees but they became very successful in busineses.

Actually having a degree certificate is very important and necessary to some extent even though it's not mandatory at all.

Thete are alot of people who are into business without degree certificate and they are really doing very great.

The importance of having a degree in business cannot be underestimated but it is not a must to succeed. In my own perspective business is more practical than theoretical. so anyone can start a business and succeed provided they have the knowledge and also the needed experience.

No, you do not need a degree before starting a business. While having a degree can provide certain advantages, such as specific knowledge and skills related to a particular field, it is not a strict requirement for entrepreneurship. Many successful business owners have built their companies without a formal degree.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back