Messi has won his eighth Ballon d'Or

Riberet19

Staff member
5000+ Posts Club
Jan 5, 2023
USD
$23.1100USD
Biznotes
Well, once again Messi wins the Ballon d'Or with a bit of controversy over who should have been the winner. In my humble opinion, I would have given it to Erling Haaland since I think he has done better individual numbers and has won more titles. , not to mention that he won the treble, so what do you think, do you think Messi is the fair winner? and why?

I stopped bothering myself about these individual awards a long time ago. And that's mostly because the organizers have no clear pattern of choosing the winners - they continually shift the goalposts to fit their narratives.

Growing up, I've always heard that players who perform well during the World Cup years are favourites for the next Balon d'Or. That was what I thought until Wesley Sneijder was overlooked. When you factor in the fact that those who vote in the players are human beings with sentiments all around, it only gets more confusing. Since then, I stopped bothering myself.

As for this year's Balon d'Or, I knew long ago Messi will get selected. But I felt Haaland should've won. 52 goals in a top 5 league accompanied with a treble win. He should've won. Messi had an above average form last season (for his standards). So they basically chose him because of the six games played in Qatar? Sentiments, not reality.

Messi already won 7. What stops them from voting Haaland. No one will contest the choice.

According to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the person who gets to win Ballon d'Or is the player who has the strongest PR that year and it's very obvious that Lionel Messi have been the guy with the best PR so far. When it comes to the Ballon D'or ceremony in last season, it is very clear that Haaland was supposed to win the Ballon D'or award but everything turned out to be meant for Messi to win it.

Messi's World Cup success was a major factor in his Ballon d'Or win. The World Cup is the biggest tournament in football, and winning it is considered to be the pinnacle of a player's career.

The decision on the Ballon d'Or winner is made by a panel of journalists, coaches and experts, and it often considers both individual performances and team achievements. So I think messi really captivated and attracted these dudes 😏😏 that's why he won.

Messi didn't win his 8th Ballon d'Or, he was gifted the award. Erling Haaland was the actual winner of the Ballon d'or but France Football organizers are biased when Messi is among the top runners for the award.

I see that more or less everyone in this thread has the impression that Erling Haaland should have won, so maybe we are all wrong except for the supposed journalists who vote for the winner of these awards, it is already too difficult for me to think that this title is not totally rigged.

I see that more or less everyone in this thread has the impression that Erling Haaland should have won, so maybe we are all wrong except for the supposed journalists who vote for the winner of these awards, it is already too difficult for me to think that this title is not totally rigged.
I wouldn't call it rigged, I will use the word 'flawed'. Some countries chose Bernardo Silva as their best player, another chose Mbappe. That's why I said the award is sentimental. Messi's World Cup triumph was celebrated all over the world despite some claiming the tournament was rigged to favour him - though the claim is preposterous. But with the celebration that comes with the triumph he's definitely going to get selected for the Balon d'Or.

I wouldn't call it rigged, I will use the word 'flawed'. Some countries chose Bernardo Silva as their best player, another chose Mbappe. That's why I said the award is sentimental. Messi's World Cup triumph was celebrated all over the world despite some claiming the tournament was rigged to favour him - though the claim is preposterous. But with the celebration that comes with the triumph he's definitely going to get selected for the Balon d'Or.

Lionel Messi was not only the Argentina player who won the World Cup. Hello? Do you remember J. Alvarez? He is also Messi's teammate and he also won the World Cup and he won every single trophy that Halaand one from last season playing in Manchester City. So, why wasn't he nominated for the Ballon D'or award? If we are going by wining the World Cup as any Messi won, J. Alvarez should be ahead of both Messi and Haaland.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back