What's new

Is visual basic still worth learning in 2020?

I have been learning visual basic for like 2 years now, i can say that it's very easy and very useful compared to what it can do, along with SQL databases, is it still worth learning in 2020 and is there a chance to use it as a freelancing skill?
Well, I would say it's worth learning this year as everyone needs to develop himself or herself in one way or the other with digital skills. graphics designing is also a very important skill to learn and develop. it's always helped me in many areas even when I was a university student.
Post automatically merged:

I have been learning visual basic for like 2 years now, i can say that it's very easy and very useful compared to what it can do, along with SQL databases, is it still worth learning in 2020 and is there a chance to use it as a freelancing skill?
Well, I would say it's worth learning this year as everyone needs to develop himself or herself in one way or the other with digital skills. graphics designing is also a very important skill to learn and develop. it's always helped me in many areas even when I was a university student.

For someone already with some knowledge I would say carry on as it will be somewhat easy for you. But as a newbie it will be difficult learning and catching up so you might want to invest your time in something else. This basic knowledge in stuffs like this can be a life saver tomorrow in terms of income. For you its good but for someone new I would say try something else.
Post automatically merged:

Its easy for someone one with flair on computer technology and techniques. But as a complete novice I would not want to enter such course. Reason been that it will be somewhat tedious for me to learn. The time I would rather put in it I would invest in something else and get a better outcome.

Last edited:
According to the research I made, I don't think so because you have better options for learning a new language. Long-term evolution of Visual Studio appears to be focused on C#. And Python has largely eclipsed VB as an accessible general purpose language. VB will be around for a while, but you'll find more uses, across more platforms, with other languages.

Since you have the knowledge already, then it's not exactly a waste. I wouldn't advice a new bie to focus on it though but for those with the knowledge already you can still inculcate it into other things. Most of these things are actually helpful when you want to learn an entirely different thing as they form the foundation.

No you have better options for learning a new language. Long-term evolution of Visual Studio appears to be focused on C#. And Python has largely eclipsed VB as an accessible general purpose language. VB will be around for a long time.

I wouldn't say it a waste of time but looking at the world today what area did you think all can function despite the situation of the country and the world at large.
But I won't discourage you at all just make your finding and make a decision now.
If you’re looking to become skilled at web

No, unfortunately - you've got better opportunities for learning a foreign language. Visual Studio's long-term evolution tends to be focused on C#. And as an open general purpose language, Python has largely eclipsed VB. VB will be around for a while, but with other languages, you'll discover more applications through more platforms.

Visual basic is a good programming language, the simplicity and flexibility makes it very easy to learn within little time you can start creating your web application and other tools, the only limitation is the platform issue, it doesn't run on all platforms
Though the programming language is already becoming old but it's relevance is still very much great. This is a programming language anybody can start to learn on learn on his/her own unlike other complex ones like java, JavaScript, Python and the likes. The simplicity and flexibility of the programming language is unmatched.

yes it is worth learning. You can go on Fiverr and check for the available gigs, if you see visual skills there as you have said, it means it is worth it but if not I will advise you not to waste your time learning something that won't later fetch you money.

Visual Simple still counts on the language index. Net would "sooner or later go into decline" but concedes that it is common in small and medium-sized businesses for dedicated office applications and is still possibly used by many developers, because it's easy to learn. When the latest strategy for visual basic is announced by Microsoft.

Is visual basic still worth learning in 2020?​

The language index still reckons Visual Basic . Net will "sooner or later go into decline", but concedes it's popular for dedicated office applications in small and medium enterprises, and is probably still used by many developers because it's easy to learn. When Microsoft announced its new strategy for Visual Basic .

Sim, vale a pena, as pessoas pensam que o mundo é feito apenas de novos projetos, quando na verdade são 80% manutenção e 20% criação.

Se você está procurando trabalho em empresas estabelecidas, estáveis e há muito tempo com idiomas super fáceis de aprender, não há legado maior que a família VB e então a Delphi.
Você pode ter certeza que daqui a 40 anos ainda teremos muito VB.NET e Delphi rodando, cuidado com a moda no mercado de programação.

Eu estava esquecendo, VB.NET contínuo aqui!

Atualmente, existem mais de 35.000 organizações e governos usando o VB.NET.
Sim, somos muitos.

Sim nós realmente somos muitos

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://www.elementscompiler.com/elements/mercury/ [/ URL]

Last edited:
Sim, vale a pena, as pessoas pensam que o mundo é feito apenas de novos projetos, quando na verdade são 80% manutenção e 20% criação.

Se você está procurando trabalho em empresas estabelecidas, estáveis e há muito tempo com idiomas super fáceis de aprender, não há legado maior que a família VB e então a Delphi.
Você pode ter certeza que daqui a 40 anos ainda teremos muito VB.NET e Delphi rodando, cuidado com a moda no mercado de programação.

Eu estava esquecendo, VB.NET contínuo aqui!

Atualmente, existem mais de 35.000 organizações e governos usando o VB.NET.
Sim, somos muitos.

Sim nós realmente somos muitos

[URL unfurl = "true"] https://www.elementscompiler.com/elements/mercury/ [/ URL]

Unfortunately, I can't be able to read what you just too the time to write in this language. It looks like it contains good information. Let me try using my Google translate.

Originally Answered: Is Visual Basic an outdated programming language? Yes, it is, and its place has been taken by Visual Basic . NET, which is a less preferred language on .

Visual basic is still very much worth it in this current time. It's very easy to use and flexible. You can even decide to use it as a do it yourself mode of learning if you are too occupied to go to physical classroom

Visual basic is still very much worth it in this current time. It's very easy to use and flexible. You can even decide to use it as a do it yourself mode of learning if you are too occupied to go to physical classroom

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, once it's something that can still be very relevant in today's world, I don't see the reason why I shouldn't take advantage of it.

Visual Basic is good to learn, it is easy to learn, with visual basic, beginners wouldn't have to see programming language as rocket due to the simplicity of the language.

I am not a programer and neither am into programming niche. But if the visual basics has Ben something you've learned and have also come to love, I think it might still be relevant skill in 2021

I think that this skill can be quite useful and even if you cannot use it directly it can serve as an excellent foundation for any future development that you would want to do in this field as well.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back