What's new

Is visual basic still worth learning in 2020?

Patrik

Verified Noob :)
5000+ Posts Club
Apr 19, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have been learning visual basic for like 2 years now, i can say that it's very easy and very useful compared to what it can do, along with SQL databases, is it still worth learning in 2020 and is there a chance to use it as a freelancing skill?

Visual basic is a good programming language, the simplicity and flexibility makes it very easy to learn within little time you can start creating your web application and other tools, the only limitation is the platform issue, it doesn't run on all platforms

Visual basic is a good programming language, the simplicity and flexibility makes it very easy to learn within little time you can start creating your web application and other tools, the only limitation is the platform issue, it doesn't run on all platforms
sorry but if you'd known much about visual basic, you wouldn't say that you could create a web application, since it is very limiting in such fields and is only best to low level applications, and it may even struggle at that without the help of the .NET framework , that is , its going down slowly in the future as it isn't being updated regularly

Visual basic is still in demand. A lot of people are still using it for making the software for desktop and also for the web. So you are not going to lose any form of education by learning it. But you only need to learn it if you want to make any software or the skills that you can find useful for your future. I think there are less jobs for the visual basic.

Don't waste your time with it.

If you're looking for microsoft languages, C# is pretty good. Though my personal favorite language is C++, but has a terribly steep learning curve for beginners. But really, if you're just getting in to programming and want something that's easy to learn like VB was, I'd steer you towards python. Python's great, has tons of support, a free ide (get the community version of pycharm), and tons of extras you can get for free (look up "pip install").

I don't know anybody who's still using VB. I'd question anyone who is recommending it.

I have been learning visual basic for like 2 years now, i can say that it's very easy and very useful compared to what it can do, along with SQL databases, is it still worth learning in 2020 and is there a chance to use it as a freelancing skill?

Why not? It's still going to be a great thing in 2021. I have taken some lessons on the skill, even though I'm yet to master it yet but I easily tell you that I'm enjoying my experience with it so far.

I'm even learning 3D animation currently. What do you think about it?

Why not? It's still going to be a great thing in 2021. I have taken some lessons on the skill, even though I'm yet to master it yet but I easily tell you that I'm enjoying my experience with it so far.

I'm even learning 3D animation currently. What do you think about it?
Yeah visual basic is pretty easy but can do a lot, i was just wondering if it's still something that people can freelance with just fine.
about 3 animation, i believe it's a pretty decent skill to have and you can offer gigs for that for a decent price, good luck with that

Yeah visual basic is pretty easy but can do a lot, i was just wondering if it's still something that people can freelance with just fine.
about 3 animation, i believe it's a pretty decent skill to have and you can offer gigs for that for a decent price, good luck with that

Yeah, I have the same feeling about 3D animation ever since I started learning it. I have been lots of 3D animation work and get intrigued by how it is, and getting to be in the learning process now makes it more fun for me because I get to understand how everything is done.

Since you have the knowledge already, then it's not exactly a waste. I wouldn't advice a new bie to focus on it though but for those with the knowledge already you can still inculcate it into other things. Most of these things are actually helpful when you want to learn an entirely different thing as they form the foundation.

Honestly I feel like learning visual basic is a completely waste of time, I will advise you to spend your time learning other programming languages like c+ and co. I'm not sure if people still use visual basic these days.

Noyou have better options for learning new language. Long-term evolution of visual appears to be focused on C. And Python has largely eclipsed as an accessible general purpose language. Vb will be around for a while, but you'll find more uses, across more platforms, with other languages.

I have a short experience with Visual Basic and I'd say it is very convenient if you know the tricks. The only problem I see is the lack of functionality since it is just working on parameters. Maybe I did not dig deeper on the coding but that is my perception so I did not continue Visual Basic. Another downside is the storage size that it is consuming and it cannot just run by stand-alone. Maybe the newer version can run on stand-alone but I don't know that anymore.

So in terms of easiness, VB is much moreeasier to learn and use. It was designed that way from the start. ... Net languages compile to Common Intermediate Language (CIL), which makes VB and C# similar in efficiency. TL;DR C# is harder to learn.

There are far more interesting and more enjoyable languages to learn and write. But VB is still commonly used. Not worth the time except if you are working on something very old

I definitely believe that any skill that you may have can be used as a freelancing skill, the key is to just market yourself in a way that looks very good and showcase the work that you are able to do so that you get more attention for your profile for people that are interested in this specific skill. Whilst it can be quite hard at time, I feel that if you advertise your skill well this can make all the difference in the world at how many requests you get.

if you're a newbie programmer I will recommend that you go and learn Visual Basic because it's very simple and easy to learn. I always enjoy this programming language especially the user environment that is very explanatory and understandable, even as a young programmer you can design some simple applications with it. Visual Basic programming language is very good for a beginner so you can go and learn it, it's worth it.

No, sadly - you have better options for learning a new language. Long-term evolution of Visual Studio appears to be focused on C#. And Python has largely eclipsed VB as an accessible general purpose language. VB will be around for a while, but you'll find more uses, across more platforms, with other languages.

Most people think that it doesn't actually pay but it does a lot. In a reality no skills learnt is actually a waste no matter how bad it seems. It may not come in handy today but tomorrow it might bring you am opportunity you need.

I wouldn't say it a waste of time but looking at the world today what area did you think all can function despite the situation of the country and the world at large.
But I won't discourage you at all just make your finding and make a decision now.
If you’re looking to become skilled at web development, JavaScript is an excellent language to learn. As web apps and websites continue to thrive and grow in popularity, learning JavaScript in 2020 is a wise choice.
Having JavaScript in your skillset also gives you a good foundation to then learn more complicated programming languages such as C++ and C#, if you fancy it.

Visual Basic is arguably the language that made Windows accessible to the rest of us. In its latest announcement Microsoft puts a positive spin on the confirmation that it no longer has a future. Once Microsoft was a dynamic innovator in the language space - . NET and C# were trailblazers and Visual Basic .

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back