What's new

Is VAR helping football?

On my own personal opinion, I think var is really destroying football as we know it. In the beginning it sounded like a good idea but with just a year in use, I have gotten totally fed up with it's really strict and shocking rules.

Even though the grumblings just won't stop their is no denying the divisive impact of VAR on football. Despite this it is a technology I strongly support. Asides, we are all getting used to it now.

Yesterday, I watched arsenal game vs wolves, there was no contact between Luiz and Martin's but the referee gave him red card and penalty.
Will referee and VAR make football enjoyable again?;

What's your thoughts on this?
I have not watched the arsenal game versus wolves, but with your post here telling us about what happened it is as if I have watched their game. The red card and not penalty that was given by the referee if there was no contact between Martin and Luiz could be wrong.

VAR has helped so many clubs and has also made the game look so boring sometimes. The referee should be allowed to make a good decision after the VAR consultation. But the pitchside monitor is the best for me and VAR should be used offside alone.

The main reason for the introduction of VAR was simply to create an atmosphere where there is actually accuracy in decision making by the referee. So when he is not sure the VAR would give the clear view of what happened. If they have not achieved this yet, then those managing the machine should be checked.

As a football fans, I like it when it favors my team, but not the same when the decision is against my team. In generally its not helping football. It's killing the vibes. A player will score a wonderful or important goal but must wait for confirmation from VAR before he celebrates.

VAR has improved football in a huge way. Some errors and infringements that could not have been spotted by referees are brought back by the VAR. It's just the application of it that is a bit controversial.

Definitely it a yes,VAR are really helping football especially the referee to make accurate decision,there are some fouls a referee can not see but with the help of VAR a righful decision will be made

Seriously I'm not watching football or any sports activities, I was once a footballer but I had an accident while playing since then I hate anything that has to do with sports.

I don't believe var supports football, but it's possible that var does. I don't know much about var, and I'm new to this.

With the help of VAR in 2019/20, it rose to 94 per cent. Over the course of 2019/20, over 2,400 incidents were checked and 109 decisions were overturned by the VAR, an average of an overturned decision every 3.5 matches.

definitely, var is helping football, it has its own unique challenge's that i believe would be reduced with time, but var is making it difficult to cheat in a football match. it has made it increasingly difficult for players to deceive referees as they know that there are forth officials monitoring them

In my opinion VAR is a revolutionary technology, it isn't possible for 3 referees to cover the whole field, sometimes players may use dirty tactics for a penalty kick, that isn't fun it's just wrong. Almost all the sports are regulated and monitored for accuracy and I am glad that VAR was introduced in football.

As much as I would love to say that VAR is helping football I feel that the people who operate it aren't to be fair. Sometimes you can clearly see that something is a foul or a goal should have been disallowed and they will still deny it regardless of what the VAR says. I feel if the people operating the VAR were to follow the rules a little more and pay attention to what they see on the VAR it would make football a lot fairer than it is now. Too many players and teams still get messed over even when VAR is used.

Yesterday, I watched arsenal game vs wolves, there was no contact between Luiz and Martin's but the referee gave him red card and penalty.
Will referee and VAR make football enjoyable again?;

What's your thoughts on this?

VAR is definitely going to be good for football. There's nothing wrong with the technology because it's always been 100% spot on in picking out and capturing whatever it's set to capture. The problem are the ref who interpret those information. They are very inconsistent in their ruling and that's what gives VAR the bad reputation.

In the local football of my country it has not done too well either, honestly many times the referees have not even used the VAR when it was needed and there had been a clear infraction, such as penalties, possible red cards and more, although I think that if the VAR is used correctly as it happens in tennis or basketball, it can be of great help and make football a much fairer sport.

In the local football of my country it has not done too well either, honestly many times the referees have not even used the VAR when it was needed and there had been a clear infraction, such as penalties, possible red cards and more, although I think that if the VAR is used correctly as it happens in tennis or basketball, it can be of great help and make football a much fairer sport.

They officials just need to be consistent in how they use use VAR to make decisions and we won't hear fans and managers keep nagging about the errors of VAR in sports (football mostly). It's like what happened in English Premier League in the match between Manchester United vs Wolves. The ref and VAR team got their ruling wrong and they paid the price from being suspended by the FA.

VAR showed its ugly hands today in the match between Arsenal and Manchester United with an offside call to cancel a likely match winner goal for Manchester United.

This is the picture of VAR analysis of the offside call. Do you think it's offside or onside?

FB_IMG_1693780044938.jpg

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back