What's new

Is there a website you wish to replicate?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Are there any websites you wish to replicate for your own site? I figure a lot of people want to make their own Facebooks and other social sites, but I've leaned away from doing that as I don't think it's profitable anymore. Not when we already have a mainstay of social media in front of us with Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I think replicating a website is fine, as long as you change it enough to make it your own. With that being said, what sites would you love to replicate? For me I think replicating a site like Letterboxd would be so cool. To be able to track something would be cool. But there's already something for video games, movies, tv, and probably music and other forms of media.

The first website I started writing online was called Gather. It allowed users to post anything from articles to poetry, stories, photos, etc. The website paid users for their contributions. It would be really nice to bring back a site like Gather.

There was a social forum I joined couple years back. Damn! it contained everything I ever wanted in a forum. It has a section for forum games, I mean live game with other members. Every game you play gives you gold points where one can later use to make purchase like theme. The forum had different themes stunning ones are not for free you buy them cheaply with the forum gold you earned from activities in the forum.

It had section where member share code ideas, templates, add-on source codes. It was supa dupa. Miscellaneous section is for anything you fee like sharing of which category hasn't been listed. Every thing you get involved in, gives you gold points.

The sad thing is that it went into the thin space all a sudden. I would love replicating such forum back online.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back