How Do You Evaluate Your Website's Worth

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Have you tried how much your website's worth? Do you use any website appraisal tool to evaluate your website's true potential? Recently, I received some interest from a client regarding my website and I do not know much should ask for my website. The website does not earn much and does not receive a lot of traffic. So, I am confused how much should my asking price be.

For me, I would make my own estimate considering some factors such as the site revenue, content and mobile friendliness of my theme.

After making my estimate, I will now use some few tools to see the price difference.

A general estimate of your site would be 2 X or 3X of your annual revenue. For example, if your website makes $1000, your site would worth $2000 or $3000. For the sites that do not generate revenue, it is difficult to determine the worth.

It's definitely hard to determine what the worth of your site is. Because sure you may have a lot of traffic coming to your site yearly, but is it constant? As in does traffic stay up all year long? Sometimes you'll have less traffic one month and the next more.

So it's not easy to pick out a price. Plus you may have more feelings behind it and want more for your site than what it's worth.

I know you can get some paid website valuations and have someone look over everything to give a professional valuation. But, I do occasionally use Worth of Web and sites like these but they are not 100% accurate. Allow me to explain why.

Your website value depends on many factors. Like, how much your site makes in a 24 month period (profit), Domain Authority and Backlinks, how many members, posts/comments, and your SEO strength.

(Revenue - costs) x expected site lifespan in years.

If the website is projected to earn more in the future than current revenue, add projected revenue from the new income source x probability of payoff from that income stream to the years post implementation over the site lifespan.

Generally speaking I would not want to sell a site that still has a potential for still greater income unless I am ill-equipped to realize that potential and someone else is. I also would be want to sell a site with major problems. If I have a site with a lot of value able information that is not making revenue, the site is being improperly marketed or improperly monetized or both. These problems will need to be fixed before the site can be sold.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back