What's new

Importance of SEO friendly URL for WordPress

1626886444189.png

Importance of SEO friendly URL for WordPress​

Search engine optimization plays a huge part in your website ranking well and successfully among many other websites. Well, WordPress sites are no different. If your WordPress-built website URL is not correctly showing on the browser, then highly unlikely will your WordPress site rank on search engines. You must read the tips below and follow them to ensure your website URL is search engine optimized friendly and see the difference it makes on Google and other search engines.

1) Change your “Permalink settings” > Login as admin and go to settings and choose Permalinks.

2) Common Settings > here, you will see a list of options for you to choose

Option One from the common setting lists is the. Default

This is the one that WordPress chooses unless you change it. With this one, your URL will be shown as http://bizdustry.com/blog/?p=123.

As you can see, it is not wise to choose the default one, as it is so hard to tell what the link is after the /blog. And search engines are not humans to work out what ?p=123 is and, in fact, even us humans will find this a mystery. Imagine visiting a site that has tons of links shown like this. Would you remember it for the future so that you can revisit them? I certainly don’t think so. If you are going to struggle with a link’s remembrance, then surely Google and other search engines will have twice the trouble in knowing what the link is about, which will cause you to lose ranking. Other options are the day and name, month and name, numeric; I would ignore all of them and concentrate on the last two options on common settings as they are the ones that Google and other search engines like. They make the URL look neat on any browser, and it helps to remember them more easily.

The two most important options in common settings are 1) Post name.

This is my chosen one for my own blog. It shows your blog post title, and we all know how helpful that is to recognize what the article is about, and if we are interested, we simply read or ignore it and move to the ones we really like. Which would you prefer, this one or the default one is shown above? A wise person will choose this for sure.

However, if this does not work for you, as I have seen people use this, and it still shows page numbers like /p123, simply adding the following code to the “custom structure” option is shown below /%postname%/ and click save changes.

2) Custom Structure

Personally, I wouldn’t say I like this one. The reason is I’m not bothered about showing category names along with my blog post title. but if you are one of those who wish to have this, add this code in an empty box on the right ” /%category%/%postname%/ .”The extra /interviews are added before the blog post title. There is no need for this; keep it short and simple and enjoy the fruit of Google and other search engines.

Those are some basic tips in improving your ranking using search engine optimized URLs for your WordPress sites. If you wish to add a better method, do let us know below. Thank you.

I am madly in love with the way I get to learn new things in this very forum aside any my money day after day. One additional knowledge today

Using a good url for a website is very important for the overall ranking of the website. The url must contain the name of the website and the topic one wants to post so as to show up on Google whenever one is searching for that particular thing

I use post name for the url. The post name is the title of my content. I always try to use a SEO friendly title for my post, therefore, my post urls are also SEO friendly as they content keywords, keyphrase or a long tail search term.

The best way to create SEO friendly URL on wordpress is by using SEO title for your content and choosing post name for your post URL on your WordPress website setting.

I think forums can also benefit by using SEO friendly urls. If you use a seo friendly title for your forum threads, you can have a seo friendly url even for your forum post.

I agree with this post, it is so reasonable to carefully choose how you want your URL to be. There are two things I usually avoid when it comes to URL, first is too complicated url that even bots will find it difficult to translate, I prefer using a url that is straight to the point like you indicated in this post. Secondly usually avoid buying a domain name that is too long.

I think URLS also play a major role when it comes to getting your site listed on search engines. I think shorter URLs get better ranked by the search engines as compared to longer URLs, but it also depends on the popularity of the site.

Thanks a lot Alex, this forum is not just about making money online, but this forum is educative and also impactful. I can't believe the tons of information and knowledge I've gained since I joined this forum.

I really love using the %post% method of a thing because with this method it is very easy for both humans and search engines. Imagine one single site that contains both blog and a forum, some users might get confuse if a particlar post was located at the froum or the blog. It will be very easy if user can remember the title of the post and fortunately you were using %post% and boom the post is easily detected.

SEO friendly URLs contain words that clearly explain the content of the page, and they're easy to read by both humans and search engines. Notice that these URLs are readable and a user can guess what they will see on the page just by looking at the URL text
View attachment 2512

Importance of SEO friendly URL for WordPress​

Search engine optimization plays a huge part in your website ranking well and successfully among many other websites. Well, WordPress sites are no different. If your WordPress-built website URL is not correctly showing on the browser, then highly unlikely will your WordPress site rank on search engines. You must read the tips below and follow them to ensure your website URL is search engine optimized friendly and see the difference it makes on Google and other search engines.

1) Change your “Permalink settings” > Login as admin and go to settings and choose Permalinks.

2) Common Settings > here, you will see a list of options for you to choose

Option One from the common setting lists is the. Default

This is the one that WordPress chooses unless you change it. With this one, your URL will be shown as http://bizdustry.com/blog/?p=123.

As you can see, it is not wise to choose the default one, as it is so hard to tell what the link is after the /blog. And search engines are not humans to work out what ?p=123 is and, in fact, even us humans will find this a mystery. Imagine visiting a site that has tons of links shown like this. Would you remember it for the future so that you can revisit them? I certainly don’t think so. If you are going to struggle with a link’s remembrance, then surely Google and other search engines will have twice the trouble in knowing what the link is about, which will cause you to lose ranking. Other options are the day and name, month and name, numeric; I would ignore all of them and concentrate on the last two options on common settings as they are the ones that Google and other search engines like. They make the URL look neat on any browser, and it helps to remember them more easily.

The two most important options in common settings are 1) Post name.

This is my chosen one for my own blog. It shows your blog post title, and we all know how helpful that is to recognize what the article is about, and if we are interested, we simply read or ignore it and move to the ones we really like. Which would you prefer, this one or the default one is shown above? A wise person will choose this for sure.

However, if this does not work for you, as I have seen people use this, and it still shows page numbers like /p123, simply adding the following code to the “custom structure” option is shown below /%postname%/ and click save changes.

2) Custom Structure

Personally, I wouldn’t say I like this one. The reason is I’m not bothered about showing category names along with my blog post title. but if you are one of those who wish to have this, add this code in an empty box on the right ” /%category%/%postname%/ .”The extra /interviews are added before the blog post title. There is no need for this; keep it short and simple and enjoy the fruit of Google and other search engines.

Those are some basic tips in improving your ranking using search engine optimized URLs for your WordPress sites. If you wish to add a better method, do let us know below. Thank you.
I think SEO friendly URLs contain words that clearly explain the content of the page, and they're easy to read by both humans and search engines. Notice that these URLs are readable and a user can guess what they will see on the page just by looking at the URL text

Last edited:

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back