What's new

Impact of Government policy on business

A government policy is a rule or principle that hopefully better guides decisions, resulting in positive outcomes that enhance the community or unit. Government policies contain the reasons things are to be done in a certain way and why. ... Policies are not laws, but they can lead to laws.

Government policy over here are favouring almost all bigger business and supermarket but won't favour the smaller business, sometimes people who are operating similar business are always arise because most law are too bulky for most smaller business to handle.

Government policies can have a significant impact on business. For example, because of our government's commitment to climate change initiatives, it is implementing a program to gradually ease out public utility vehicles that are using diesel in favor of solar-powered or electric vehicles. This will effectively result in the termination of transportation businesses relying on diesel-powered vehicles. A few years ago, the government also started banning single-use plastics such as plastic utensils, plastic cups, straws, and plates. It also banned the use of plastic bags. This policy forced restaurants to provide reusable utensils. Likewise, supermarkets and department stores replaced plastic bags with paper bags and promoted the use of reusable bags. While these steps were good for the environment, they meant the loss of livelihood for some people. It also made things more expensive for the end consumer.​

Government policies can influence how a business can thrive in certain location especially if the business demands so much tax, government are the main determinants of a business success.
Government policies have a way of affecting busineses in various ays,because every business are esterblish to make profit,and if the policies of the government is not aafvourable towards a business,it will prevent investors from coming.

Government policy will always have effect on business and normally government policy on business should be flexible for business to operate without any problem or challenge, but in most cases some government policies will always leads to destruction of business. This is really bad.

We are good if they government policy is stable and favourable to us imagine a country that government policy is not favouring the masses at end it bring pains and retardation to our economy and society

Government policies can affect a business positively or negatively. one of the positive impact of government policies is: government policies help check private businesses from overcharging consumers, they ensure that the price of goods and services is moderate.

The negative impact of government policies on business could be stopping importation of certain goods. This will of course affect so many businesses and in turn affect the final consumers

The government policies have a larger role to play in the growth of the business . if the policy made by the government isn't favorable, then so many businesses will not strive.

We all know that business can be affected in so many ways and directions. One of the major things that always change the trend of business is Government policy. Most of the time Government policy don't usually favour business owner but few might be lucky to change the fortune of their life.

What is your experience about the policy set up by Government?
Government policies can either make or mar a business. The government over here have taken unfavourable policies and decisions that have made the cost of doing business higher and this has really affected the economy.

Government policies can either make or mar a business. The government over here have taken unfavourable policies and decisions that have made the cost of doing business higher and this has really affected the economy.
The government policy over the business in my country has affected the people's negatively because of the bad economic conditions , and its making the cost of goods and services in the market to increase everyday .

The government policies have a larger role to play in the growth of the business . if the policy made by the government isn't favorable, then so many businesses will not strive.
Yeah, it will definitely affect the business positively or negatively depending on the laws brought by the government. Mostly if a government policy on business is good, it will definitely help improve the economy of a country.

Our government has raised petrol prices and what can affect the businesses more than fuel prices? This is why we are suffering a lot. When fuel gets expensive, each and every thing becomes expensive.

Government policies affect businesses in so many ways. there are some countries where by it will be very hard for you to start a business because of the kind of tax policies in that particular country.

The government policy over the business in my country has affected the people's negatively because of the bad economic conditions , and its making the cost of goods and services in the market to increase everyday .
The government seriously has to do more in order to support businesses in Nigeria. The cost of doing business here has increased astronomically and many companies and industries are moving to other countries.
I really hope things go get better very soon. If we can elect credible leaders who will be interested in bringing in dividends of good governance to the citizens of their country.

Last edited:
Yeah, it will definitely affect the business positively or negatively depending on the laws brought by the government. Mostly if a government policy on business is good, it will definitely help improve the economy of a country.
The businesses that are available in the country are governed by the laws of the land, and if the government isn't making favorable policies, it will definitely affect the businesses.

The businesses that are available in the country are governed by the laws of the land, and if the government isn't making favorable policies, it will definitely affect the businesses.
Probably, government policies that affects businesses. If the policies of the government is not favorable to businesses they will definitely not be able to make profit in the long run. They are some countries where buy it is hard for you to succeed in any business.

From what I have read, watched, and followed over the last 20 or so years, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the government is the hardest and cruelest against small businesses and treats big corporations with favor time and time again.

From what I have read, watched, and followed over the last 20 or so years, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the government is the hardest and cruelest against small businesses and treats big corporations with favor time and time again.
Well, I agree with you. Most of the policies government have taken have been in suppose of larger firms and corporations. These economic policies have led to the folding of so many small and medium scale businesses that couldn't compete with larger rivals.

Anyway a lot of people who are operating business like POS and selling of airtime are not really affected. I believe such business are not mostly affected by government policy.

Well, I agree with you. Most of the policies government have taken have been in suppose of larger firms and corporations. These economic policies have led to the folding of so many small and medium scale businesses that couldn't compete with larger rivals.
I have never seen it as bad as in 2020. I know in the US things were bad in 2008 for small businesses, but I have seen hundreds close up for good within an hour of where I live. It was terrible!

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back