What's new

If badly injured playing a sport, would you ever return to it?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Lets say you got a severe injury that resulted in you being taken out of the game for months or longer. Now lets say you're healed back up and healthy. Would you consider going back to the sport you got injured in? Or would you call it quits? Personally I hate to be injured, so I'd probably retire myself. What about you?

Well, it actually depends on the kind of injury I sustained while playing the particular sports in question. When it is something that is life threatening and I was fortunate enough to recover from that injury, I don't think I will be heading back to that sports for any reason whatsoever no matter the amount of money they are paying me.

If it's a very serious injury and my body doesn't recover, I think I would retire from the sport, it doesn't make sense to force the body or not be in condition to perform as it did before because my body hasn't recovered properly, for this you also have to be treated by the best doctors in case it's a very serious injury.

I used to play football and my body is not really adapted to sports so very soon I got a serious injury that made it doubtful that I would ever be able to run but still everything ended well and I was able to play for a while but it was already very scary for me so i'm done

As long as the injury isn't life threatening, trust me, I will return. Asides the numerous bruises and cuts I've sustained playing football, I once had a very painful groin injury during the quarterfinals of a local tournament.

I tried my possible best to make the semifinals which was just two days later. That's how desperate I was, trying to play football two days after a groin injury that's supposed to keep me out for at least two weeks. Needless to say, I started playing football just a week after my injury.

I used to play football and my body is not really adapted to sports so very soon I got a serious injury that made it doubtful that I would ever be able to run but still everything ended well and I was able to play for a while but it was already very scary for me so i'm done

It is never advisable for you to risk it when you know that your body is not adapting to playing football. This is something that is capable of making you to sustain a very serious injury that will take years before it is going to be healed completely or it would even not to heal completely again for the rest of your life.

I remember those days I was very interested at backflipping, upon pain and upon pains it gave, I still see myself going back to them. A time came when my body was use to it and the pains vanish whenever I do flippings.

It depends on whether I was playing for fun or to earn. It also depends on the type of injury that I had. There are players that had never been the same in the sports that they play after they had the injury that they had. So, there is always a risk with the type of injury that one can have. If I am playing to earn, I will work on getting back on my feet as well.

Lets say you got a severe injury that resulted in you being taken out of the game for months or longer. Now lets say you're healed back up and healthy. Would you consider going back to the sport you got injured in? Or would you call it quits? Personally I hate to be injured, so I'd probably retire myself. What about you?
In this case it is not longer your decision, it is medical staff could say this player could continue playing or the ability of playing disappears then get some money from sport team and end of contract if injury prevents from practicing sport requirements.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back