What's new

How to reduce the case of substandard house.

Well I think the government should set a safety standard for builders, one that must be strictly adhered too, to avoid the use of lesser materials instead of the required ones. Another option is for builders and contractors to be rid of greed which most times leads to shortchanging of funds and material.

People in a way to reduce cost, people do use substandard materials without minding the implications. the only and effective way to stop this is if government start punishing the house owner that falls into this act

Substandard houses are a great danger to human very n we stop itown existence. People die from incidence of building collapse in my country Nigeria as a result of substandard house.
How do we reduce this problem or better still how can we stop it?
Renting a home may be a better decision, especially in those areas where rental rates do not reflect higher home prices, relocation within several years is likely, or the combination of a down payment and closing costs eliminates all emergency funds and savings. Brian Martucci of MoneyCrashers recently analyzed the pros and cons of renting versus buying a house.

Substandard houses are a great danger to human very n we stop itown existence. People die from incidence of building collapse in my country Nigeria as a result of substandard house.
Government has a major role to play in the reduction of substandard houses by putting in some laws to guide building of houses to avoid loss of life's and property

Most substandard houses can be reffed to has old age houses, house that are constructed with olden materials, some of these house experience wall cracking and the quality of product used to then would have gone worsen out.
Such a building should be place user supervision in case fatal accident.

Government should intervene by enacting laws against this acts. And the house owners should try as much as possible to use a good and quality material that will be durable. Not only this, the laborers should be laid well and be qualified as well.

You're very correct, over here in my country Nigeria it has becomes a normal norm for buildings and houses to be collapsing every now and then, I believe with the use of quality materials this could be avoided in the future, also with a very well experienced and hard working engineer who would be there daily to inspect all works going on.

In this regards I feel the government has to do more to help the issues affecting substandard structures everywhere. Most especially in the rural areas of some regions.
Post automatically merged:

In this regards I feel the government has to do more to help the issues affecting substandard structures everywhere. Most especially in the rural areas of some regions. A call to action should be taken by the government for the people.

The case of substandard house is to first of screen the people that are in charge of building a house, they really need to be screened. These are the things that leads to house collapse so they really need to employ people that are knowledgeable in the field like building technology.

Most people that build substandard houses are as a result of insufficient fund though that is not a prerequisite to endanger the lives of people, the best thing will be for the government to implement law that will curb the construction of substandard houses.

Well There was a village in the adjacent town that was built on the mountainside. The residential village called Cherry Hills had a landslide due to heavy rains. Houses were swept down and 60 people died with the 380 houses ruined. In another suburban town down south the government housing projects were proven to be substandard of materials that walls are collapsing and roofs have leaks. There was a senate hearing but I have not heard of a punished engineer or developer. Substandard housing here is the result of corruption.

This is a very rampant issue as buildings collapse every now and then in Nigeria, substandard houses can be avoided by using quality building materials, always employ the services of a qualified and registered civil engineer, and involve the proper government agencies.

Substandard housing scheme is really affecting life of people badly.
We can reduce the cases of collapse building by providing adequate measure to check make the activity of those engineers handling any building site.
There should fundamental Changes in the school system. Government should make sure that they do not allow those not qualified to handle any building project.

substandard housing as any condition which exists to an extent that it endangers the life, limb, property, safety or welfare of the occupants or general public.

The best way to monitor the activities of sub standard house is to make sure you monitor the activities of your building with your contractors. Most contractors do short out some cement and sand out of the one they claim to have bought for your building and at the long run it will be diverted.

That is so true, it is very dangerous to the humans living in it, in my school, a hostel building collapsed and some students died in the process. This is an issue that has to be looked into because if not taken seriously can cost humans their lives. It is important to inspect houses.

I think everything about the issue lies on the relevant authorities, if they choose to do so they can, but in a situation where nobody is ready to ask you questions about the material that your using the complete your building, the issue keeps lingering.

The only way to aviod substandard house is to do a personal check of the equipment and the items that will be used for the construction of the house. One needs to do a proper inspection of the workers aswel and materials that will be used.

In the city where I live, we witnessed some cases of building collapse. I think the government should do enough in curtailing the case of substandard buildings.

One of the best way in which we can use in stopping the substandard building in an community is for the government to set up a supervising unit, this supervising unit will be in charge of checking the standard of houses in that community

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back