What's new

How to reduce the case of substandard house.

Substandard houses are a great danger to human very n we stop itown existence. People die from incidence of building collapse in my country Nigeria as a result of substandard house.
How do we reduce this problem or better still how can we stop it?
We agreed that substandard house are terrible dangers to human which we need to stop it from our routine in building houses.... but the question is can we do that.

The extent to which people cut corners just to make profit is alarming, using substandard materials to structure a building or build an estate,which in a long run can depreciate and become a problem is very bad,I implore every estate surveyor to use the standard materials.

Substandard houses and constructions are the result of contractors wanting to cut cunners to make illicit gains at the expense of human lives that such gains will cause. Development controls of countries need to wake up to their responsibilities

This problem is really serious. However, it can be stopped by the government. It is possible to stop these incidents by hiring an inspector who is supervised a group of seniors who can stop the utilization of substandard materials that are used to construct such kind of houses. Such incidents should also be investigated at a higher level in order to stop such incidents and punish people who use substandard materials to construct such kinds of houses.

Substandard houses are a serious menace in our society which are mostly caused by poor or substandard materials, unqualified estate developers and building engineers. To stop the cases of substandard housing, the government needs to put a strict policies prohibiting the import of substandard materials into the country, the government should also make sure that all building engineers are certified before they can be allowed to build houses.

Substandard houses are a great danger to human very n we stop itown existence. People die from incidence of building collapse in my country Nigeria as a result of substandard house.
I think one of the best ways to stop this in Nigeria is for the house owners to make sure and supervise the workers to buy original materials. The major issue to this is the fact that majority of the works done in Nigeria are being done with inferior goods just so they can get extra cash to their names

The state government are kind of trying in trying to sort out bad house in their states in their environment but most land lords are complaining of funds that are required to rebuild, let's hope with time they can come to an agreement.

Well more attention should be put into the building process in the first place, substandard houses can lead to loss of lives so it's important that substandard materials and personnel are not in the mix

Surely we shouldn't build or leave I such type of house especially in Nigeria it's becoming more everyday because people believe it's better to buy an already finished house than buying lands and doing everything .

Surely we shouldn't build or leave I such type of house especially in Nigeria it's becoming more everyday because people believe it's better to buy an already finished house than buying lands and doing everything .
This is one of the problem in my country Nigeria as I also have this mentality that I wouldn't bother myself with all the stress of having to build my own house but I would prefer to buy an already built house.
Post automatically merged:

There was a village in the adjacent town that was built on the mountainside. The residential village called Cherry Hills had a landslide due to heavy rains. Houses were swept down and 60 people died with the 380 houses ruined. In another suburban town down south the government housing projects were proven to be substandard of materials that walls are collapsing and roofs have leaks. There was a senate hearing but I have not heard of a punished engineer or developer. Substandard housing here is the result of corruption.
This is the same thing in my country government contractors get contract to build other houses roads or bridges then they will reduce the amount of money used to buy this materials by buying substandard materials so that they will get a lot of money from the contract and at the end of the day what they have built will start collapsing in just a short period of time.

Last edited:
I think that we can all overcome this very big issue by being stricter on the licensing and registration of new buildings where only standard methods would be approved for building.

There are many way in which we can reduce the problems of substandard house, first is to buy the materials yourself , some people tend to give contractors money to buy materials and most of them buy cheap products and sometimes manage materials fornthe owner which in turn cause building to collapse,

There are many way in which we can reduce the problems of substandard house, first is to buy the materials yourself , some people tend to give contractors money to buy materials and most of them buy cheap products and sometimes manage materials fornthe owner which in turn cause building to collapse,
The first is that when buying materials for building of houses buying this materials ourself might even increase the risk of buying substandard materials as we do not have the requisite knowledge of these materials as to know the ones that her fake or original.

I think most house owner should be checking the kind of house products been use to build their house, because most building engineer would buy fake products all because they want to gain from you so at the end the house would collapse.

I think most house owner should be checking the kind of house products been use to build their house, because most building engineer would buy fake products all because they want to gain from you so at the end the house would collapse.
I completely agree with you and whenever this out owners are going to check on the materials that the engineers or contractors are using to build their house they should go with a trusted engineer other than the one that they are currently using yo build their house.

The major way we can reduce substandard infrastructure is by ensuring that adequate professionalism and adequate supervision is put in place. More importantly adequate funding for the building project.

The major way we can reduce substandard infrastructure is by ensuring that adequate professionalism and adequate supervision is put in place. More importantly adequate funding for the building project.
One way to reduce the rate of substandard houses is to build with good materials and quality materials with these the rate of substandard houses will be reduced to the minimum rate.

I completely agree with you that the best way to reduce substandard infrastructure by ensuring that adequate professionalism is required in building all structures and also adequate supervision by these professionals should be encouraged.

I completely agree with you that the best way to reduce substandard infrastructure by ensuring that adequate professionalism is required in building all structures and also adequate supervision by these professionals should be encouraged.
Absolutely with the above measures in place, we are going to have fewer accidents of building collapsing. It's always disheartening when you read of collapsed building and people getting killed due to human negligence.

The reason for most building collapsed is very many.One is the use of substandard materials for structural building,a competent engineer or structural engineer might decide to cut corners to shortchange the proces.And use of unqualified personels to supervise and carryout building structure.And then the part of the regulatory agencies saddled with monitoring,that do not carry out their jobs

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back