What's new

How to reduce the case of substandard house.

I think substandard houses are very danger and many people die in incidence in process building, the building need to be proper checking.

I think substandard houses are very danger and many people die in incidence in process building, the building need to be proper checking.
I agree that houses particularly the new houses should be checked by the engineering department of the city or town. That is the reason to issue a certification of occupation otherwise the house should be repaired. But here there is no such inspection done to houses.

Well the government should start by reducing the Importation and production of fake and substandard building materials. We as individuals should avoid it also.

In my country here(Nigeria) , the government doesn't even mind to check on these things , once you pay your daily tax .., your good to go , and what am seeing I don't think an individual or private company can start doing investigation because it may cause mayhem

The first and utmost reason people build substandard houses without minding the future consequences is to minimize cost. I'll suggest that the dollar rate be reduced so prices of building materials can be regulated to help people afford and build standard houses.

Government should come up with policies that will break Monopoly in cement industry. People are building substandard structures due to the High cost of building materials.

While everyone into the construction of building structures are to ensure that they keep to the building codes, it is the responsibility of the authorities to ensure that these rules are been followed strictly

Substandard houses are a great danger to human very n we stop itown existence. People die from incidence of building collapse in my country Nigeria as a result of substandard house.
How do we reduce this problem or better still how can we stop it?
The problem is the individuals, most people like short cut and will want to cut cost by any chance possible,you see people going for substandard material all in the name of management.

That can only be regulated by the government of the country or state, as the case may be. Sometimes, you can have all houses in the best standard because there will always be poor citizens. Government of advanced countries build houses and let them out to citizens for discounted prices.
the issue of solving the building of substandard housing development,is for the govermnent regulatory agency involve in the rugulation of building development to be involved in the monitoring of buildings and development.

Substandard houses are a great danger to human very n we stop itown existence. People die from incidence of building collapse in my country Nigeria as a result of substandard house.
The house owners and architects are the main cause of these problems faced from substandard houses or structures.
Some of them use substandard materials probably because of lack of funds and end up endangering the lives of people who get to purchase such structures.

There are alot of substandard houses in Nigeria these days. We can onlybpray for money because i feel the best solution to this problem is building your own houses. When you build your own houses, you can monitor it and makes sure the building is of high quality and standard and we can only do this with money.

This is indeed a problem. Lives are lost due to this and the architect of this problem is the architect or property owner. The use of substandard materials for construction should be stopped. Get the right engineers for your building projects.

Only if the government can carry out their jobs by inspecting building materials used for building and making live easy for its citizens by providing necessary amenities with job opportunities so that her citizens can afford the well structured houses.

Well more attention should be put into the building process in the first place, substandard houses can lead to loss of lives so it's important that substandard materials and personnel are not in the mix
The issue of having substandard houses reduced lies with the government,the government agencies that is responsible for issuing of licence and approval of house plan should carry out their regulatory role properlly

A story that broke the internet about some 2 weeks ago of collapsed buildings in Nigeria was so rampant; we thought it was the end till others started following.
There's no shortcut to it, use of substandard or low quality material should be avoided. Standard recommendations and practices should be followed as well; I read the building was originally slated for 15 floors but they ended up constructing 21

The reduce the incidence of building collapse the regulator must up and doing and do their oversight duties in ensuring enforcement of standards by the builder. Quality materials must be used.

The best way to monitor the activities of sub standard house is to make sure you monitor the activities of your building with your contractors. Most contractors do short out some cement and sand out of the one they claim to have bought for your building and at the long run it will be diverted.

Only the government of the country or state, as the case may be, can regulate this. Because there will always be impoverished citizens, it is not always possible to have all houses of the highest grade. Governments in advanced countries construct residences and rent them to inhabitants at a reduced rate.

Substandard means the architecture is not sound enough for the structure. But I'm sure the architectural plan is okay and the problem lies in the construction that the engineer replaces the capacity of the materials to save on the cost. Usually the changes is upon the request of the owner.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back