What's new

How to prevent getting unwanted traffic?

IPs from a given region can be simply banned and blocked.
As it has been demonstrated that allowing access from specific locations actually lowers rankings, I have implemented this on a couple of my sites.

But why are you blocking some regions from accessing your website. I have some website owners who implemented this. It doesn't look as good idea to me. I understand some of the some website owners ban some regions from their website is prevent fraudulent activity, but this is not enough reason to ban an entire region.

I clearly sometimes get the wrong traffic to my blog, aka countries that are not into the topic, or a gender that isn't that much interested and I can't figure it out why?
What are some steps to ensure you get the right traffic to your site?
One of the most effective ways to ensure that negative traffic does not thrive on your website, especially from unrelated countries, is to block IP addresses from a certain locality or region.

Personally, I have zero tolerance for intruders and yes, I'll simply block the IP and install some sort of message on the page that indicates that the website will be available in their country much sooner

Personally, I have zero tolerance for intruders and yes, I'll simply block the IP and install some sort of message on the page that indicates that the website will be available in their country much sooner
Are people creating specially for particular region? I think the website should be access worldwide except a business or service website that's restricted to particular region. For instance, home builder in Austin might want to restrict people from other region from visiting his website.

I clearly sometimes get the wrong traffic to my blog, aka countries that are not into the topic, or a gender that isn't that much interested and I can't figure it out why?
To prevent specific countries interest in your blog you should block their IP address from your website and enjoys the that once interest with you want. This is one of easiest way to get good favorable region's traffic to your blog.

To prevent specific countries interest in your blog you should block their IP address from your website and enjoys the that once interest with you want. This is one of easiest way to get good favorable region's traffic to your blog.

Blocking IP address is a common way for many website owners to restrict traffic. But the main issue is that they may feel unwanted and and unwelcome by the website owner.

you should really take your time when sourcing for traffic as you would not want to have un wanted traffic in your site as it can be really counter productive and also a waste of time and resources.

Just go ahead and block the entire region or even specific IPs from your website. It is better to take precautions than suffer if anything untoward like hacking of website happens.

You can stop buy activating GEO target option where you can block whole country traffic to your server although you could lose some quality traffic too but it is only way to stop unwanted traffic.

Maybe you're not putting out the right content as someone has earlier advised above in the comments. You can choose to work on your site's meta tags and ensure that searches can bring up the right results.

Unwanted traffic might some times be a very bad thing for your website, it can even lead to you site getting hacked. You can actually block traffic on the website from specific IP or region

You can stop buy activating GEO target option where you can block whole country traffic to your server although you could lose some quality traffic too but it is only way to stop unwanted traffic.
This is the first time I am getting deeper insight on how this works, because I do understand some site blocks users from certain countries and it is an amazing feature to have on your site

You need traffic from legitimate sources in order to generate revenue. If you have been receiving traffic from low-quality sources, you can have trouble with your advertisers. The only way to prevent this from happening is to avoid advertising your site on low quality platforms

The most important thing is that the traffic should not be coming from automated machines (bots). This is why I really do not like to believe that there is something like unwanted traffic.

To prevent getting unwanted traffic, you can use a variety of methods such as using a captcha or reCAPTCHA on your site, setting up rate-limiting rules and using a bit management service. Captchas and reCAPTCHAs can help to reduce the amount of automated bots that are accessing your page. Rate-limiting rules can be used to limit the number of requests that a user or IP address can make in a given period of time. Also, a not management service can help to detect and block bots that are invading your website

A firewall can be used to stop any incoming traffic from unreliable sources. To add an extra degree of security, you can employ a third-party service like Cloudflare or a web application firewall to block harmful bots and crawlers.

I think the person should be up and doing and the person should not just allow any kind of browser or person to gain access to his website. At the same time, it should be easy to access.

this is one of the most effective methods I have seen some websites use. They simply use IP blocking tools to block some particular region. But some of it can be bypassed by proxy.
This is not true you cannot bypass IP blocking by proxy as the website will figure this and ban you because there is SQL mechanisms to detect proxy or even Laravel or React or Vue JS technics so it is possible. But it is not limited to proxy even using VPN to encouter site let you blocked from access.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back