What's new

How to prevent getting unwanted traffic?

Shole

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Dec 15, 2020
USD
$-0.0500USD
Biznotes
I clearly sometimes get the wrong traffic to my blog, aka countries that are not into the topic, or a gender that isn't that much interested and I can't figure it out why?
What are some steps to ensure you get the right traffic to your site?

Well, you can use Google keyword checker software to research on a topic before you write on them. While doing keyword, make sure you select the country you wish target. Doing this will help you know what keyword people in that country enter in google

You can ban and block IPs from a specific region fairly easily. I have done this on a few of my sites as it has been shown to actually hurt rankings to allow certain places to access it.

You can ban and block IPs from a specific region fairly easily. I have done this on a few of my sites as it has been shown to actually hurt rankings to allow certain places to access it.
That was exactly what a friend of mine that owns a websites did with his sites , he decided to ban and block from IP addresses from me region that normally disturbs him with unwanted traffic ,

That was exactly what a friend of mine that owns a websites did with his sites , he decided to ban and block from IP addresses from me region that normally disturbs him with unwanted traffic ,
It is the easiest and fastest fix for issues like this. A lot of people don't think about it though. You want to prevent crawlers and bots from other countries from causing disruptive bounce rates.

Yes, I have also noticed that many people block IPs, but I think that it would give a bad impression and make visitors think that you are being discriminatory. At least this is what I feel. Having said that, you can simply block the IP and install some sort of message on the page that indicates that the website will be available in their country much sooner.

Cloudflare protection could be not efficient because it causes bad experience of user and then the Cloudflare protection is just for people that may visit site several times to contribute find themselves blocked by error.

In order to prevent getting unwanted traffic to your website, it’s possible to block traffic from specific IP’s or a range of IP’s from visiting your website. Even traffic from entire countries can be blocked.

In order to prevent getting unwanted traffic to your website, it’s possible to block traffic from specific IP’s or a range of IP’s from visiting your website. Even traffic from entire countries can be blocked.
Block IP is by doing captcha verification before having site rendering to prevent any bot visitor that I see in an important number of websites.

Yes, I have also noticed that many people block IPs, but I think that it would give a bad impression and make visitors think that you are being discriminatory. At least this is what I feel. Having said that, you can simply block the IP and install some sort of message on the page that indicates that the website will be available in their country much sooner.
Region banning is normal. There are governments that outright ban places like Facebook or keep you from accessing any sites founded in one country.

Region banning is normal. There are governments that outright ban places like Facebook or keep you from accessing any sites founded in one country.
But you could lose important potential clients or sales for banning many regions from accessing to your side because there is drawbacks on the story.

I think the best bet is to block IP addresses, but that also stops those who may use VPNs to access the site. As well, you may be blocking genuine people in the mix as well. So you have to keep that in mind too. But if you see an influx of visitors from the same or similar locations, then you know it's probably bots or something else.

Yeah I know that they ban certain regions, but they install pop-up plugins that display messages like "The owner has banned your country!". This gives us an impression that the owner is being discriminatory against people.

Yeah I know that they ban certain regions, but they install pop-up plugins that display messages like "The owner has banned your country!". This gives us an impression that the owner is being discriminatory against people.
Oh, well if that is the case then yeah, that is too far. The site should just not load. If you go out of your way to state you are blocking people, then it will come off wrong.

Oh, well if that is the case then yeah, that is too far. The site should just not load. If you go out of your way to state you are blocking people, then it will come off wrong.

If you do not want a people from a specific region, then you could simply post a message like "This service will soon be available in your country". This is what many professional websites like Stripe do!

If you do not want a people from a specific region, then you could simply post a message like "This service will soon be available in your country". This is what many professional websites like Stripe do!
That makes sense to do this but if you do not intend on allowing it or straight up block it, then you are just lying which can be viewed as worse down the road.

That makes sense to do this but if you do not intend on allowing it or straight up block it, then you are just lying which can be viewed as worse down the road.

I do not see this as offensive. Perhaps the service might become at any time in the future. Who knows? However, it is much better than displaying pop-up messages that makes the viewer feel discriminated.

Does banning of ip really benefited website? I don't think there's a way you can prevent unwanted traffic from the website. I see a lot of website who banned some countries from accessing their website. I keep wonder what they are benefiting.

Sometimes preventing unwanted traffics seems to be very difficult, but I think some people when they want to stay away from a specific traffic they block there ip address from the site.

this is one of the most effective methods I have seen some websites use. They simply use IP blocking tools to block some particular region. But some of it can be bypassed by proxy.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back