What's new

How secure is your Crypto Wallet?

Harkinz

Familiar Face
Jan 6, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
The Bengaluru Central Crime Branch (CCB) Police have revealed that bitcoins worth Rs 9 crore ($1.23 million) have been seized from a 25-year-old hacker, local media reported Friday.

The hacker known as Shri Krishna is a software engineer and resident of Jayanagar in south Bengaluru. He was arrested on Nov. 18 for sourcing drugs through the darknet using bitcoins. Bengaluru Joint Police Commissioner (Crime) Sandeep Patil explained that during the investigation:

Besides buying drugs, Patil said that the hacker and his friends “were also using these bitcoins to lead lavish lives” and “stayed in star hotels and resorts.”

Krishna also hacked the Karnataka government’s e-procurement portal in August 2019 and was booked for stealing Rs 11 crore from the site.

In addition, a senior officer detailed that Krishna deployed ransomware to force the owners of the websites he hacked to pay ransoms. “He also used to create mirror sites and get information on credit or debit cards used by people who accessed sites to steal money,” the official said

How secure is your E wallet?. The security of your crypto wallet is paramount.

The Bengaluru Central Crime Branch (CCB) Police have revealed that bitcoins worth Rs 9 crore ($1.23 million) have been seized from a 25-year-old hacker, local media reported Friday.

The hacker known as Shri Krishna is a software engineer and resident of Jayanagar in south Bengaluru. He was arrested on Nov. 18 for sourcing drugs through the darknet using bitcoins. Bengaluru Joint Police Commissioner (Crime) Sandeep Patil explained that during the investigation:

Besides buying drugs, Patil said that the hacker and his friends “were also using these bitcoins to lead lavish lives” and “stayed in star hotels and resorts.”

Krishna also hacked the Karnataka government’s e-procurement portal in August 2019 and was booked for stealing Rs 11 crore from the site.

In addition, a senior officer detailed that Krishna deployed ransomware to force the owners of the websites he hacked to pay ransoms. “He also used to create mirror sites and get information on credit or debit cards used by people who accessed sites to steal money,” the official said

My E-wallet is as secure as can be, from the story you told above the man and his friends are hackers who use ransomware and collect cryptos as ransom, I don't think their activities had much to do with wallet security.

Nevertheless, it is very important we protect our digital assets with good password and take necessary steps not to loose our assets.

My cryptocurrency wallet is very secure. I used a strong password and I never share it with anyone. I also used two figure authentication to make my wallet impossible to hack. These are just precautions I took to keep my cryptocurrency safe.

I can't determine how secure my crypto wallet is because it's an online wallet and I believe it's safe. Mostly, online wallets are not recommended for storing large quantities of cryptocurrencies and I will definitely switch to a cold storage if I own large amount of cryptocurrencies.

Ever since I started using cryptocurrency wallet 2 years ago, I have never had any experience with it in terms of security issues or the wallet failing. I think some people may be careless with their wallet details and they lose it to hackers.

Last edited:
Well im using wallets that is like the top other wallets such as Coinbase. I can't say that they're super secure because i never been a victim of any hacking. I guess I won't be a target because I don't have much on my wallets anyway.. but i guess they're secure just right never heard a lot of people got hacked from those.

Well im using wallets that is like the top other wallets such as Coinbase. I can't say that they're super secure because i never been a victim of any hacking. I guess I won't be a target because I don't have much on my wallets anyway.. but i guess they're secure just right never heard a lot of people got hacked from those.
Coinbase happens to be the best of the best when it comes to secure cryptocurrency wallet. I don't think I have ever heard that it was hacked or something unless you lost your login information to hackers. It's just a shame that Coinbase services is not allowed all over the world but in few countries.

Coinbase happens to be the best of the best when it comes to secure cryptocurrency wallet. I don't think I have ever heard that it was hacked or something unless you lost your login information to hackers. It's just a shame that Coinbase services is not allowed all over the world but in few countries.
True i haven't read anything regarding hacking on Coinbase either so i guess it's pretty secured. Just need to secure our datas such as email and passwords never share them in public. Too bad it's kinda hard to use the Coinbase full potential because i haven't verified my account yet

Well no matter how secure a wallet can't be security measures are always been out inplaced cause of internet fraudsters, that's why there are different security options to keep your wallet safe, upgrades each time from the service provider so your money can be save because when it comes down to money people are always looking for means to get it including fraudsters. So no matter how secure your wallet is you still need to take measure.

This is a serious crime. I think my really is secure I try not share my passwords or 12 seed phrase to avoid regrettable stories but we still have to be very careful because these guys will stop at nothing until they milk people try of their hard earned funds. This is just sad and heartbreaking

Hackers keep stepping up in their games. To some extent, my wallet is secured. I made sure I set all the security settings requires by my wallet. And I don't prsnt permission for my wallet to be remembering my password. I log in and log out.

I can not hesitate to keep my wallet security saving. I used a strong password and keep it to unaccessible place, because I do not want to be fraud by anyone. There are many people that do not have another work than to hack a any account exposed to them.

True i haven't read anything regarding hacking on Coinbase either so i guess it's pretty secured. Just need to secure our datas such as email and passwords never share them in public. Too bad it's kinda hard to use the Coinbase full potential because i haven't verified my account yet
I don't think it's capable of happening any time soon or later because their layer of firewall and security is second to no other. I read somewhere one saying they had server outage one time which I really find it very hard to believe. It's not possible for such to happen with Coinbase.

I don't think it's capable of happening any time soon or later because their layer of firewall and security is second to no other. I read somewhere one saying they had server outage one time which I really find it very hard to believe. It's not possible for such to happen with Coinbase.
Hopefully.. most of the hackers are targeting exchanges anyway by the looks of it exchangers are more likely to be hacked than a wallet just based on the news about hacking incidents. So we're safe on Coinbase some system failures but that's just it

Hopefully.. most of the hackers are targeting exchanges anyway by the looks of it exchangers are more likely to be hacked than a wallet just based on the news about hacking incidents. So we're safe on Coinbase some system failures but that's just it
It's what hackers look for every now and then, it's how they survive by stealing from others instead of working hard to earn money and make a good living. With all the time they invest in trying to hack investors wallet, they can use it to do something meaningful.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back