What's new

How much of a pension should you save up to at least?

What is the least you should have saved up on your pension before retirement? Should it be a ton? Or should it just be enough to live comfortably?

What are your suggestions?
You should be able to save as much as you think will serve you after retirement.
Look at the amount you're earning now and plan your pension scheme I'm such a way that it is not inconvenient.

What is the least you should have saved up on your pension before retirement? Should it be a ton? Or should it just be enough to live comfortably?

I think it should be just enough to enable you live comfortably.
For most people their pensions do not meet their needs because the amount they had saved up was little.
So, save up something tangible.

There is no amount of money that it's expected to reach it limits in terms of savings for pension. even though it depends on how you earned your income and the level of needs demand to mrleet up with at a particular time.

You need to save enough for your pension In other to live a uninterrupted life. There's no specific amount to save but you need more than enough.

Your savings should be continual till the days you retire, no amount of savings is guaranteed enough so you should continue saving as you live and invest some part of it
Post automatically merged:

No amount is enough so it is wise to save as long as you are working and it is also advisable to invest some of your salary which you are still working

Last edited:
I feel one's pension should be enough for one to live comfortable after retirement but most government workers do not get to choose how much pension they save. Most times it is decided for them by the government.

The pension amount you will save is not up to you but it is determined by the number of years of your service,the law governing pension scheme in your country on how much percentage of your monthly salary will be deducted and how much percentage contribution by your employer.

In a government establishment , its the affairs of the givernment to save your entitlement for you but If you are in a private sector, you can start saving with some organisation early,

There are several factors which affect the level of our savings, most especially for our pension when we no longer work. The level of our needs increase on daily basis and thus affects our savings. But it's expected we save a better amount of money for our needs.

I think it should be just enough to enable you live comfortably.
For most people their pensions do not meet their needs because the amount they had saved up was little.
So, save up something tangible.
I think the amount you can get saved up would depend on the type of organization you work with and the amount you earn. That not withstanding, your pension fund should be such that would keep you going on retirement.

I think it is not good to save up for retirement alone because the inflation will eat up your savings. The best thing is to have series of investment before you retire. I have a man who invested into real estate during his active years and he is enjoying his investment at retirement.

To save for your pension is saving for the rainny day,and when this thing get into your head,knowing that there will come a time where your strenght will no longer carry you again.You need to save substantial amount,and cut less of unessary spending and keep it for your later years.

Instead of considering the amount that should be saved before retirement. Why don't we consider that we should rather have a lot of investment before our retirement comes around.
This should be the new thought in our minds.

The amount that was needed to be accumulated should be well enough to cater for your needs at old age. Saving up penny would not be of help at all. The amount to save must be sufficient.

There is no limit to how much you can save up for your pension and it would be a more profitable activity if you save up quite enough that could go into a reasonable investment plan and yield you more income passively.

If you are having a devent income in your life before the pension and everything is fine, I will want to have a pension worths at least 2000$ dollars a month so I will be able to buy the things I need and pay the bills. I will probably work although I have a pension since it might be not enough in the future, prices go up and anyway if you want live better you must have a work in addition to the pension.

For a person who is depending on he or her pension to build a house most have save a lot or except the my country self do not like paying pensioners at times self.

There is no limit as to how much you should save or invest for your retirement.
But it is always better to save or invest as much as possible so that you have a stress-free retirement.

There is no limit as to how much you should save or invest for your retirement.
But it is always better to save or invest as much as possible so that you have a stress-free retirement.
Stating a particular amount would not work out for everybody, this is due to the fact that we are all different and have different needs and wants.

Stating a particular amount would not work out for everybody, this is due to the fact that we are all different and have different needs and wants.
Very true, we are all different and we have our definite goals in life that's why I said that there is no amount that is too big and the bigger the better for sustainability.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back