What's new

Forum Vs Blog: Which is Easier to Manage?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$2.0000USD
Biznotes
Currently, I am running 15 websites. These websites are on different niches ranging from health, travel, astrology, food, gardening to beauty, homemaking, etc. Some of these websites are multi niches and some are single niches I sometimes hire writers to write for my websites and social media marketers to promote on social sites. However, I do most of the work.

I do not have a forum now, but I have tried my hands on forum. The first forum I created lasted for three months. I had to shut it down because I could get more than 10 members. My second forum lasted little longer, about one year, even though there were over 100 members, only a handful of them were active. Therefore, I shut this forum. I never created another.

Currently, I am running 15 websites. These websites are on different niches ranging from health, travel, astrology, food, gardening to beauty, homemaking, etc. Some of these websites are multi niches and some are single niches I sometimes hire writers to write for my websites and social media marketers to promote on social sites. However, I do most of the work.

I do not have a forum now, but I have tried my hands on forum. The first forum I created lasted for three months. I had to shut it down because I could get more than 10 members. My second forum lasted little longer, about one year, even though there were over 100 members, only a handful of them were active. Therefore, I shut this forum. I never created another.
What is your aim, when you created those forums? Was it to make money or what? Forum is different from blog. Since you are a blogger, you don't need a forum. Only if you want to build a community that will bring people together to help each other.

What is your aim, when you created those forums? Was it to make money or what? Forum is different from blog. Since you are a blogger, you don't need a forum. Only if you want to build a community that will bring people together to help each other.
I like to call myself a webmaster. I create blogs, websites, forums, ecommerce sites and try to make money from the sites I have created either through advertising, selling products, or selling the website I have created. I am also a blogger, however, more than a blogger, I am a website desiger.

I like to call myself a webmaster. I create blogs, websites, forums, ecommerce sites and try to make money from the sites I have created either through advertising, selling products, or selling the website I have created. I am also a blogger, however, more than a blogger, I am a website desiger.
Since you are saying you are a webmaster and you are into many. You can try blog and forum and monetize it. But the main thing is to get traffic to the blog or forum

A forum is easy to manage than a blog because a blogger needs a lot of time on research before he can write on a topic while a forum content are easy to generate, you can just think and generate a forum topic.

Since you are saying you are a webmaster and you are into many. You can try blog and forum and monetize it. But the main thing is to get traffic to the blog or forum
I have a lot of websites monetized with various ad networks including Adsense. Before Covid hit, I was earning about $400 per month in average from Adsesne. I dream of having a paid to post forum one day. I really like this concept of engaging users on forums to discuss on certain topics.

I have a lot of websites monetized with various ad networks including Adsense. Before Covid hit, I was earning about $400 per month in average from Adsesne. I dream of having a paid to post forum one day. I really like this concept of engaging users on forums to discuss on certain topics.
It is a good one to want to have paid to forum websites. But you must know that it is not easy to have paid to forum. You will have enough money apart from the money you will earn from adverts that you will pay members.

Because owners of paid to forum websites pays more than they generate from the website. I really give kudos to owner of gptforum and others.

The forum owners who are paying more than earning are doing so in a hope to earn in the future. If they fail to earn, they will stop paying or pay as much as they are earning

Forums have members, you need to moderate actively. However, blog has only handful of users (if you have allowed users) and it is easy to manage.

That's correct. Forums have a lot of members and these members create a lot of content, therefore, you need extra hands to manage forum.

Lol, kudos to you man, you've really shown that you can design every type of websites. Running a forum, requires hardwork than the blog type. Both looks the same, but forum is more of an interactive one than blogging. Had it been you gave incentive during your first forum attempts, maybe you've gained from it as well, through running of ads. Surely you'll get guests who view from search engines, boosting your site traffic and bringing you revenue when they click on those ads, especially adsense with clear indication.

I think both are not easy to handle all depend on your effort to make it work for you, running a forum without having enough knowledge about it can't move well.

In my opinion a blog is easier to manage in the sense that you are in control of the topic posting and you moderate only comments unlike a forum you moderate numerous topics and comments too

Lol, kudos to you man, you've really shown that you can design every type of websites. Running a forum, requires hardwork than the blog type. Both looks the same, but forum is more of an interactive one than blogging. Had it been you gave incentive during your first forum attempts, maybe you've gained from it as well, through running of ads. Surely you'll get guests who view from search engines, boosting your site traffic and bringing you revenue when they click on those ads, especially adsense with clear indication.
Before Covid, I was earning $10-$20 pr day just from Adsense, however, these days my adsense earnings have substantially reduced.

Before Covid, I was earning $10-$20 pr day just from Adsense, however, these days my adsense earnings have substantially reduced.
You were earning higher before covid19. But your income should have gone up since covid19 brought more people online cos of their indoor activities. How manage it affected your adsense earnings per day??

Adsense is an online advertising, however, it also runs ads for offline businesses. Since businesses were shut down or went into hibernation, less ads were available and high paying ads were almost absent.

Building content on a forum is easy but you need a lot of good members to build good quality content. This does not happen easily, you may have to open your forum for paid posting before you cna build good content

Well, to tell you the truth, building content on forums is not easy. You need a lot of members to build contents. Getting members on your site is not easy. Even if you are able to build members, making them regular poster is difficult. You may have to pay them for posting and this will cost you a lot of money.

Based on my experience with forum posting, I also believe building contents on forums is also not very easy as you need to pay the users to create content

A forum can be a blog for the following reason:

In a blog you can put your daily ideas and some daily news from trusted sources in the internet what a forum can do also.

In other fact, forum can reduce spam so in blog registration is for administrative (like for wordpress, joomla, drupal) with different ranks and can be for visitors however in forum we can limit for users so we ban spam users.

So both are complementary and we may call a forum a blog.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back