What's new

Facebook Marketplace Vs eBay: Which Platform is Good for eCommerce?

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In 2016, Facebook rolled out a feature called Facebook Marketplace that allowed the users to buy and sell products through Facebook Platform. eBay was launched in 1995, one year after Amazon was launched. When it comes to eCommerce, Facebook Marketplace cannot be compared to eBay, eBay is a very large company with its regional offices in many countries. However, Facebook Marketplace has also grow bigger over the years. There are many advantages of using Facebook Marketplace in comparison to eBay.

Facebook Marketplace allows the seller to market their listing to the 2 billion users on the Facebook Platform. You can also use Facebook ads to market locally, you can even target your ad to the town you live. eBay is very big and your products may never discovered by potential buyers.

Facebook marketplace just got opened to my country and my friends who use it say it's got lots of visibility while eBay is not available to us, I'll certainly give it a trial.

I will choose Facebook marketplace rather than choosing eBay, thou Facebook is new but almost 90% of the people in the world uses facebook to connect their family and friend , I just checked eBay twice because I don't have any specific thing I want there, so i believe Facebook marketplace is cheaper and more popular than eBay.

Since there is not third party to mediate on facebook, scamming is more common when you are selling on facebook marketplace. eBay is secured compared to facebook

Currently in my country Facebook Marketplace is widely used, since as you describe you can locate sales in a regional or even local way. In the case of eBay many times there are better prices but when you have to pay the shipping, the prices are similar. So they are opting for Facebook Marketplace.

eBay is limited to few number of people because paypal buying at ebay is limited to few number of countries however for Facebook Marketplace you can place an ad even with Payoneer credit card and it will be available for more countries.

Though ebay has been on the market for a long time now, and was actually created originally for that, Facebook on the other hand recently started but it has more traffic so I think Facebook would be best.

With the popularity of Facebook marketplace, I'll say its more preferable to ebay. Even though eBay is a popular one too when it comes to e-commerce marketplace.

I think Facebook marketing is more preferable because almost everybody is on facebook all round the world and this will make it easier for me.

Facebook is a social networking site that was primarily established for e-commerce sales. But eBay is specifically established for e-commerce sales so I don't even see any reason for the comparison here

I have not really used Facebook marketplace but considering the fact that such place is available , it will certainly not be for free and also the promotion may not get much return in both eBay and Facebook if the product is not what people want.

Facebook marketplace offers you a free platform to advertise your goods and you can leverage on it's global reach. However eBay is a standalone ecommerce platform that's reputable.

I think Facebook is the mist preferred because if the massive audience that it generates and I think you should trying Facebook at the moment

Both facebook marketplace and eBay are two different thing. Facebook marketplace place is just a place to showcase what we are selling and connect us to buyers.
But on eBay. It is a buying and selling store where we got to complete all transactions on the eBay website

Facebook marketplace is a good way to market your products to potential customers. And on Facebook there is the opportunity to directly target a particular location of your choice.

In 2016, Facebook rolled out a feature called Facebook Marketplace that allowed the users to buy and sell products through Facebook Platform. eBay was launched in 1995, one year after Amazon was launched. When it comes to eCommerce, Facebook Marketplace cannot be compared to eBay, eBay is a very large company with its regional offices in many countries. However, Facebook Marketplace has also grow bigger over the years. There are many advantages of using Facebook Marketplace in comparison to eBay.

Facebook Marketplace allows the seller to market their listing to the 2 billion users on the Facebook Platform. You can also use Facebook ads to market locally, you can even target your ad to the town you live. eBay is very big and your products may never discovered by potential buyers.

Personally, I don't really know much about ebay or how they run their e-commerce business accounts. So, I'm all for Facebook because it's what I'm used to.

I think eBay was specifically designed to sell products for customers while Facebook is just a social networking website. Even though Facebook now offer such services, it can't be like that of eBay

E-commerce should be great.. if you are using e-commerce you will definitely make some income.. wel I'm never tried ebay so I don't know how ebay works

I think eBay was specifically designed to sell products for customers while Facebook is just a social networking website. Even though Facebook now offer such services, it can't be like that of eBay

Personally, I believe that the part of the world where you are goes a very long way in deciding which one to choose that would work well for you. Here eBay isn't popular, so Facebook works more.

I think that both of them both present different Dynamics to help buying and selling works. If you have the opportunity it will even be better if you have a sort of presence in the both platforms.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back